Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2007, 04:50 PM

16 posts, read 74,252 times

Advertisements

We are considering moving to a cheap apartment with a price range of $500 to $750ish somewhere on the outskirts of Atlanta. Probably Conyers , Lawrenceville, Snellville or somewhere around that area, however we have heard that there is nothing but problems with crime increase the cheaper your rent gets. Are there any apartments in that price range that anyone can say is good?
Thanks

Last edited by seacook; 06-11-2007 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 05:44 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,369,826 times
Well, the common laws of supply and demand will pretty much dictate that apartments in that price range will be in crappy areas. Anything in a good area will command a higher price. While there's probably some isolated case of a high-quality $500/mo apartment, they'd be few and far between enough to be virtually impossible to find.

Bob

Old 06-11-2007, 05:57 PM

985 posts, read 5,756,737 times
The ongoing rate for nice apartment in Duluth area is that one bedroom started at $800 and two bedrooms started at $1000. I image that you get apartment a little cheaper than that in Lawrencevile, but no much less. If you pay less than that, the quality of apartment drop dramatically. If I were you, I would pay for ongoing rate maybe for six months and then find cheaper if possible. Since this is new environment for you, it is better be safe than sorry.

Old 06-11-2007, 06:52 PM

39 posts, read 99,425 times
A friend of mine lives in an apartment complex in Dulth and pays $650 per month. It's filled with illegals. (She doesn't have any problems, though)

Old 06-11-2007, 08:35 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
Anything under $700 will most likely be in a "soso" area or complex. Someone mentioned high illegals counts, but they're usually not a problem (except sometimes when it comes to fires - unattended on stoves or kids playing with matches). The problems are other groups of younger guys who ROB the illegals since they usually carry lots of cash on them instead of using banks. It's not uncommon to hear of apartment home invasions of illegals beging robbed of that cash. Not sure I'd want to live in a place full of that possibility.

Apartment complexes are not the only route to go, though. There are ads in the papers and on Craigs List now and again from individuals who have homes for rent, some are cheaper (but small in that price range), or those who have apartments in basements for rent, etc. Explore other possibilities like that rather than just apartment complexes.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:54 AM

6 posts, read 130,465 times
I'm also looking for apartments in Atlanta now through promove.com. They operate in the greater ATL area, and you can give them all your criteria (price range, location, amenities, lifestyle), and they'll create a shortlist of apartments for you.

Once I have that list, I'm going to spend a day visiting all of them, and hope to sign a deal by the end of the day. They seem to really know their stuff!

P.S. This is not a shameful plug. I'm actually using their services right now, and have been super impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta