Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 06:44 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,119,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
So thugs are the only people who steal out of Stores? Students steal the Rich steal etc.. What about all the bad checks that some write to stores thats considered stealing too. Please dont classify people.. There are so many none (thuggish) crimes that go on in grocery stores.
Who said it was only thugs who steal? There are many crimes in grocery stores other than the thug-types stealing. But once you add the crimes that happen in any grocery store (7th grader shoplifting gum for truth or dare, bad checks, employees stealing cash) plus the thug element that would frequent a grocery store in 5 Points, then its a much more signifigant problem.

Are you really implying that a Kroger in 5 points would put up with the same amount of crime as a Kroger in a place like Buckhead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 06:46 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,119,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I have never heard of thugs stealing out of upscale grocery stores. That would seem beneath their level of macho. "Yo, i'm gone pop up a cap up in dem shawty organic artichokes."
Does Kroger fit your definition of upscale?

Old 09-08-2010, 07:11 PM

45 posts, read 125,479 times
Oh yes, I recall that store. Was near central ave I think- Can't imagine any other kroger around there- it was very seedy. Always a bum or two loitering around.

That's what's so interesting about a forum, that you just never know who's posting. Could be one, even several, of those poor souls who used to hustle the kroger, giving advise to would be swim tennis Alpharettans.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:44 PM

32,063 posts, read 37,011,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Modern Day slavery has nothing to do with race and everything to do with the poor & uneducated. There are white people on food stamps and white people in prisons & yes they are slaves to the government. Freemen buy their food with earned cash.
I see what you're saying. However, this particular guy could probably buy his own food (he definitely could if he chose to work) but he's found a way to cruise by on freebies. He's got a nice car, he lives in a nice house with his mom and has the run of the downstairs, which is really a separate apartment. He's drawing unemployment, he has the food cards, his kids get stipends for golf lessons, karate, art classes, etc., free medical care, and so forth. So why should he bust his tail? He's got several ways of picking up extra cash when he needs it, and stands to inherit a couple of tidy sums in the not too distant future. Life is good!

Old 09-08-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
Definitely! The three Krogers near me are terrific!

Old 09-08-2010, 11:33 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,853,827 times
Quote:
Who said it was only thugs who steal? There are many crimes in grocery stores other than the thug-types stealing. But once you add the crimes that happen in any grocery store (7th grader shoplifting gum for truth or dare, bad checks, employees stealing cash) plus the thug element that would frequent a grocery store in 5 Points, then its a much more signifigant problem.

Are you really implying that a Kroger in 5 points would put up with the same amount of crime as a Kroger in a place like Buckhead?
Same crimes just different locations..

Old 09-08-2010, 11:36 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,853,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Definitely! The three Krogers near me are terrific!
Okay!! The one by my house is too.. It's 2 stories and the staff is great and it's very clean...

Old 09-09-2010, 10:26 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,196,010 times
Quote:
Atlanta really doesn't have an upscale grocery chain (something like Byerly's in the Twin Cities), at least that I've seen. Kroger and Publix are more like classic supermarkets.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Atlanta really doesn't have an upscale grocery chain (something like Byerly's in the Twin Cities), at least that I've seen. Kroger and Publix are more like classic supermarkets.
Well, we've got Kroger Fresh Fare, which is extremely nice, and of course Whole Foods and Fresh Market. They're all a cut above your standard Kroger and Publix.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:31 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,999,931 times
Folks - the topic is about 5 Points/Underground... not Kroger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta