Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2022, 01:34 AM

10,396 posts, read 11,518,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticiam View Post
We are looking at a home in Suwanee(Forsyth). It is in Turnberry community.
Schools are excellent.
If found these amenities

Club House
Gated
Playground
Sidewalk
Street Lights
Junior Olympic Swimming Pool
2 Tennis Courts Lighted and Pavilion
Tot Lot
Outdoor Patio with Fireplace

This community was not mentioned in B2R's active swim/tennis communities.
I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this community. Do you have any opinions/experiences with this community?
Is this a good Swim/Tennis Community?

Thanks
YES!!!

A gated swim/tennis community in the Lambert cluster within just about a half-mile of Sharon Elementary School and Lambert High School.

Turnberry is an excellent option to consider, just simply because it is located in the Lambert cluster just a relatively very short distance from Lambert High School in the Forsyth County Schools system.

Lambert HS and the cluster of schools it anchors are some of the most highly regarded public schools in the entire Southeastern U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2022, 09:57 AM

1,145 posts, read 4,215,542 times
My wife's former co-worker bought a house there and seemed to be happy. It definitely has nice homes and amenities. And top schools.

My only concern is lack of proximity to the live/work/play developments and city downtown areas that upper middle class people tend to enjoy. For example, Halcyon and downtown Suwanee are over 7 miles away.

Also, if you fly often, it's reallllly far from the airport.

Old 06-15-2022, 12:54 PM

1,376 posts, read 931,836 times
Yes, I was looking at a house there for around $850k back in 2018/2019 but decided to go with a new construction in Gwinnett instead. It's a great location with good schools. According to Zillow, the house I was thinking about is now worth $1.3 million.

Old 06-16-2022, 04:36 PM

338 posts, read 300,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenardL View Post
Yes, I was looking at a house there for around $850k back in 2018/2019 but decided to go with a new construction in Gwinnett instead. It's a great location with good schools. According to Zillow, the house I was thinking about is now worth $1.3 million.
Yes the prices have gone up quite a bit in the past few years.
Five years ago housing prices in Atlanta suburbs were equal or less than MN suburbs. Now Atlanta northern suburbs are quite a bit more expensive.

Which community in Gwinnett did you end up buying? Do you like it?

Old 06-16-2022, 04:54 PM

25,812 posts, read 12,859,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Blue 99 View Post
My wife's former co-worker bought a house there and seemed to be happy. It definitely has nice homes and amenities. And top schools.

My only concern is lack of proximity to the live/work/play developments and city downtown areas that upper middle class people tend to enjoy. For example, Halcyon and downtown Suwanee are over 7 miles away.

Also, if you fly often, it's reallllly far from the airport.
Turnberry is lose to The Collection at Forsyth, Halcyon, and Avalon, and all 3 are very nice to dine, shop, and live in or close by.

The closer you live to the airport, the higher the crime, so rejoice Turnberry isnt close to ATL.

Old 06-16-2022, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Yes the prices have gone up quite a bit in the past few years.
Five years ago housing prices in Atlanta suburbs were equal or less than MN suburbs. Now Atlanta northern suburbs are quite a bit more expensive.

Which community in Gwinnett did you end up buying? Do you like it?
I don't want to really reveal where I live but it is in Suwanee and I do like it very much. The new construction has also seen an increase of 30-40% from what I paid on closing.

Old 06-17-2022, 09:27 AM

25,812 posts, read 12,859,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenardL View Post
I don't want to really reveal where I live but it is in Suwanee and I do like it very much. The new construction has also seen an increase of 30-40% from what I paid on closing.
I lived in Suwanee too, but the traffic & the property taxes got out of control, so I split. It was great for most of the time (~14 yrs) we were there. The county parks were overcrowded, & not many high quality restaurant choices on the Gwinnett side, but besides those drawbacks, it was pretty darned nice.

I don't miss the traffic along Suwanee Dam, PIB, or state road 20 though...or those $9,000 tax bills.

I feel like we got out while the gett'n was good. We still have family & friends there though

Old 06-17-2022, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I lived in Suwanee too, but the traffic & the property taxes got out of control, so I split. It was great for most of the time (~14 yrs) we were there. The county parks were overcrowded, & not many high quality restaurant choices on the Gwinnett side, but besides those drawbacks, it was pretty darned nice.

I don't miss the traffic along Suwanee Dam, PIB, or state road 20 though...or those $9,000 tax bills.

I feel like we got out while the gett'n was good. We still have family & friends there though
I have no issues with the traffic for the most part. PIB I don't really ever really face any traffic, I go on Moore road so I don't really deal with Suwanee Dam. There is a lot of traffic on Cumming Highway though towards the Mall of Georgia. I love ethnic food (Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese, Indian, Mexican) so this area and Duluth are probably the best spots for it along with Buford Highway.

Old 08-23-2022, 10:11 AM

338 posts, read 300,883 times
Default Ellis Marietta Feedback

Has anyone heard about this community?

https://www.ellismarietta.com/

They say that it is an elite Swim Tennis community but I want to hear from others.

The schools are not Walton/Pope/Lassiter but Hillgrove High School.
Any feedback on Hillgrove High School and Loving Good Middle School?

Is it even considered East Cobb?
How is the access to shopping and parks?

Is driving from here to Alpharetta practical if one were to drive during off-peak hours?
will it still be an hour plus one way?

Old 08-23-2022, 02:01 PM

16,711 posts, read 29,555,716 times
Quote:
Has anyone heard about this community?

https://www.ellismarietta.com/

They say that it is an elite Swim Tennis community but I want to hear from others.

The schools are not Walton/Pope/Lassiter but Hillgrove High School.
Any feedback on Hillgrove High School and Loving Good Middle School?

Is it even considered East Cobb?
How is the access to shopping and parks?

Is driving from here to Alpharetta practical if one were to drive during off-peak hours?
will it still be an hour plus one way?
That area is known as West Cobb. Inner West Cobb.

A good school cluster. Cheatham Hill Elem, Lovinggood Middle, and Hillgrove High are good schools. Strong community support and interest for the schools.

Superb access to shopping and parks. Like, omg…one of the best locations. Barrett Parkway, Avenue West Cobb, Kennesaw Mountain, Marietta Square, etc.

Commute to Alpharetta: not good. It could maybe work during off-peak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta