Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 02:20 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,798,240 times

Advertisements

This is the kind of thing that I find on my fb feed, just wondering what someone's else's take on this is:

I hate it btw, this constant barrage of religious crap and I found his portrayal of the "atheist" very offensive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx38rAAj0rg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 02:30 PM

307 posts, read 246,148 times
the only thing I saw him prove exists, is his loud mouth and ability to draw a circle

Old 05-22-2018, 03:11 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times

Brilliant and just what the believers want to hear.

But he wouldn't last two minutes with an atheist who knows what he's talking about.

Old 05-22-2018, 05:28 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,138,456 times
Defeating an atheist, irrespective of the rapidity of the conquest, would seem a hollow triumph in that the task actually before them is defeating atheism.

Just as my atheism is not tied to the beliefs of any particular scientific genius, it also is not tied to the outcome of a joust between single combat warriors.

Old 05-22-2018, 05:55 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
What complete rubbish! He needs 2 min. to prove there is a God and then draws a circle and uses the fallacious argument from ignorance as his proof.

He does not understand that you can be an agnostic atheist since atheism in this case is just a belief that God does not exist based upon lack of convincing evidence - not that we know with certainty that God does not exist. The only thing he would be defeating are those atheists who say they know God does not exist and who also say that they only know a small amount of that which can be known - which is a very small % of atheists. But even this assumes that God can be known and that the God in question is some generalized entity and not some specific God like the Christian God whom some atheist say they know does not exist for logical reasons.

It in no way proves God's existence nor defeats atheism. So he failed miserably on both fronts. Complete moron! In fact I do not know any atheists who say that they know that God in general does not exist.

Then there is this possibility that I have not vetted:

Turns out this whole story is a lie. People researched it. There is only one college in Cambridge and one Atheist group at the college and neither had ever heard of him or held a debate. the Church YouTube channel quickly took this video down but not before people copied it to share his shame forever.

Last edited by 2K5Gx2km; 05-22-2018 at 06:03 PM..

Old 05-22-2018, 05:58 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Based on his argument he should believe in the FSM.

Old 05-22-2018, 06:11 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
How to defeat the "How to Defeat an Atheist in 2 Minutes" BS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uaD...ature=youtu.be

Old 05-22-2018, 07:41 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,872,913 times
It's similar to the way I think. I would look at an atheist human being who thinks he understands the universe, in the same way I would look at my pet rabbit. Two mammals.

My guess is that the rabbit is not as smart as he thinks he is. If he has any ideas about how the universe works, I'm guessing that a lot of Mr Bunny's ideas are probably way off.

The same with the atheist human.

There is something to be said for humility.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:06 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
It's similar to the way I think. I would look at an atheist human being who thinks he understands the universe, in the same way I would look at my pet rabbit. Two mammals.

My guess is that the rabbit is not as smart as he thinks he is. If he has any ideas about how the universe works, I'm guessing that a lot of Mr Bunny's ideas are probably way off.

The same with the atheist human.

There is something to be said for humility.

Surely you can apply that to theists. An atheist who says he knows God does not exists is rare - a theist whose says he knows God exists is not. It's theists that need some humility. The amount of arrogance that is associated with such extraordinary claims is mind boggling.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:18 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,872,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Surely you can apply that to theists. An atheist who says he knows God does not exists is rare - a theist whose says he knows God exists is not. It's theists that need some humility. The amount of arrogance that is associated with such extraordinary claims is mind boggling.
Of course. But to humbly accept an ancient religious system is not arrogance. You could criticize it in a lot of ways but it's definitely not arrogance.

But the only way to really assess a person is to observe what they do. Their words and thoughts really don't mean a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism