Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 09:51 AM

5 posts, read 56,833 times

Advertisements

what are the positives and negatives for living in Peachtree city, Ga?

It seems like the best city to live south of Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2007, 10:23 AM

2 posts, read 22,252 times
It depends on what your looking for. "Best City?" not sure about that. Here's my take---I'm from NY, but visit my step-children who live there quite often over the last 8 years & have even recently considered a move down there once:

Pros:
1) Well planned community--golf cart paths everywhere you want to go--very cool concept that I wish existed more places.
2) People seem to be very social, families come together a lot
3) Great place to raise kids--safe, good schools, very family oriented city
4) Beautiful area
5) From all my times visiting, I never had a problem with the traffic, though some people claim it's bad...I think...aside from rush hour normal congestion...it's nothing.
6) oh---this will show that I'm from NY...but wow, baggers at every checkout aisle in the grocery store.

Cons:
1) Even when coming from NY, the real estate market was quite over-priced in my eyes. Taxes are lower, yes, but homes cost a lot more than I thought they would. Go outside of Peachtree City...and homes lower.
2) If your kids aren't active (into sports), by the time they are a teenager, they will be very bored as there is little to do.
3) Restaurants--ok, coming from the NY area, I'm going to be a food snob but really, there is little aside from chain restaurants here.
4) This is a Delta airline community....so the unstableness of what's happening with Delta has done some damage to several businesses I'm told---pilots have taken some pretty severe salary cuts. That might be good for home buying though? People might start selling at more reasonable prices.
5) Beautiful yes, but very boring to me. Atlanta is close, but not close enough. If your looking for simplicity in life though, you can see this as a bonus.
6) I found it to be a little Stepford-wives-ish & didn't think I would be happy there, but to be fair, I didn't spend that much time, so this is an impression.

Old 01-15-2007, 02:10 PM

22 posts, read 131,296 times
look just a little to the west of PTC

Old 01-20-2007, 12:38 PM

14 posts, read 69,044 times
I live and work in PTC and wouldn't live anywhere else.

Pros:
As mentioned above...and
1. Stable home values
2. Best elementary and high schools in the State
3. Since of community that doesn't exist elsewhere
4. Very little or No Crime
5. Government and services like no other area
6. Shopping and resturants a golf cart drive away with more on the way.
7. Yes you can live outside of PTC for less, but you get what you pay for. I live in Fayetteville for 10 years and wish I had moved to PTC sooner.

Cons:
1. Heavy commute to Downtown and Perimeter
2. Only about a handful of non-chain resturants. But the ones that are here are top rated and highly ranked by Atlanta magazine. 1 Italian, 1 French, 1 Seafood.
3. New construction is expensive except for one neighborhood Cedarcroft.
4. We have our very own train that comes through town. You can hear it everywhere.

That's all I can think of at this moment. Many of my new neighbor's move here with plans to leave or relocate in 2-3 year with jobs. And come to find out they never want to leave after living here a few months. In my neighborhood about 20% have moved up on down within the neighborhood...not ever wanting leave. Many husbands commute out of town and return home on the weekends. A sacrifice they happlily make for their families.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:18 AM

5 posts, read 56,833 times
thank you dee19 and ptcmom for your response. I will be visiting ptc in february and so far the only concern is, like always, the commute (TRAFFIC)

I work in the banking industry, are there any local banks in fayette county or is Atlanta the best option. thanks again.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:48 PM

1 posts, read 16,975 times
what are the positive and negative about fayetteville, ga?

Old 02-05-2009, 06:18 PM

165 posts, read 548,566 times
local train? Do you mean a frieght line like CSX or Norfolk Southern?

Any interesting parks and recreation centers?
Are there any businesses for dance, martial arts, or small children parties?

Old 02-05-2009, 07:16 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,370,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crux View Post
local train? Do you mean a frieght line like CSX or Norfolk Southern?
Yes.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:26 AM

101 posts, read 306,938 times
is there a movie theater there? It might not be the best place for young couples huh?

Old 02-06-2009, 06:36 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,370,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne00 View Post
is there a movie theater there? It might not be the best place for young couples huh?
Movies in Fayetteville or Newnan. Supposed to be building new theatre in PTC. Looks like some dirt has shifted at the site, but I can't tell from driving by if they have started to build yet. I don't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta