Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2023, 11:40 AM

338 posts, read 300,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 View Post
Good luck on the home hunt! We looked for about two months, and now have settled on an almost completed home in Milton. Inventory is terrible!
I am envious of your quick search. We have been looking since last February. Last year was tough due to high prices and low inventory. Moving this year worked better for us.
I did not expect inventory to be so low.

We wake up every day and look for homes. Go to bed late looking for homes.
If and when we do find a home I will have plenty of time to take on new hobbies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2023, 06:33 AM

Default Feedback on Chattahoochee River Club

This Chattahoochee River Club community is in my B2R approved list of communities.
We recently looked at a few homes in Laurel Springs. Even though we did not like the homes we love the community. It is our first choice.
We are considering a home in White Columns, Milton as well.

My wife found a home in Chattahoochee River Club. The home is nice. It has plenty of land to create an outdoor oasis. This is significantly less expensive. High School is South Forsyth.

While considering homes between 1-2-1.5 million a home priced in low $800's seems too good to be true.

What are the issues/pros/cons with living in Chattahoochee River Club Community?
I found the community HOA website and it does seem to have plenty of amenities.

Thanks

Old 04-15-2023, 09:28 AM

10,396 posts, read 11,508,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticiam View Post
This Chattahoochee River Club community is in my B2R approved list of communities.
We recently looked at a few homes in Laurel Springs. Even though we did not like the homes we love the community. It is our first choice.

My wife found a home in Chattahoochee River Club. The home is nice. It has plenty of land to create an outdoor oasis. This is significantly less expensive. High School is South Forsyth.

While considering homes between 1-2-1.5 million a home priced in low $800's seems too good to be true.

What are the issues/pros/cons with living in Chattahoochee River Club Community?

Thanks
There doesn’t seem to be any truly adverse issues with the community in question.

And there doesn’t seem to be any truly adverse or negative reasons why a home might be priced as high as $1.5 million elsewhere in the North Fulton/South Forsyth area may be priced low as the low $800’s in the CRC/Chattahoochee River Club community.

It just looks like home prices may be relatively lower in the area in question than in some other North Fulton/South Forsyth areas because of the CRC/Chattahoochee River Club community’s relatively farther-removed geographical location in relation to the most commercially developed part of the region along the Georgia 400 corridor through the Alpharetta area.

Even with its relatively lower home prices, there still appears to be very much interest from homebuyers in the CRC/Chattahoochee River Club community, as evidenced by both the high number of real estate transactions in the CRC community and the explosively growing Asian population in the area.

Over the past 6+ months, there have been at least 15 home transactions in the CRC community, with 11 home sales being finalized, 3 home sales pending, and one home shown as being under contract at the beginning of the month.

https://www.crchoa.com/admin/documen...GVK9xvCN9jBKnw

The explosively fast-growing Asian population in the area also appears to demonstrate that the CRC community is a highly attractive relocation destination for newcomers.

Asians currently make up about 29% of the student population at Haw Creek Elementary School (the elementary school that serves the CRC community), and Asians currently make up about 41% of the student population at Lakeside Middle School (the middle school that serves the CRC community).

Outside of being relatively somewhat farther-removed from the booming GA-400 corridor through the Alpharetta area, the only other thing that I can think of as to why the home prices may be relatively lower in the CRC community than in other parts of the North Fulton/South Forsyth area is “white flight.”

As the Asian population has exploded throughout South Forsyth County over the last several years, there have been reports of white residents and families fleeing the area to move away from exploding Asian and Hispanic populations in a jurisdiction in Forsyth County where non-Hispanic whites made up more than 90% of the population at the turn of the Millennium.

The most reports of “white flight” appear to be coming from neighborhoods in the South Forsyth HS, Lambert HS, Denmark HS and Forsyth Central HS clusters.

I obviously don’t know for absolute certain, but given the credible reports of “white flight” as the Asian and Hispanic populations have exploded throughout the aforementioned parts of South Forsyth County over the last decade or so, it does seem that the issue of “white flight” potentially could be a factor in the relatively lower home prices in the CRC community.

Old 04-15-2023, 11:59 AM

217 posts, read 218,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticiam View Post

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
There doesn’t seem to be any truly adverse issues with the community in question.

And there doesn’t seem to be any truly adverse or negative reasons why a home might be priced as high as $1.5 million elsewhere in the North Fulton/South Forsyth area may be priced low as the low $800’s in the CRC/Chattahoochee River Club community.

It just looks like home prices may be relatively lower in the area in question than in some other North Fulton/South Forsyth areas because of the CRC/Chattahoochee River Club community’s relatively farther-removed geographical location in relation to the most commercially developed part of the region along the Georgia 400 corridor through the Alpharetta area.

Even with its relatively lower home prices, there still appears to be very much interest from homebuyers in the CRC/Chattahoochee River Club community, as evidenced by both the high number of real estate transactions in the CRC community and the explosively growing Asian population in the area.

Over the past 6+ months, there have been at least 15 home transactions in the CRC community, with 11 home sales being finalized, 3 home sales pending, and one home shown as being under contract at the beginning of the month.

https://www.crchoa.com/admin/documen...GVK9xvCN9jBKnw

The explosively fast-growing Asian population in the area also appears to demonstrate that the CRC community is a highly attractive relocation destination for newcomers.

Asians currently make up about 29% of the student population at Haw Creek Elementary School (the elementary school that serves the CRC community), and Asians currently make up about 41% of the student population at Lakeside Middle School (the middle school that serves the CRC community).

Outside of being relatively somewhat farther-removed from the booming GA-400 corridor through the Alpharetta area, the only other thing that I can think of as to why the home prices may be relatively lower in the CRC community than in other parts of the North Fulton/South Forsyth area is “white flight.”

As the Asian population has exploded throughout South Forsyth County over the last several years, there have been reports of white residents and families fleeing the area to move away from exploding Asian and Hispanic populations in a jurisdiction in Forsyth County where non-Hispanic whites made up more than 90% of the population at the turn of the Millennium.

The most reports of “white flight” appear to be coming from neighborhoods in the South Forsyth HS, Lambert HS, Denmark HS and Forsyth Central HS clusters.

I obviously don’t know for absolute certain, but given the credible reports of “white flight” as the Asian and Hispanic populations have exploded throughout the aforementioned parts of South Forsyth County over the last decade or so, it does seem that the issue of “white flight” potentially could be a factor in the relatively lower home prices in the CRC community.
I will echo what Born 2 Roll wrote about Chattahoochee River Club in particular and South Forsyth County more generally.

The primary reason for Chattahoochee River Club's lower home values, as Born 2 Roll noted, is its location. It's kind of isolated from... almost everything (though this is slowly becoming less true). It's not particularly close to very many stores, restaurants, and so on. Residents of Chattahoochee River Club often must patronize businesses along Market Place Boulevard; getting there involves a 15 minute drive on State Road 20 with regular heavy traffic. Alpharetta, with its plentiful jobs and amenities, is about 30 minutes away on a typical day. Sugar Hill -- the nearest "Downtown" area to Chattahoochee River Club -- is 15 minutes away and across the Chattahoochee River (crossing the river often involves sitting in traffic).

As for the "white flight" Born 2 Roll describes in this area... I don't think that's exactly what's happening, but that's not entirely incorrect either. I think "white walk" might be a better way to put it, maybe. As everyone knows, people move around every now and then -- I think the average tenure in an owned residence in Metro Atlanta is about 10 years; put another way, homeowning households in Metro Atlanta move on average once every decade, if not more frequently than that. What's happening, from what I can tell, is that White households in South Forsyth have continued to move out at a normal rate, but they are mostly not being replaced by other White households (approximately 3 in 4 households -- 75% -- moving to South Forsyth are Asian). In other words... there are far fewer White households seeking out homes in South Forsyth now than there were a decade ago, for a variety of reasons. I wouldn't say this is quite the same as what's going on in places such as Henry County, Rockdale County, Douglas County, and much of Gwinnett County, where White households have started moving out at an accelerated rate.

Old 04-16-2023, 06:05 AM

4 posts, read 3,429 times
In your opinion, do you think the Asian population, which is most heavily represented in central and south Forsyth, continue to expand and move to the north and east ends of the county?

Old 04-16-2023, 06:49 AM

217 posts, read 218,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pba03 View Post
In your opinion, do you think the Asian population, which is most heavily represented in central and south Forsyth, continue to expand and move to the north and east ends of the county?
pba03,

You have already asked this question, and I have already answered, on a thread from 6 weeks ago. So as not to steer this thread about the Chattahoochee River Club neighborhood entirely off topic, please refer to that thread for my insights.

Old 05-15-2023, 03:30 PM

Default Moving to North Atlanta next month and have many questions

Our current home in MN is under contract to sell by June 23.
We will be moving to North Atlanta around the same time.

We are still looking for homes but I am planning for the scenario where we have to move to Atlanta without a home.

We plan to keep all of our stuff in temporary storage. Our moving company offers this option.

Our target cities are Alpharetta, Milton, Cumming, Johns Creek, and Duluth.

There are 4 of us and a chocolate lab.

I found AMLI in Alpharetta and they seem to offer short-term rentals. Looking for other similar options.
Our hope is that being in Atlanta will make it easier to check out homes and buy them.

Are you aware of any other short-term rentals in these cities? We prefer furnished places but may be able to work with places that don't have furniture. We are still hoping that we can purchase the home before the school year starts.

Are there school registration deadlines we need to be aware of to make sure our kids can attend school when it starts?

I am not sure how many short-term rentals we will find that will allow a dog.
I plan to explore Airbnb as well.

We are debating two options:
1. Get any short-term rental we can get to be in Atlanta and hope that we can find a home before the school year starts.
2. Get a short-term rental in the city where we want to attend the schools. For example, we like Lambert High School so we should rent in an area that is zoned to Lambert. Will schools even accept kids if we are living in a short-term rental in the appropriate zone for that school?

Option 2 is our preferred option because even if it takes us a few months to move into our future home our kids will attend our preferred school. I do understand that we will have to find a home in the same zone to prevent school change.

The only concern I have about Option 2 is our ability to find a short-term rental in our preferred school zone.

Are there any other options we should consider?

I am hoping some of you were in a similar situation and we can learn from your experience.

Thanks

Old 05-15-2023, 04:37 PM

Default Feedback about a Johns Creek Home

We like the interior of this home.
Schools and the community are good as well.
However, it seems close to medlock bridge road.
How much road noise should we expect inside this home?
Concern about the potential road noise is giving us a pause.
We may not be the only ones worried about it because the price just dropped and many homes in this community sell quickly.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/309-W-C...14659350_zpid/

Old 05-15-2023, 10:21 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,803,640 times
Why not ask them if could stay there for an afternoon (or during the evening) to see what the sound is like?

Old 05-15-2023, 11:04 PM

690 posts, read 641,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Why not ask them if could stay there for an afternoon (or during the evening) to see what the sound is like?
I agree with this. I've done this in the past. Your realtor may need to be with you throughout the observation period. Listen from various points in the home with the windows closed and open and, if possible, with the heating/AC off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta