Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2013, 08:23 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,742,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
There is no way the first woman is "full filipino"
Full Filipino means that all of your grandparents are from the Philippines. That's what I meant. She has Spanish ancestry, but it's not recent. It's centuries old. Whether they have ancestry from somewhere else, they're still full Filipino. Filipinos have always been a mixture of Negrito, Taiwanese Aborigine, Chinese, Indian, Japanese, Spanish, Mexican, etc etc. If you want to be techinal about it, the only full Filipinos are Negritos

But I think the definition I'm using is more practical. Some other posters like to post half Filipinos and say that they're technically Filipinos. No, if you have a parent who isn't from the Philippines, you're not full Filipino, regardless of how Filipino you may feel.

Last edited by Smtchll; 10-12-2013 at 08:36 PM..

Old 10-12-2013, 08:30 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,924,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Full Filipino means that all of your grandparents are from the Philippines. That's what I meant. She has Spanish ancestry, but it's not recent. It's centuries old. Whether they have ancestry from somewhere else, they're still full Filipino. Filipinos have always been a mixture of Negrito, Taiwanese Aborigine, Chinese, Indian, Japanese, Spanish, Mexican, etc etc. If you want to be techinal about it, the only full Filipinos are Negritos

But I think the definition I'm using is more practical. Some other posters like to post half Filipinos and say that they're technically Filipinos. No, if you have a parent who isn't from the Philippines, you're not full Filipino, regardless of how Filipino you may feel.
Ok. I didn't know the distinction you were using, which is filipino nationality, not ethnicity.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:35 PM

I'm not using nationality as a distinction because there are half Filipinos who are Filipino citizens. Anyone with 1 Filipino parent can easily become a citizen. Filipino nationality is the distinction that Pinai and Hermosa use when they say someone is "full Filipino"

I'm not using ethnicity as a distinction either because there's not 1 Filipino ethnicity. Negritos are the original Filipinos but not the only Filipinos. When I say "full Filipino" I mean that none of their recent ancestry is from outside of the Philippines.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:38 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,790,599 times
This is about Koreans lets stop talking about Filipinos.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:22 AM

Sorry, I just want to know what we're supposed to be jealous of according to Peter Colyer. There are Filipino celebrities who can attain the ideal Korean look, like her

but then there are others who look completely different. It's a mixed bag. No reason to envy Korean celebs.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:57 AM

8 posts, read 15,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
There are many countries that are wealthier than Korea that don't have a high rate of plastic surgery. South Korea is the highest. And I can see Southeast Asians getting nose surgery (Koreans get it too) but I cant see them getting eyelid surgery or jaw surgery
You sound truly desperate trying to make Korean women look small and Filipinas big. If Korean women are really that bad and Filipinas that great, people will all acknowledge that in time even if you do not try that hard. You are trying so hard that I cannot read your comments without tears out of sympathy.

Koreans rank "the highest for plastic surgery"? The highest in the world? The highest in Asia? You really don't have to make up a story to convince others. If you really believe in something, respect and trust other people's intelligence and let them come to the knowledge in due course.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:10 AM

I didn't make it up, just google it yourself. This is well-known

Here's one link, but I'm sure you can find many more

Daily chart: Plastic makes perfect | The Economist

and another just specific to Asia

http://www.asianplasticsurgeryguide....hest.html#data

And I'm trying to make Filipinos look "big" Yeah, you're right, Filipino women are bigger. There's more fat people in the Philippines than in Korea, that's for sure.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:22 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sant0124 View Post
You sound truly desperate trying to make Korean women look small and Filipinas big. If Korean women are really that bad and Filipinas that great, people will all acknowledge that in time even if you do not try that hard. You are trying so hard that I cannot read your comments without tears out of sympathy.

Koreans rank "the highest for plastic surgery"? The highest in the world? The highest in Asia? You really don't have to make up a story to convince others. If you really believe in something, respect and trust other people's intelligence and let them come to the knowledge in due course.
You don't know about how common plastic surgery in Korea is ? Many say it is almost like shopping.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:42 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,531,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
This is about Koreans lets stop talking about Filipinos.
Exactly...sounds to me like some people here have an inferiority complex.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:20 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,790,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sant0124 View Post

No I believe it's statistical fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia