Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 10:07 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,300,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAINTUCK View Post
I guess I am one horrible communicator or the reading comprehension is awful. You folks got me going because you read what you wanted to read not what was there to read. The only derogatory, let's quote that, "only derogatory" mention I made of athiests was my true belief that they are "narcissists". Why? Because you would have to believe that your itsy bitsy teeny weeny biological human brain has the ability to discern from infinite unfathonable knowledge that there is no God. Read...contrast...faith/narcissism,faith/narcissism,faith/narcissism. O.K. now I'm done.
Oh, just one more thing. How in the hell could any one of you tell whether or not I claimed to be a Christian or not from anything I have written? If any of you ... that suggested so can find it please point it out to me. Your objectivity reeks of subjectivity.
Ahhhh....feel the christian love flowing from this true believer to reach out and touch all AND bring them to GOD...

Last edited by Marka; 06-10-2007 at 04:49 AM.. Reason: edited quote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2007, 10:08 PM

954 posts, read 813,648 times
Quote:
The only derogatory, let's quote that, "only derogatory" mention I made of athiests was my true belief that they are "narcissists". Why? Because you would have to believe that your itsy bitsy teeny weeny biological human brain has the ability to discern from infinite unfathonable knowledge that there is no God.
Well, you may know the meaning of the word "narcissism" but you certainly don't know the meaning of the word 'atheist'. Atheists do not proclaim that "there is no god". All we say is 'we have no belief in gods'. There is a difference!

Last edited by Marka; 06-10-2007 at 04:49 AM.. Reason: repaired code

Old 06-09-2007, 10:26 PM

253 posts, read 640,846 times
Quote:
I guess I am one horrible communicator or the reading comprehension is awful. You folks got me going because you read what you wanted to read not what was there to read. The only derogatory, let's quote that, "only derogatory" mention I made of athiests was my true belief that they are "narcissists". Why? Because you would have to believe that your itsy bitsy teeny weeny biological human brain has the ability to discern from infinite unfathonable knowledge that there is no God. Read...contrast...faith/narcissism,faith/narcissism,faith/narcissism. O.K. now I'm done.
Oh, just one more thing. How in the hell could any one of you tell whether or not I claimed to be a Christian or not from anything I have written? If any of you smart butts that suggested so can find it please point it out to me. Your objectivity reeks of subjectivity.
How could I tell whether or not you claimed to be Christian? Don't think I haven't had the honor of reading some of your other posts on other threads that talk about Jesus's teachings, but aside from that , reading through this topic you just have that hostile Chrisitan aura about you, you can just feel it eating into your flesh, and I assure you I read every word you said, letting your words fall on me all togeather. I appologize for not giving a seperate reply for every single word, I simply thought it would be better to reply to what I felt the general message of the post was. Please, if you aren't the way I think you are, correct me, if your posts don't reflect accurately what you think, tell me streight up what you believe, I'm all ears, but from what I collect you think athiests are self centered and arrogant, and you just don't like them.

And I thought I would clear something up for you; narcissism isn't the opposite of faith, doubt is the opposite of faith, faith means to beleive, doubt means not to believe, narcissism means to be madly in love with onesself (like the greek tale of Echo and Narcissus) and thus would be closest to being the oposite of self hatred. Hope that cleared things up a bit.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:29 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
I don't know. For all his (her?) emotionalism, at last Kaintuck is outright saying s/he does have a low opinion of atheists, something many other Christians aren't willing to own up to. Two points off for quasi-hysteria but three bonus points for honesty and bravery.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:45 PM

345 posts, read 203,706 times
I know what narcissism means "maniac". Yes, I do give Jesus Christ his due. Yes, I'm a little bit scared to say that he might not be the son of God. I was indoctrinated that way in my youth as many Americans were. Understand though, this lynch mob did not know whether I was Christian or not. I gave not one clue. Not in definable verbage. Find it ...where is it at? My belief in Christianity is very simple and extends not one spec beyond this concept. I have read the Christian Bible and I find no fault, not one, with the personification of Jesus Christ. I believe in the words he spoke,"The Bible in a nutshell is do unto others as you would have them do unto you" I also kind of believe in the optimist Candide, "God is in his heaven and all is well. That is all ye know and all ye ever need to know".
I don't give a rats butt what an athiest does with his life or what he believes in. I said nothing about narcissism being the opposite of faith. In my mind that is again bad reading comprehension. I said "contrast" -there is a difference. My posts were relegated to the concept of pure logic. Something most people that seem to post here don't know a g..d... thing about. But they want to jump on their perceptions instead of reading. Lets git dat sumbitch! But they know a lot about their "objective" opinions. Hahahahahaha.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:48 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,010,773 times
Moderator cut: personal - off topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac View Post
How could I tell whether or not you claimed to be Christian? Don't think I haven't had the honor of reading some of your other posts on other threads that talk about Jesus's teachings, but aside from that , reading through this topic you just have that hostile Chrisitan aura about you, you can just feel it eating into your flesh, and I assure you I read every word you said, letting your words fall on me all togeather.
Maniac, and everyone else that thinks this way, PLEASE do not lump all Christians as you did here...We are NOT all like that and it is an UNFAIR connotation to give to us all! It just isn't right to have a negative attitude toward ALL Christians just because of a rotton few , anymore than it is right for Christians to "hate" ALL atheists because of a few disrespectful ones...Know what I mean

Last edited by Marka; 06-10-2007 at 04:55 AM..

Old 06-09-2007, 10:54 PM

253 posts, read 640,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post

Maniac, and everyone else that thinks this way, PLEASE do not lump all Christians as you did here...We are NOT all like that and it is an UNFAIR connotation to give to us all! It just isn't right to have a negative attitude toward ALL Christians just because of a rotton few , anymore than it is right for Christians to "hate" ALL atheists because of a few disrespectful ones...Know what I mean

sorry, I should have worded that better, think of where it says "hostile Christian" and think of those two words like a compound word, there are Christians, passive-Christians, hostile-Christians, etc, I was not saying all Christians are hostile by any means, I am a Chrsitian myself. I am not one to generalize. But I must ask why it matters what denomination Kaintuck belongs to, why should we judge an entire denomination on how one person acts?

(by the way, I was not meaning to sound trivial or judgemental in that last
sentence, I hope it doesn't come across that way, I am not trying to offend anybody because right now I am drained and not in the mood for any more fighting or debating)

Last edited by Marka; 06-10-2007 at 04:55 AM.. Reason: edited quote

Old 06-09-2007, 11:32 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,010,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac View Post
sorry, I should have worded that better, think of where it says "hostile Christian" and think of those two words like a compound word, there are Christians, passive-Christians, hostile-Christians, etc, I was not saying all Christians are hostile by any means, I am a Chrsitian myself. I am not one to generalize. But I must ask why it matters what denomination Kaintuck belongs to, why should we judge an entire denomination on how one person acts?

(by the way, I was not meaning to sound trivial or judgemental in that last
sentence, I hope it doesn't come across that way, I am not trying to offend anybody because right now I am drained and not in the mood for any more fighting or debating)
You're right! I am guilty of judging as well ...my bad!
Please forget that I said that part... and forgive me!
It just saddens me when I see someone say things that hurt the rest of the Christians Not all Christians are anything like that...very FEW that I know of anyway.

Old 06-10-2007, 01:44 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,531,049 times
Quote:
Because you would have to believe that your itsy bitsy teeny weeny biological human brain has the ability to discern from infinite unfathonable knowledge that there is no God.

(Just a reminder ; the verb to discern means to detect; to notice; to recognize. Since atheists don't believe in God because we can't detect him, your itsy bitsy teeny weeny assertion makes absolutely no sense.)

Old 06-10-2007, 01:54 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,531,049 times
Quote:
I know what narcissism means "maniac". Yes, I do give Jesus Christ his due. Yes, I'm a little bit scared to say that he might not be the son of God. I was indoctrinated that way in my youth as many Americans were. Understand though, this lynch mob did not know whether I was Christian or not. I gave not one clue. Not in definable verbage. Find it ...where is it at? My belief in Christianity is very simple and extends not one spec beyond this concept. I have read the Christian Bible and I find no fault, not one, with the personification of Jesus Christ. I believe in the words he spoke,"The Bible in a nutshell is do unto others as you would have them do unto you" I also kind of believe in the optimist Candide, "God is in his heaven and all is well. That is all ye know and all ye ever need to know".
I don't give a rats butt what an athiest does with his life or what he believes in. I said nothing about narcissism being the opposite of faith. In my mind that is again bad reading comprehension. I said "contrast" -there is a difference. My posts were relegated to the concept of pure logic. Something most people that seem to post here don't know a g..d... thing about. But they want to jump on their perceptions instead of reading. Lets git dat sumbitch! But they know a lot about their "objective" opinions. Hahahahahaha.
You chastise us for "reading comprehension," yet you write ambiguous nonsense such as the bolded sentence?

There are several definitions for "relegate," none of which make a lick of sense in the context you've used. What on earth are you talking about, man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism