Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 08:19 AM

51 posts, read 89,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
There's nothing wrong with a female passing up a guy she's not attracted to. I don't see what the problem is with that. I'll admit that attraction is important and gets your foot in the door but personality keeps you in the room. The problem is that a lot of girls want someone who has everything when they themselves are not really all that. Even if they are attractive they have the personality of a roach.

I know and have come across LOTS of attractive girls who in all honesty are sitff as bricks, hostile, and don't have any social skills but expect every man to be fawning over them. The sad part is that many guys do so it dosen't matter
That's understandable but it goes both ways. There are guys that go after females for superficial reasons and feel entitlted to have the best looking girl no matter what HE looks like or has to offer. Then have the nerve to get upset when turned down by these women.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:30 AM

2,007 posts, read 3,336,530 times
(responding to a 2009 post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Those stats dont mean a damn thing at the end of the day. If we play the stats game lets factor in how many single black women there are here with multiole kids with multiple fathers. How many are terribly out of shape and use thick as a scapegoat for being overweight. The bottom line is women here are waiting for some model looking dude with fat pockets and a nice car. Regardless if your stats I, nor any of my associates have a criminal record. Neither do we have any kids running around. Women here date enough of the thugs and "pretty" men before they decide they really just want someone to treat them right. I see it all the time.
You make some good points about black women abdicating their social duty to shame black men into better behavior. That has deep roots, perhaps as long as 50,000 years. That said, the net result is an startling lack of professional black men, regardless of whose fault it is. And that does matter.

Quote:
30 percent of African-American males ages 20 to 29 are "under correctional supervision" (either in jail or prison or on probation or parole). (source)
So, one third of black men take themselves out of the game before it even starts.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:44 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,596,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellaDawg View Post
I never had a problem dating in college and I certainly do not have one now.

A 6 or a 7 is OK, but anyone who is a 2 or a 3 thinking they can snag an 8 or a 9 simply because they have some podunk college degree or a decent job is just being delusional.

Yes, all of my schools are top-tier colleges on every reputable rankings list, including U.S News & World Report, Princeton Report, etc.
In Atlanta there are many 2 & 3s that feel entitled to 9s & 10s in men, but they do have degrees so I guess it is ok to feel that way?...I dont think that happens everywhere.

Last edited by FlyiMetro; 04-26-2012 at 07:02 PM..

Old 04-26-2012, 10:42 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,555,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsc1977 View Post
Hi I have been in the atl area for about 6 years . I have always been kind of weary about dating in this city and wanted to know where in the world have all the straight black professional men gone? are they all gay? I have no problems with gay men but i want to know what are my chances of meeting a single straight guy that has something to offer a single professional african american female as me...if you have some resources or info let me know ...lol
You live in Atlanta, one of the top 10 gay cities around..what did you expect?

Old 04-27-2012, 06:01 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,631,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
You live in Atlanta, one of the top 10 gay cities around..what did you expect?
How does a city get designated as a "top gay city?" is it numerical or is there a poll? I mean, I know it happens in cities like San Francisco, whereas people flock there because it's a progressive town with gay friendly laws and such. Knowing what I do about the southeast I know that's not the case with Atlanta. I've also noticed that the largest city in a region tends to attract the most gays. Thus Chicago seems to have a large gay population. I'm guessing the same would be said for either Dallas or Houston. I don't know those cities well enough to be sure, though it seems to me that Houston is more progressive of the two (for Texas). Of course Atlanta is also known for the number of gay black men, which surprises me each time I hear it. I would've thought they would prefer D.C., though the exorbitant cost of living might have driven them out. As I understand it D.C. is losing it's chocolate city designation.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:18 AM

57 posts, read 163,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
How does a city get designated as a "top gay city?" is it numerical or is there a poll? I mean, I know it happens in cities like San Francisco, whereas people flock there because it's a progressive town with gay friendly laws and such. Knowing what I do about the southeast I know that's not the case with Atlanta. I've also noticed that the largest city in a region tends to attract the most gays. Thus Chicago seems to have a large gay population. I'm guessing the same would be said for either Dallas or Houston. I don't know those cities well enough to be sure, though it seems to me that Houston is more progressive of the two (for Texas). Of course Atlanta is also known for the number of gay black men, which surprises me each time I hear it. I would've thought they would prefer D.C., though the exorbitant cost of living might have driven them out. As I understand it D.C. is losing it's chocolate city designation.
You must not get out of Dunwoody much......

Old 04-27-2012, 06:47 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,926,819 times
I'm a black gay male and me and my girlfriends talk about this all time. They seem to be having the same problem . I have one girlfriend who is dating a bisexual dude.. She compromised and every once and a while she said that they bring another dude in there bedroom. I asked her how does she handle that and she says that he is really good to her and that he told her about his sexuality in the beginning and she thought about it for momths before she decided to date him..

Old 04-27-2012, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceD91 View Post
You must not get out of Dunwoody much......
Actually I've lived in a lot of places. Still want to know how a city gets designated as a "top gay city."

Old 04-27-2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
I'm a black gay male and me and my girlfriends talk about this all time. They seem to be having the same problem . I have one girlfriend who is dating a bisexual dude.. She compromised and every once and a while she said that they bring another dude in there bedroom. I asked her how does she handle that and she says that he is really good to her and that he told her about his sexuality in the beginning and she thought about it for momths before she decided to date him..
I hate this. Another supposedly bisexual person perpetuating the myth that bisexuals are incapable of fidelity. That has nothing to do with sexual orientation. Dude is just a ho, and she's a fool.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:21 AM

34 posts, read 66,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
Atlanta has been considered a black gay mecca for decades. But to answer your question about how it could be measured, one simple statistical way is to take the per capita number of GLBTs in the area and compare that to the overall population of the metro area. Another way is to measure the number of GLBT couples or GLBT-run households. Atlanta is almost always at the top of these statistical lists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta