Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2023, 11:25 AM

25,746 posts, read 12,832,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
Buying or leasing a large house boat is a good out-of-the-box solution.

But seeing as though the OP appears to really want and has expressed a very strong desire to live in an area of the highest-rated public schools, it is not known if the OP might would fully like the ratings, quality and/or local cultures of the school clusters (Lanier HS, Forsyth Central HS, East Forsyth HS, Dawson County HS, Lumpkin County HS, Chestatee HS, North Hall HS, Gainesville HS, West Hall HS and Flowery Branch HS) that serve the shoreline area around Lake Lanier.
Buford has great schools, I wonder if their boundary lines includes any of Lake Lanier?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2023, 12:40 PM

1,376 posts, read 929,766 times
I remember when 1.6 million could get you a 10,000 square foot house in The River Club in Suwanee. What about a house like this? https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...60395556_zpid/ It's in the Forsyth side of Suwanee and I believe Lambert High School which is around 41% Asian: https://www.usnews.com/education/bes...gh-school-5906

Old 05-19-2023, 12:14 AM

10,396 posts, read 11,508,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenardL View Post
I remember when 1.6 million could get you a 10,000 square foot house in The River Club in Suwanee. What about a house like this? https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...60395556_zpid/ It's in the Forsyth side of Suwanee and I believe Lambert High School which is around 41% Asian: https://www.usnews.com/education/bes...gh-school-5906
According to the Georgia Department of Education, with there being 1,432 Asians out of 2,999 total students at Lambert High School, Asians made up just under 48% of the student population of Lambert High School as of the 2nd of March 2023.

And with there being 1,175 white students who made up just over 39% of the total student population at Lambert High School, racial and ethnic minority students as a whole made up almost 61% of the total student population at Lambert High School as of the 2nd of March 2023.

If the OP and his family really highly desires to live in the Lambert High School cluster, the OP very likely should be taking a very close at the listing that ShenardL posted a link to which appears to be a good find for an area with as highly competitive of a housing market as the Lambert High School cluster.

Old 05-19-2023, 01:50 AM

10,396 posts, read 11,508,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Buford has great schools, I wonder if their boundary lines includes any of Lake Lanier?
Unfortunately, the boundary lines of both the City of Buford proper and the Buford City Schools district do not appear to include any of Lake Lanier at this time.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bu...vMHJ3eDQ?hl=en

Old 05-19-2023, 11:03 AM

338 posts, read 300,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenardL View Post

Thanks for sharing. This looks good to me. I will connect with the builder ASAP.

Old 05-19-2023, 03:26 PM

10 posts, read 6,608 times
Are you me OP? I posted on here last month with the exact criteria as you except I have 2 dogs and a cat. This last MN winter broke my family. We are making our first trip to Atlanta next week. Good luck and I'll be interested to hear how your experience is going.

Old 05-19-2023, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjohnson763 View Post
Are you me OP? I posted on here last month with the exact criteria as you except I have 2 dogs and a cat. This last MN winter broke my family. We are making our first trip to Atlanta next week. Good luck and I'll be interested to hear how your experience is going.
Yes, I saw your initial message last month.
No one regrets moving from a colder climate to a warmer place.
A parent and pawrent have to put in snow boots, jackets, hat,s and gloves whenever they go out in winter.
I have snow tires for two of my cars. Driving in snow and ice. I am looking forward to not having to any of this again. If we want to go skiing we can do it and not back home. We don't have to put with snow for 6 months.

Old 05-20-2023, 07:44 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,813,763 times
I am glad that my children spent much of their early lives in Minnesota. Yes, it took a lot to get them bundled and unbundled, sometimes several times a day. But, they got to play in the snow, building snowmen and forts, making snow angels, having snowball fights and then warming up inside with hot cocoa. By the time they were three, they could ski and ice-skate.

As an adult, I'm happy to be out of the extreme cold and snow.

Old 05-20-2023, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyrn View Post
I am glad that my children spent much of their early lives in Minnesota. Yes, it took a lot to get them bundled and unbundled, sometimes several times a day. But, they got to play in the snow, building snowmen and forts, making snow angels, having snowball fights and then warming up inside with hot cocoa. By the time they were three, they could ski and ice-skate.

As an adult, I'm happy to be out of the extreme cold and snow.
My kids are 11 and 13 and they are excellent skiers.
I still plan to take them skiing every winter.
MN is a wonderful place to raise a family. We enjoyed excellent schools, park systems, healthcare and jobs. The weather was the only thing we did not like.

Old 05-21-2023, 10:18 AM

Default Finally found a home in north atlanta

It took way longer than we had expected but we finally have a home in North Atlanta.
We are moving from MN. Yesterday we made an offer on a home in Cumming and it was accepted.

We wanted academically strong diverse schools, a modern interior, an outdoor oasis, and a good community.
Over time we came to realize this was not possible in the current housing market.
So we prioritized and broadened our search options.

We are buying a home in South Forsyth High School. We are happy that our kids will attend this school.
We found a home with a large lot size with a saltwater heated pool, a fire pit, lots of trees, and a big yard.
The home's interior is somewhat modern but will require updates.

We gave up the need for an active swim-tennis community. We would have loved to live in Laurel Springs, Windermere, Edinburg, or Three Chimneys. We saw 4-5 homes in Laurel Springs but they were old, dated, and had no yard.

The home is located in a community that has large 1-2 acre lot sizes but there are no shared amenities.
Our kids will participate in sports and other activities at school so we are hopeful that they will make friends.

Now that 15 months of home search is over we are switching to planning the move. We already had movers lined up. They were ready to move us to Atlanta or Dallas.
We will move in the week of June 25.

It was very difficult to buy a home in Atlanta. I would have easily given up and moved to another state were it not for your wealth of knowledge and willingness to help us.

I cannot thank the members of this forum enough for answering the numerous questions we had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta