Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 01:48 PM

437 posts, read 929,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetair View Post
I can't imagine that the thought "let's move to Arkansas" would ever enter a person's mind. It just isn't something that would happen for a well functioning adult brain.
excuse you? i dont think the phrase "lets move to CA" very often it is the home of the hor, prostitute....considering i was born there i can and will make fun of it until its closer to Hawaii
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 04:18 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iColt1 View Post
excuse you? i dont think the phrase "lets move to CA" very often it is the home of the hor, prostitute....considering i was born there i can and will make fun of it until its closer to Hawaii
and I would guess Jetair, is someone else with a new sign on. Whether this is true or not, I am surprised anyone from OC has so little understanding of our country, most people I know in OC and I know a lot are pretty bright and pretty well informed about the world around them.

Nita

Old 05-27-2010, 07:07 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,358,017 times
As a resident of Hot Springs, I approve the message of the original poster. Maybe a little bad publicity will help alleviate some of my traffic issues on my way to and from work.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:21 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,864,280 times
I love how these people condemn an entire state and its population from a few people they encounter. This is another one of those stupid threads that serves no purpose and should be locked.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:49 PM

511 posts, read 799,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolly7 View Post
You have a lot of religious people. They don't really live by their religion. Hypocrisy runs ramped. Kindness to your fellow man does not exist if you are from another state. Also in Hot Springs you can get methamphetamines or a prostitute which would you like? It is very common to see toothless drug addicts tweeking all over the place in public. Love thy neighbor only exists if the neighbor has something that you want or they can take advantage of. Other than the extreme natural beauty the residents of Arkansas or atleast in this area leave much to be desired. This area is not a place to move if you are young or seeking employment. It is a tourist/retirement town with very limited job offerings. With the limited amount of jobs and the current population the employers tend to be more abusive toward employees do to the ease of replacement.

You pretty much described central AR. I get tired of having to deal with the pan handlers begging me for money. I've even had a few refuse to leave me alone and follow me when I'm trying to go to work. NEver had to deal with that crap in Texas.

The Christian hypocrisy is pretty spot on like you described it. I have yet to meet a true nice "Christian" and stopped going to church as a result to the cold reception. It's pretty sad.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:56 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,159,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
You pretty much described central AR. I get tired of having to deal with the pan handlers begging me for money. I've even had a few refuse to leave me alone and follow me when I'm trying to go to work. NEver had to deal with that crap in Texas.

The Christian hypocrisy is pretty spot on like you described it. I have yet to meet a true nice "Christian" and stopped going to church as a result to the cold reception. It's pretty sad.
Welcome back! Your can-do, positive input has been sorely missed! How's that career with the Chamber of Commerce coming along?

Old 05-28-2010, 11:11 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,378,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
Welcome back! Your can-do, positive input has been sorely missed! How's that career with the Chamber of Commerce coming along?
Hey Kimballette, I heard Sasabe AZ is looking for a new Executive Director of Chamber Commerce. If it's still open I'll be happy to give txdave a referral.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:13 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,159,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
Hey Kimballette, I heard Sasabe AZ is looking for a new Executive Director of Chamber Commerce. If it's still open I'll be happy to give txdave a referral.
Excellent! If I were you, I'd ask for a finder's fee for that one!

Old 05-29-2010, 04:22 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
I notice Dave is back with us and is offering such wonderful opinions again, I wonder why he can't find a friendly church, anyone else wonder as well. Ok, he is back and Lolly seems to have disappeared, maybe she applied for that AZ job? I am sure she didn't apply for one in Hot Springs!!!

Nita

Old 05-29-2010, 06:22 AM

4 posts, read 11,863 times
Nita I am still here and Dave I do not blame you. I have lived here for 15 years. I love the beauty. I do not like dealing with the residents so much. I am sure there is very good reason why Dave can not find a friendly church with no fault of his own. I do know a few nice people in this state but not too many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas