Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 03:22 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
I appreciate his explanation here, but still don't agree with the semantics. If he doesn't mean "all whites" then don't use the term "whites." It must be a two way street. I will not use the term "blacks" to describe the actions or beliefs or attitudes of a few or even many. I would be criticized, categorized as a white racist and dismissed if I did so, wouldn't I?

If we are to move forward from our past (and we have, haven't we? I don't think we have arrived at any place to rest on our laurels, but neither should we paint a picture as if society hasn't moved forward leaps and bounds, even in my lifetime) then we must come to a place where we use language that expresses our true intent and makes sense to the listeners ears. Otherwise we just preach to the choir and no real gains are made and the divide is deepened further.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
I do not disagree with Ms. McIntosh's assessments here. Many of the points she makes are true. Our American culture has dealt with this dichotomy for some time and might have it always. Any culture that has a sizable minority will find itself with similar scenarios, right?

So, what is the answer? Do we right a wrong with another wrong? Do we make it okay in this day and age to discriminate against whites to right the wrongs of the past? I realize that you and others here say that it is impossible to happen, but it did happen to me. You might disagree that what I experienced was reverse racism, but I know that it is exactly what happened. I am not coming on this site to lay out my personal laundry and make the case for why it was, don't think anyone wants to hear sordid details and if anyone doesn't believe me, I don't really care.

But it happened and I am here to state that it did. My family was torn apart by it, I still haven't recovered fully from the experience and it is over ten years ago. At the same time, I am not claiming a victim status and it doesn't stop my longing for what MLK Jr longed for his children, a society where we will not be judged by the color of our skin but by the content of our character.

Aries, you know I respect you and cherish you as much as one man can do so when we only know each other thru cyber space, but I fail to see that the blogs you list are not more harmful in achieving this dream as they seem to magnify the sins of the past moreso than celebrate the milestones that have been crossed. I hope you can see I am saying that in all sincerity and brotherly love.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:04 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,885,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
I don't classify myself as a victim at all, have moved on from it, but I lost a position as full time music director at a church seeking to be more multi cultural because my music wasn't "black" enough. You can say it wasn't reverse discrimination but yes, I was discriminated because I was white and lost a very good position because of my skin color and that alone.

Does that satisfy as a good enough answer for you? Would you like to come laugh in my face about it? The most painful experience I have gone through in my professional life. Go ahead, laugh in my face and feel smug about your little one liner there.
Your music not being "black" enough has nothing to do with your skin color. Try again oppressed white guy.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthemove2014 View Post
Your music not being "black" enough has nothing to do with your skin color. Try again oppressed white guy.
It most certainly did. I was there, you weren't. It was even moreso to have a black minister on the platform than it was the style. He has had a black music leader ever since, whites need not apply.

However, don't owe you a single explanation. Believe what you want and keep the divide.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:50 AM

811 posts, read 1,054,368 times
Quote:
That guy is crazy. He's an individual who has no real skills, that he milks the white guilt argument for his liberal handlers all for a paycheck.

His argument has no credibility.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:58 AM

811 posts, read 1,054,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthemove2014 View Post
The music is a product of the culture of a component of the congregation. Thus, a white person, with a white cultural style in music, who has had a position for a period of time, is discriminated against for the person of whom she is.

The fact of the matter is that it was a case of a person being discriminated against. After all, music is a cultural element that correlates with a race of the person.

In all of this, it is easily apparent that the black members on this site want to make excuses for racism against white people. They think that it is a joke to speak of. Even their own comments are "I'd laugh at the person who said they were discriminated against", or "LoL", or whatever other childish excuses that they want to make for their discriminatory thinking. It is blatantly obvious that they themselves are prejudiced against whites, prejudging white people in claiming that they can't be discriminated against.

This is the same mindset that is promoted by some blacks when whites vote Republican. They claim whites don't want to vote for Democrats because they're racist, even when whites vote for Republicans at only about a sixty percent clip nationwide. Yet, they'll vote for a Democrat ninety percent of the time, and when it is a black Democrat, they'll walk together in solidarity at nearly a one hundred percent (98%) consensus.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Box

382 posts, read 661,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
It most certainly did. I was there, you weren't. It was even moreso to have a black minister on the platform than it was the style. He has had a black music leader ever since, whites need not apply.

However, don't owe you a single explanation. Believe what you want and keep the divide.
Maybe he should hire Robin Thicke.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:01 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Nothing worse than jokes made over an unfunny situation.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:36 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,885,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
The music is a product of the culture of a component of the congregation. Thus, a white person, with a white cultural style in music, who has had a position for a period of time, is discriminated against for the person of whom she is.

The fact of the matter is that it was a case of a person being discriminated against. After all, music is a cultural element that correlates with a race of the person.

In all of this, it is easily apparent that the black members on this site want to make excuses for racism against white people. They think that it is a joke to speak of. Even their own comments are "I'd laugh at the person who said they were discriminated against", or "LoL", or whatever other childish excuses that they want to make for their discriminatory thinking. It is blatantly obvious that they themselves are prejudiced against whites, prejudging white people in claiming that they can't be discriminated against.

This is the same mindset that is promoted by some blacks when whites vote Republican. They claim whites don't want to vote for Democrats because they're racist, even when whites vote for Republicans at only about a sixty percent clip nationwide. Yet, they'll vote for a Democrat ninety percent of the time, and when it is a black Democrat, they'll walk together in solidarity at nearly a one hundred percent (98%) consensus.

So white people don't play or enjoy "black music" ?

Old 08-25-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Nothing worse than jokes made over an unfunny situation.
My fault for casting pearls before swine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta