Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 09:19 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,729,898 times

Advertisements

You guys shouldn't just be limiting this to sisters b/c it applies to women across the board. You have some white women that strictly like to date black men. My experience has been that most of those women tend to settle for the okie dooke b/c they want a black man and not someone who brings something more than just his race to the table.

Don't even get me started on this topic. A lot of women speak out of both sides of their mouths. Its fine to have expectations put please make them applicable across the board and not just when it is convenient for you.

What makes it hard on the man is that some women have internal issues that they need to resolve before getting into a relationship with someone. How you gonna find a successful man if you're willing to settle for the dude that dissappoints you all the time or who has you as a sideline chick and has a main girl? You have to grow the f*ck up and truly know yourself so that you can bring something worthwhile to the table and not settle for the bs game that some dudes like to run.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:07 PM

57 posts, read 241,177 times
I'd suggest SW Atlanta and South Fulton - 30331 and 30349. I see lots of successful looking men around the Publix on Camp Creek.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:52 AM

325 posts, read 980,520 times
Default Hmmm...

I wouldn't get too wrapped up in finding a successful black man here. There are plenty of them, but I wouldn't necessarily "set out" to meet them. Dating in Atlanta is like a job that you don't get paid for. From my "successful" black male friends, they all say the same thing. They have waay too many options, but as far as quality they virtually have none. I just chose to be their friends bc it seems like they value you more when you are their friends. I'd rather be their friends then to date them any day....it actually holds a lot more weight

Old 04-22-2009, 08:32 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,430,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreda30238 View Post
I wouldn't get too wrapped up in finding a successful black man here. There are plenty of them, but I wouldn't necessarily "set out" to meet them. Dating in Atlanta is like a job that you don't get paid for. From my "successful" black male friends, they all say the same thing. They have waay too many options, but as far as quality they virtually have none. I just chose to be their friends bc it seems like they value you more when you are their friends. I'd rather be their friends then to date them any day....it actually holds a lot more weight

Very good points. Men do value a woman as a friend more than they do when the chase is on. Being friends helps a great deal. Men see the women for who they are, no pretense, no gray areas.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:32 AM

267 posts, read 726,728 times
Most of the threads like this are trolls. White men from hate websites pretending to be a black men or black woman. They're all over the internet from city data to youtube. For some reason I don't see my black girl friends. Creating a thread about this subject on city data of all places. You can find successful black men anywhere you can find successful other type of men. Target, Church, Walmart, Barnes & Nobles, Ikea, museums, comedy clubs, Publix, etc.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:11 AM

750 posts, read 2,278,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo2 View Post
Most of the threads like this are trolls. White men from hate websites pretending to be a black men or black woman. They're all over the internet from city data to youtube. For some reason I don't see my black girl friends. Creating a thread about this subject on city data of all places. You can find successful black men anywhere you can find successful other type of men. Target, Church, Walmart, Barnes & Nobles, Ikea, museums, comedy clubs, Publix, etc.

Damnit whitey.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:28 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,524,686 times
A man who has the ability to listen to a woman talk for a long period of time is a very very Dangerous man.

How does she feel about her parents, how does she feel about her friends, how does she feel about her job, how does she feel about her life. In time she will answer these questions with out you even having to ask. All women have boobs and butt which is what many of us guys see first, but some of us guys have the skills to look and listen deeper. What you say can and will be held against you.

To the fellas...stop being simps/sucka and dating drama queens. You have sex with drama queens you don't date them. Some of you dudes here really irritate me with that whole "It aint tricking if you got it" crap yall be on. It does not take money to get women. Its take personality and confidence. Gold Diggers exist because many of us do not have any personality or confidence. They really don't want the money...they want to have a good time. Compliments is a skill, Compassion is a skill, Reassurance is a skill. Master these skills and you will master women.

*The Phantom now vanishes*

Old 04-25-2009, 03:55 PM

445 posts, read 1,072,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post
Yes, you are too picky and most of you ladies WANT TOO MUCH, want want want want want. Living in Atlanta as ANY black man is like being a mouse in a cheese factory with no cats around. Removing panties has never been easier. You gals should change your priorities, look for a good man with family values and not "successful" man. A woman worst enemy is her mouth and the more you talk, the more wolves like me listen. Keep yelling what you want, keeping putting all your cards on the table. This process will not get you a "successful" man, what it will get you is notch on the next man's resume. All that schooling and degrees and some of you broads will never figure it out. You'll walk right pass the good guy to chat it up with Coolyfett. That good guy is just like your father and brothers, but you want a "successful" man. Us Wolves and Snakes are in the clubs and bars waiting. No lie.
Uh..I wouldn't advise any woman, to change/lower her standards. I would instead, suggest, her to perhaps, be more open minded. Lowering standards leads to hot mess.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:57 PM

445 posts, read 1,072,087 times
Quote:
I concur.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:57 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,316,074 times
Quote:
Dating in Atlanta does suck. For one thing Atlanta is waaay too sprawled out. When I go to Georgia State University in the downtown area, the cool women that I meet there all to often commute from places like Winder in Barrow County or from the Northern part of Gwinnett. Then the money situation is another thing.

40-50 years when the dollar was actually strong and women wasn't a major force in the labor market, yeah, a man working a high paying factory job can easily spend big wad of cash on a date and still be in the black. Fast forward to 2009 when you have competition from women which pulls down the salaries, a man is hardpressed to find money for dating.

Yet for whatever reason, some of these females still want to apply that 1950's-60's standard of the man paying everything to right now. Did I mention that back in those traditional times women often cooked a good meal after the movie date? Oh well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta