Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 10:15 AM

17 posts, read 20,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilove View Post
Are you doing all your homework over the internet? Have you actually visited these areas? Based on your initial requirements, I can't imagine Lindbergh being a good fit at all.

I think you are getting distracted - I would stick with the initial recommendations of Cumberland/Vinings or Sandy Springs/Perimeter Mall

Yes, Midtown is a nice area and very walkable (Lindbergh is not) but honestly based on your original post, the other recommendations are a better fit.

Yes after visiting some of locations I feel the Perimeter Mall area is best for us.

I am looking at the following options

1. AMLI at Perimeter Place
2. Post Crossing
3. London
4. Cameron Dunwoody

I would appreciate some feedback about these apartments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 01:04 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,821,796 times

Old 03-26-2014, 01:14 PM

17 posts, read 20,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyshree View Post
Yes after visiting some of locations I feel the Perimeter Mall area is best for us.

I am looking at the following options

1. AMLI at Perimeter Place
2. Post Crossing
3. London
4. Cameron Dunwoody

I would appreciate some feedback about these apartments.
Has anyone or any of their friends stayed in any of the above apartments in Dunwoody?
I would love to get some suggestions about them.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:08 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,777,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyshree View Post
We are an asian couple in our thirties and relocating to Atlanta from Nashville, TN. Hubby will be working in the Riveredge Pkwy NW, Atlanta, GA 30328
I first moved to Vinings and rented there and loved it. Then we eventually bought a condo in Smyrna, and loved it, then moved up to a larger place in Smyrna when we had our first kid. I'm a new urbanist and not easy to please.

I don't see much of a difference between Cumberland and the Perimeter in terms of walk-ability. Both are car-centric for now, with small walkable oasis'. However, the Cumberland/Vinings/Smyrna area has bicycle trails galore, which are even more convenient than walking. So, if I were to pick between the two, I'd pick Vinings because it's closer to where you work. It just makes sense. Have you looked at the center of Vinings yet? Have you checked out Market Village in Smyrna?

Vinings and Cumberland is a very popular area to rent, and very diverse. It's also transforming quickly and going from a bedroom and office community to a destination. There are a decent number of Asians in the area as well. Not an overwhelming number, but maybe around 10%.

Cumberland is a work in progress and except off Powers Ferry typically had almost zero apartments. However, mixed-use is under development in a few places throughout Cumberland. There will be a lot more walkability over the next five years due to new mixed-use developments springing up including the Atlanta Braves' development and a couple currently under construction. The pedestrian bridge from the Galleria to the Braves development will tie things together better.

Smyrna is doing a lot for walk-ability and sustainability and a City Council that stresses it. But most rentals are private in Smyrna, and the walkable areas are typically townhomes, with of course only some for private rental. Makes it tough. Most apartments have been torn down and the residents fight new ones because of having to foot the bill to tear older ones down. If you can find a private rental, and it shouldn't be too hard and may be a better experience than a commercial rental, then Smyrna has a lot of bicycle trails all over the city. Makes walking obsolete :-) But there are walkable areas too, like Market Village.

Last edited by netdragon; 03-27-2014 at 09:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta