Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 10:58 AM

45 posts, read 202,174 times

Advertisements

Just wondering what makes it so wonderful? I am thinking of moving there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 11:39 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,253,302 times
Golf carts?

Old 10-30-2007, 11:45 AM

985 posts, read 5,757,323 times
Suwanee is rated No. 10 this year by CNN Money magazine. Peachtree city dropped out the top 10 after being on that ranking a couple of times. Also, Kennesaw is rated top 10 in another magazine this year. IMO, those rankings mean very little. It is best to find a home close to work in Atlanta area since traffic here is horriable.

Peachtree city is known for its golf cart and home of delta employees. It is good location if you work at airport or downtown. Not so good if you work anything north of downtown atlanta.

Last edited by jxu66; 10-30-2007 at 12:42 PM..

Old 10-30-2007, 12:39 PM

642 posts, read 2,218,809 times
Very good schools, nice homes and communities, good recreational outlets for some reasons.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:38 AM

4 posts, read 20,859 times
Thumbs up I moved to PTC

I moved to Peachtree City 5 years ago after deciding that I'd had enough of Florida. Friend told me about PTC - and I reluctantly visited (Georgia wasn't on the list of places I was considering originally). After visiting all over the Atlanta Metro, decided my friend was right - WOW....very happy. Even bought a golf cart to go to the stores & restaurants & just run around town on..... about 90 miles of paths. EZ to go into ATL for a night out then come home to quieter atmosphere. Very clean & peaceful, but probably not for everyone. Very friendly place & first place I've lived that I actually know my neighbors. Have had 3 clients this year relocate from N. Atlanta. Guess they were tired of the traffic congestion.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:37 PM

137 posts, read 739,295 times
The reasons are countless, but here are some of the ones that are important to us:
*low crime rate
*lots of recreation
*lots of green space
*lakes (although a bit small)
*excellent schools
*careful detail to the way businesses advertise (signs are limited and have many restrictions)
*golf cart paths that everyone uses (they connect everything in the town)
*people from all over the world (few people are actually from here)
*upperscale shopping
*beautful landscaping dividing the streets
*friendly people

Hope this helps!

Old 11-05-2007, 07:23 PM

201 posts, read 1,070,543 times
Where is the upperscale shopping? The Avenue? I don't necessarily call that upscale shopping -- they are typical mall stores in a nice outdoor setting. Is there more?

Old 11-19-2007, 04:55 PM

21 posts, read 161,061 times
Peachtree city has A) excellent schools and B) excellent quality of life.

Having said that, though, PTC is just about "built out" according to it's 50-year-old master plan (one of the first cities ever built "from scratch" via master urban planning).

The evil developers have installed a mayor who is trying to get a major thru-road built on the eastern side of town. This through-road will mean a nightmare of congestion for Peachtree City, because the developers plan to build an unregulated boomtown of cheap tract houses and stripmalls just over the river in nearby Coweta county.

The increase in traffic will destroy the quality of life in Peachtree city.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:54 AM

45 posts, read 202,174 times
you can actually ride a golf carts around? Is there easy access to the highway to get to the city? how far to stockbridge....my husband is going to work there and we are desperatley trying to find a nice area. we have looked everywhere but not peachtree city yet. Are there newer brick home subdivisions there around 500k

Old 11-25-2007, 12:25 PM

1,576 posts, read 6,348,303 times
The "rankings" can be pretty arbitrary and I think it is impossible to quantify everything into a formula that says that Suwannee is a better place to live than Peachtree City, etc. I think generally that those "rankings" look to good, affordable cities and then say, "OK, what is a nice suburban neighborhood in that city?"

PTC is a pleasant, affordable, low-crime neighborhood that I would never live in. The reason: it is in the Atlanta exurbs and I commute into downtown for work. I despise traffic and the No. 1 priority to me when I moved to Atlanta was to find a neighborhood with a good family vibe that was not far from the city. I ended up choosing Decatur, which suits my needs perfectly (but never makes it into any "rankings" of best neighborhoods, near as I can tell). For some people, however, PTC is a great choice -- especially if you like suburban planned communities and/or if you work south of the city, say, at the airport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta