Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 07:51 PM

3 posts, read 14,998 times

Advertisements

Also it happened at 2pm. Which I guess is around school time. So no debating that. I am in the wrong. Again, the amount is just gauging citizens. Besides, my brother is a cop in FL and he's a maniac on the road. I'd probably get jail time if I drove how he does some times. Just saying. There's a double standard definitely.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:49 PM

580 posts, read 1,426,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
you think thats expensive? my daughter got a ticket for not having proof of license...$785.00 fine
This sounds like Cobb County...been there done that lol

Old 02-05-2013, 09:19 PM

229 posts, read 475,219 times
So, next time you get close to the school zone I bet you slow down. If the fine was a mere $50 you would probably consider it an annoyance. Your fine got the point across. I am not a friend of revenue generation but after watching a child get hit by a speeding car while living in Texas, I have NO MERCY for speeders in neighborhoods or school zones. San Antonio used to have a horrible problem with speeding in school zones but they started the "mega fine" deal and guess what? It's not a problem anymore.

Out of curiosity, why didn't you see the flashing lights? Texting, perhaps?

Old 02-05-2013, 09:21 PM

2,613 posts, read 4,163,622 times
Well, drive safely in a school zone from now on. If you would have hit a child going 45 it would not have been pretty. I'm annoyed that you came on complaining. You were going 20 miles an hour over the limit in a SCHOOL ZONE. How would you like it if someone was driving 45 past your kid's school? 45 is major thoroughfare speed - not side street (which is where most schools are located) speed. Shame on you. And then you came into C-D to complain about the ticket amount.

ETA: And I missed the part in which you said "it's not like I was going 80." Um, ok. So, let someone run into you with 2 tons of metal at 45 and then at 80 and see if you feel the difference. I bet you don't. 45 with a car and little kid is enough to do real damage - 80 mph is not necessary. Newsflash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meisert View Post
I'm not debating that I shouldn't have gotten a ticket. I'm debating the amount. They can fine people with a reasonable amount. But that was excessive IMO. And the fact that it appeared they were pulling almost every single car that was driving by the speed trap over... smelled like pretty fishy.
I wanted to get a feel for others opinions as I'm fairly new to this county.
Glad to get the feedback from others.
There's a point when a fine can be criminal in itself. $353 is ridiculous. And the next speed limit sign just down the road was 45. So if the light were not flashing I was going within the speed limit of 45. It's not like I was drag racing at 80 here. I mean come on. I can ride by bike 44 mph and have.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:21 PM

229 posts, read 475,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
you think thats expensive? my daughter got a ticket for not having proof of license...$785.00 fine
Did she show up to court with her license in hand? If so, her fine WAS NOT $785.00

Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,968,660 times
Sorry, but this really just amounts to a complaint about a speeding fine, and we're not a legal complaint board. If you feel someone was in error fining you, seek an attorney who specialized in traffic law and get professional advice. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta