Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2022, 12:37 PM

22 posts, read 19,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post
I think putting in a pool costs 4X what you mentioned.

But either way, living in a swim/tennis community, I can tell you it’s an awesome way to meet and hang out with neighbors
WOW! I guess things have changed in the 14 yrs since I put in a pool I did a 20K gallon with paverdeck and a large poolcage for $35K, and that was considered on the higher end. then again here in FL prices might be slightly lower as there is an abundance of pool contractors... something I will have to keep in mind as I look for my house in the Atlanta area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2022, 12:54 PM

I was looking at Dan Ryan Builders... they look like alot of home for the price, but haven't seen one in person. but they aren't building in the areas we are looking which is north counties suburbs. and Dan Ryan and their subsidiary Knight builders are mostly West and South.

new construction in the north between $400 and $600 is for sure not as strong as it is in West and South... we can afford $900K, I have a mental block that even tells me $500K and up is what rich people pay for houses. LOL

Old 02-10-2022, 02:01 PM

338 posts, read 301,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
What is your target area?
Good question. I should have posted target areas.

Alpharetta
Johns Creek
Milton
Sawanee
Cumming
Marietta/East Cobb

We have remote jobs. we are looking in any city with excellent public schools.
We don't want to be too far out of the city.

We found this list of schools and will be happy with homes near most of the schools.
https://www.usnews.com/education/bes...lanta-ga-12060

Old 02-10-2022, 02:04 PM

338 posts, read 301,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
I live in a swim/tennis community in South Forsyth during the summer the pool is where almost all the kids hang out, & for the winter I have membership at Lifetime fitness which is a upscale fitness club which has both a indoor & outdoor pool.

https://www.lifetime.life/life-time-...ek.html#spaces
We are looking into South Forsynth as well. Lifetime fitness has its head quarters in MN.
We are Lifetime fitness members already.

Old 02-11-2022, 07:00 AM

All the lifetimes are on the northside... that is one of the main reasons I am looking in that area.

Old 02-11-2022, 08:24 AM

10,396 posts, read 11,521,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thtguyuknw View Post
All the lifetimes are on the northside... that is one of the main reasons I am looking in that area.
All of metro Atlanta’s Lifetime Fitness locations are on the Northside because the majority of people with the highest incomes most of the upscale development is located on the Northside of the greater Atlanta region.

There’s much wealth and affluence on the Southside, including in areas like Fayette County and in various pockets of Henry, Coweta, South Fulton (including Southwest Atlanta) and Clayton counties.

But the size, scale and scope of the area of wealth and affluence on the Southside unfortunately does not seem to compare to the size, scale and scope of the area of wealth and affluence on the Northside, which stretches through significant swaths of Paulding, Cobb, Cherokee, Dawson, Forsyth, North Fulton (including Buckhead, Sandy Springs and Alpharetta/Roswell/Milton/Johns Creek), North DeKalb, Gwinnett, Hall, Jackson, Barrow, Oconee and Clarke counties.

In addition to being the site of all of the roughly 8 Lifetime Fitness locations in the state of Georgia, the Northside of the greater Atlanta region is also home to all 6 of the Trader Joe’s locations, all 11 of the Whole Foods locations, and 16 of the 18 Sprouts Farmers Market locations in the state of Georgia.

The Northside also features 6 locations (7 if Athens is included) of an upscale grocery retailer like The Fresh Market (which has 8 total locations in the greater Atlanta region and 12 total locations overall in the state of Georgia).

The Northside also features 10 locations (out of about 12 total locations in metro Atlanta and 15 total locations in the state of Georgia overall) of a wholesale big-box retailer like Costco that appeals very heavily to affluent shoppers.

The overwhelming amount of the upscale amenities one will find in the greater Atlanta region will by far be located on the Northside.

Old 02-13-2022, 04:25 AM

454 posts, read 821,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thtguyuknw View Post
WOW! I guess things have changed in the 14 yrs since I put in a pool I did a 20K gallon with paverdeck and a large poolcage for $35K, and that was considered on the higher end. then again here in FL prices might be slightly lower as there is an abundance of pool contractors... something I will have to keep in mind as I look for my house in the Atlanta area.
We just put in a pool cost just over 100k when all done in a 60's ranch, guessing with water, insurance, maintenance etc it will cost an extra 3k to 5k a year to run. Most installers have a year or more wait list and many are so busy they will not even come and do a quote. Neighbors have averaged about $75k-$100k for something decent. In my area lots of people putting in pools as many now intend to stay here forever and work from home. Buyer demographic in many Atlanta areas is different than even 10 years ago. Many people want individual pools and nice private outdoor areas too chill out in.

Old 02-14-2022, 08:54 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,614,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpatlanta View Post
We just put in a pool cost just over 100k when all done in a 60's ranch, guessing with water, insurance, maintenance etc it will cost an extra 3k to 5k a year to run. Most installers have a year or more wait list and many are so busy they will not even come and do a quote. Neighbors have averaged about $75k-$100k for something decent. In my area lots of people putting in pools as many now intend to stay here forever and work from home. Buyer demographic in many Atlanta areas is different than even 10 years ago. Many people want individual pools and nice private outdoor areas too chill out in.
I bought a jacuzzi before the pandemic, & had an issue which required the replacement. Took almost 8 months for the tub to be replaced because of demand, the store is 9 to 12 months out on orders as of today. The same with landscapers & deck installers, I'm having my deck rebuilt & the contractor is hoping to get it done by July.

Old 02-15-2022, 01:27 PM

1,145 posts, read 4,215,542 times
Our previous home was from Ashton Woods, and our current one is Providence Group. Overall, both are good builders and we haven't had any issues so far. Just a personal preference- I liked the floorplans from Providence Group better.

Toll Brothers seems to be the big builder now. My agent friend just sold a home in this community in East Cobb.

https://www.tollbrothers.com/luxury-.../Edgewood-East

Old 02-16-2022, 03:30 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,401,104 times
$25-$30k? That is going to be a very small pool. We built a 12x24 (1' - 6' deep) pool three years ago. With all of the equipment it ran us about $50k. I suppose you could do without a heater, pool cleaner and the like in order to save some money, but you would not enjoy your pool as much (particularly the heater).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta