Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 10:57 AM

1,449 posts, read 2,354,337 times

Advertisements

i've been watching a lot of s. korean rom-coms lately (thanks to netflix and dramafever), but since s. korea is known for its obsession with and heavy plastic surgery utilization, im wondering as to the extent of those actresses being general representation of s. korean beauty. im thinking if the middle class people can afford plastic surgery (which, if you compare to the philippines, only the top 10% can afford such), do you have to look among the impoverished (which i think s. korea doesnt have much of) to look for the people with natural beauty? i feel that if i were to visit s. korea, i would find everyone there, especially the women, to look plastic. it makes me feel like there's less genuine people there.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:00 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,999,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
i've been watching a lot of s. korean rom-coms lately (thanks to netflix and dramafever), but since s. korea is known for its obsession with and heavy plastic surgery utilization, im wondering as to the extent of those actresses being general representation of s. korean beauty. im thinking if the middle class people can afford plastic surgery (which, if you compare to the philippines, only the top 10% can afford such), do you have to look among the impoverished (which i think s. korea doesnt have much of) to look for the people with natural beauty? i feel that if i were to visit s. korea, i would find everyone there, especially the women, to look plastic. it makes me feel like there's less genuine people there.
most average people cant afford PS...only a few can...dont believe this BS...its mostly spread by insecure people who are jealous because their ugly selves cant compare to the beauty of S koreans

Old 04-27-2013, 11:00 AM

23,537 posts, read 24,029,400 times
I have visited S. Korea (mainly for business) and there is a diversity in terms of appearance, for S. Korean women. There are the "naturals" and the ones that have had plastic surgery.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:09 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,091,738 times
Well it seems like they all can afford cosmetic surgery, even 12 year olds already think of having plastic surgery and it is quite strange that their Parents are very open to it like giving it as a present for their kids when they turn 16. It seems like a pretty normal thing there, just like shopping for clothes.
Filipinos can never afford such because salaries are low and I guess Filipinos are not as insecure as Koreans... I guess the biggest insecurity of Koreans are their eyes. Filipinos do not really have a problem with that.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Well it seems like they all can afford cosmetic surgery, even 12 year olds already think of having plastic surgery and it is quite strange that their Parents are very open to it like giving it as a present for their kids when they turn 16. It seems like a pretty normal thing there, just like shopping for clothes.
Filipinos can never afford such because salaries are low and I guess Filipinos are not as insecure as Koreans... I guess the biggest insecurity of Koreans are their eyes. Filipinos do not really have a problem with that.
here in an example of one of the jealous people right now

Old 04-27-2013, 11:41 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,091,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
here in an example of one of the jealous people right now
Jealous ? I don't need Plastic Surgery. What for ? I have eyes and nose and nothing to fix on my face as it is not square or so. Why should I be jealous of eyeless people ? If I would be, it will have to be with Venezuelan women because they are the ones I consider beautiful.

A Korean woman who guested before in Oprah about 7 years ago, confirmed this that more than half of the women do cosmetic surgery before they reach 30.

And I read about a 12 year old wanting to have it too and here is the link...

Plastic surgery boom as Asians seek 'western' look - CNN.com

Mr. Privinciano, can you stop defending Korean women ? it is very obvious they are your standard of beauty and probably you have a very huge crush on a Korean woman, but do you have to say I am jealous if I say Plastic Surgery seems like a normal thing for them ? Oh come on... I am free to say what ever I want especially if the whole world already knows about it.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Jealous ? I don't need Plastic Surgery. What for ? I have eyes and nose and nothing to fix on my face as it is not square or so. Why should I be jealous of eyeless people ? If I would be, it will have to be with Venezuelan women because they are the ones I consider beautiful.

A Korean woman who guested before in Oprah about 7 years ago, confirmed this that more than half of the women do cosmetic surgery before they reach 30.

And I read about a 12 year old wanting to have it too and here is the link...

Plastic surgery boom as Asians seek 'western' look - CNN.com

Mr. Privinciano, can you stop defending Korean women ? it is very obvious they are your standard of beauty and probably you have a very huge crush on a Korean woman, but do you have to say I am jealous if I say Plastic Surgery seems like a normal thing for them ? Oh come on... I am free to say what ever I want especially if the whole world already knows about it.
http://i39.tinypic.com/nqr75t.jpg
http://entervrexworld.files.wordpres...delas-alas.jpg

all I have to say....

Old 04-27-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
most average people cant afford PS...only a few can...dont believe this BS...its mostly spread by insecure people who are jealous because their ugly selves cant compare to the beauty of S koreans
oh really? and do you have proof? these should be proof enough:

2013 Miss Korea Contestants Blasted On Reddit for Plastic Surgeries, Looking Identical

especially: “I live in Korea, and older women complain how girls don't look Korean anymore because of all the plastic surgery. It's so common to the point if I meet a girl, I just assume she has had something done. Girls here consider eye surgery just like using makeup,” Reddit user forevertraveling wrote.

and

Picture of 2013 Miss Korea Beauty Queen "Clones" Goes Viral : News : Counsel & Heal

It's no secret that South Korea is the country with the highest per capita rate of plastic surgery in the world. According to statistics from the Internation Society of Aesthetic
Plastic Surgeons, one in five women in the country's capital city Seoul have undergone some kind of cosmetic procedure.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:15 PM

apparently, ejay1 is in love with plastic women

Old 04-27-2013, 12:21 PM

even the young ones (since their parents can afford such procedures) have plastic surgeries

Miss Korea 2013: Attack of the Clones (20 Bizarre Photos) | HEAVY

...Schoolgirls who would [be] given plastic surgery as graduation gifts; the mother-daughter teams that would cash in on the two-for-one clinic discounts; the pervasive desire to ‘look more western’. Nicole Kidman, he said, with her high nose, big eyes, slim jaw and white skin was considered the pinnacle of beauty.

more proof:

31 Crazy Before And After Photos Of Korean Plastic Surgery
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia