Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 06:58 PM

7 posts, read 44,324 times

Advertisements

why how many people think china is the evil

Old 06-18-2007, 07:18 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,392,106 times
I don't think many people feel China is evil per se. North Korea, now THAT is another story.

I think a lot of people have mixed feelings towards China. Within the U.S., there's an implicit distrust of communism and considering our past battles with communist nations (the USSR, Cuba, Vietnam, etc.), it has been ingrained in the heads of most people in this country that communism and communists are the enemies of America. A lot of the tenets of communism (or at least how communism plays out in China and other nations), go against core American beliefs; things such as the lack of the freedom of press, persecution of religious individuals, forced family planning, and extremely limited freedom of speech. A lot of people in this country disagree with how China treats it's own citizens.

I think more than anything, a lot of people are suspicious of China and a bit wary of its gaining clout. China is a threat to America's economic and military dominance, and therefore a threat to our global influence as a whole. The sheer size of China makes it a massive threat to everyone but particularly the U.S. who has has arguably remained the world's sole superpower for some time now. China, a country with over four times the population of the U.S., will be competition in every aspect. Many American companies are outsourcing jobs to China where production costs are much lower, and therefore many blue-collar Americans have lost their jobs which I'm sure aids in a bit of antipathy, not necessarily only at China, but at the practice of outsourcing as a whole. I think a lot of people are worried about a communist nation like China becoming an economic powerhouse and the possible ramifications of that, in terms of how it's increased wealth may cause other nations to form alliances with them and in turn further spread communism, and essentially, of there being a second Cold War. Granted, the dynamics of the world have changed and modern-day China is different than Soviet-era USSR, but that fear remains.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:11 AM

13 posts, read 52,629 times
I like china... I know its not a Democratic state and all, but I do have a feeling that the more China keeps getting their act together the more products the chinese are going to dump into markets that were dominated by other countries.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:28 PM

578 posts, read 3,063,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave3883 View Post
I like china... I know its not a Democratic state and all, but I do have a feeling that the more China keeps getting their act together the more products the chinese are going to dump into markets that were dominated by other countries.
I agree i feel that China is improving for the better but it will always seem evil to many places that are democratic maybe with their slave labour, government corruption etc. There are many more evil countries than China the only way China could be deemed evil is they dont seem bothered about the global warming being the main contributor and not doin nothing about it.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:12 PM

415 posts, read 705,365 times
I think China should be isolated from the rest of the world.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:14 AM

7 posts, read 44,324 times
I plan to go to china in this summer i will see something which had not seen before,I don't think china is evil.I want prove it by myself.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:53 PM

872 posts, read 3,584,749 times
China's religious persecution of Christians and others I have fault with.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:59 PM

609 posts, read 2,117,853 times
Let me see, poison toothpaste, poison dog food, human rights violations. No things are fine in China.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:06 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,995,375 times
Without China America is nothing. The American Economy post WWII has been more and more dependent on slave labor from China. Almost everything sold in Wal-Mart/Target stores is made in China by wage slaves. Who the heck else is going to make $125 nike sneakers for 15 cents an hour? This enables low cost production and shifts greater profits to the American Executive classes.

Last edited by samyn on the green; 06-26-2007 at 10:18 PM..

Old 06-26-2007, 10:11 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,251,178 times
the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia