Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 11:22 AM

71 posts, read 275,279 times

Advertisements

I have been considering a move in the summer... I love Peachtree City.. never been though coming down in the spring though..My hubby loves Fayetteville.. but the area he is looking in seems really really country. I didn't see not one store in the area... all I know is what I see on the internet from blogs and postings that PTC isn't that bad I just need side walks.. hee hee i'm from the suburbs of chicago yah know what I mean. Oh and what does Newnan have to offer? What about medical positions? Is the job market getting a little better yet down there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 01:59 AM

1 posts, read 954 times
The schools out here are real good. Its a priveledge to live in Fayette period. Kedron area is my fav. Peachtree City can be rather boring, but at least its quiet for the most part. You need a car to drive if you want to have fun; depending on your age.but ever since last year, TruPeace Learning Center has been the new highlight of Peachtree city. They are really helping students achieve academically, and also helping kids with social-emotional issues. Its a community center, so I go in on Saturdays, get a cup of coffee, a pastry and read a book. They set up a peaceful place for people to come relax n learn. My grandkids go there. There is also a nice dog park, and a senior center...McIntosh Community Center. Oh, and the Avenue shopping Center is very nice. You can stop by Gigis, or get a massage at Ici Paris. Peachtree city is a nice place to live; thats my view.

Old 01-18-2016, 02:46 PM

34 posts, read 33,390 times
I've been in Atlanta since 2008, and I've never been down there. Is there a commercial center/square down there that resembles a regular downtown?

Old 01-19-2016, 11:13 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,938,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBrown77 View Post
I've been in Atlanta since 2008, and I've never been down there. Is there a commercial center/square down there that resembles a regular downtown?
In Peachtree City? No.

Fayetteville and Newnan both have traditional town squares.

Old 01-22-2016, 10:58 AM

3 posts, read 3,632 times
Hi, I am looking at moving to the southside (PTC, Fayetteville, Newnan, Tyrone) as well this summer. I have driven around PTC and Fayetteville. I have a budget of 350-400K, and wasn't too impressed with the houses/neighborhoods in this budget. Some parts of PTC seem kind of run down. The nicer neighborhoods seem to be outside our price range.

I have 3 kids under the age of 7. What neighborhoods do kids play OUTSIDE? Please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Old 01-22-2016, 11:59 AM

761 posts, read 908,503 times
tennfly2, it is hard to find a nice house in Peachtree City for 350-400K, but it can be done. Take a look at Woodcreek/Jefferson Woods/The Preserve. These 3 neighborhoods are all part of the same HOA and are connected to the PTC golf cart paths. The Preserve is inside the city limits and Woodcreek and Jefferson Woods are just right outside the city limits. Homes in Woodcreek go from 375-500K and Jefferson Woods and The Preserve go from 300-400K. These neighborhoods are zoned to Peeples Elementary, Rising Starr Middle, and Starr's Mill High which are some of the best schools in the state and have tons of kids. The Woodcreek summer swim team has about 90 kids.

Also the Pinegate neighborhood, Centennial, and Cedarcroft may have homes in your price range. These neighborhoods also have a lot of young families with kids.

Woodcreek

https://www.facebook.com/CentennialSubDivision

You could also look at the Northgate area of Sharpsburg. It's about 10-15 minutes from PTC, but has newer homes for lower prices, but PTC definitely offers more with the golf cart paths, amenities, and excellent schools.

265 Stonehaven Dr, Fayetteville, GA 30215 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com® (409K, Woodcreek)

324 Revolution Dr, Peachtree City, GA 30269 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com® (389K, Centennial)

303 Evesham Ave, Peachtree City, GA 30269 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com® (388K, Cedarcroft)

156 Cloister Dr, Peachtree City, GA 30269 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®
(375K)

624 Magnolia Ln, Peachtree City, GA 30269 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com® (370K)

420 Holly Grove Church Rd, Peachtree City, GA 30269 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com® (348K, The Preserve)

Last edited by PTC Dad; 01-22-2016 at 12:10 PM..

Old 01-23-2016, 06:41 AM

3 posts, read 3,632 times
Thanks, PTCdad. I'll look into those neighborhoods. I'd take a less than perfect house for a neighborhood with a bunch of little kids that play outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta