Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2011, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,744 times

Advertisements

Hi im new to the forum and some what new to atlanta.I'm not gonna really explain my pathetic life story,as im only 32 years old.But to make a simple short story I am homeless,I sometimes sleep at peach tree and pine,other times at the atlanta mission.I dont like shelters so im wondering if anyone here knows cheap apartments(i mean atleast $300-$400 a month).I dont care if its in a bad area or good area I just need a place to rest my head.I am currently unemployed and have diffuculty getting employment due to my LONG criminal record.I have no ID,no birth certificate,no nothing.I however do this job(not really a job but it pays me)its a guy i know he gives me money about $100 a week to help him fix houses and he pays in cash.As you can see its little money but if their is a way I can get a apartment without the usual background checks and other bull**** i would appriacte it if someone helped me out.Sorry for my grammar the keyboard is messed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 02:02 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,030,554 times
apartments/roommates
atlanta rooms & shares classifieds - craigslist

jobs/skilled trades
atlanta skilled trades/artisan jobs classifieds - craigslist

reg jobs
atlanta all jobs classifieds - craigslist

truck driving jobs (they are known to be relaxed with hiring people with criminal records)
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/search...ver&srchType=A

Old 04-27-2011, 06:02 PM

876 posts, read 2,281,045 times
I would assume you are in contact with people day to day. I would ask as many as I could about what you want (a cheap apartment/ place for rent). Someone would know someone who has a place for rent.

Without a basic ID, you are even more limited in many ways that you already know about. I would correct that as soon as possible, so you can seek work legally.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:21 PM

217 posts, read 409,464 times
Have you tried the Imperial? It's just a couple of blocks from Peachtree/Pine and it was rehab-ed from a hotel into apartments for people with very low incomes. It's just a couple of blocks from Peachtree-Pine, right there at Peachtree and Ralph McGill/Ivan Allen.

They were having some financial problems in the fall, but I haven't read anything about it since then.

Here's how to get a copy of your birth certificate if you were born in Georgia. If you weren't born here, the CDC has links to vital records sources for all states.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:24 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,543,831 times
Good luck to you.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:11 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,228,128 times
Also, continue looking out for construction signs in residential and commercial areas...many of these companies will hire you on the spot to help them clean-up after a construction or interior design project (example: Sawhorse, Home Rebuilders, Small Carpenters at Large). These companies will have signs posted in the yards or in front of the buildings where they are working. I used to work for one of these companies years ago, and have seen several guys (with no experience) starting out just doing mainly project clean up, where after a few weeks on the job the company paid for them to get certified and additional training from the Georgia Home Builders Association.

I hope some of the info on the board is helpful to you...and pray that you are blessed with a new job opportunity, new home, and a fresh start.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:23 PM

183 posts, read 353,548 times
Not sure if you can hook up this gig, but it might work for you. Sometimes some property management companies need someone to temporarily occupy a house (not in the greatest of areas) while they try to obtain a permanent tenant. This way, the house is less succeptable (sp?) to breakins and is not vacant...You'll be paid a little bit and you'll have a place to stay for a bit...

I know there is a need for that, but I'm not sure how you can look for this gig...good luck to you.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:48 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,555,280 times
theres these apartments in austell georgia call Magnolia crossing....their one bedrooms are 424.00...first month is free so my daughter moved in for 150.00 deposit.

Its in a safe area (cobb county dont play) hardwood floors,dishwasher and a balcony. and you only pay one utility which is your light bill. And its on the busline.

Hope this works out for you. I know it rough out there but I hope it all works out for you. I will be praying for you and God Bless

Old 04-30-2011, 12:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,519 times
It would probably benefit you to get an I.D. of some sort. I know it's illegal in some places to just be walking around w/o identification.
I wish you luck & hope you can find something. I've been homeless before, i know how that goes. At least you have a trade to use. Wish I could help, I just lost my job a month ago, don't know whats next. God Bless You.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta