Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 05:06 PM

13,214 posts, read 21,842,161 times

Advertisements

That's actually from last year, taken outside of Wickenburg. The color is probably a bit over-saturated as well, but don't tell anybody.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:30 PM

7,186 posts, read 9,247,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
There's plenty of green in Arizona!
Arizona Green!

Beautiful pic!

Old 05-04-2010, 07:51 AM

8 posts, read 53,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjan1225 View Post
I can tell you that Graphic Design jobs are next to impossible to find. To better your chances, web design knowledge is a plus. I don't have as much info for you on the mechanical engineering career outlook.

The problem is that the green areas tend to be the areas with smaller towns with fewer and smaller businesses. Check out Camp Verde, Flagstaff, St. Johns, Payson, and the areas in the white mountains, like Greer, Pinetop. Tucson tends to be a little greener than Phoenix, with slightly milder temperatures.

Thank you so much! I will definitely look into those places.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:53 AM

That picture is beautiful, don't get me wrong...it's still too desert for us. We like the evergreens and lawns.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:08 AM

29 posts, read 83,564 times
Irrigated properties offer green---check Camp Verde & Cottonwood. Zillow,Craigslist,and classifieds on sites such as this are a great place to get info. Good luck to you!

Old 05-04-2010, 11:12 AM

4,374 posts, read 11,235,195 times
This is the desert and the desert isn't really suited for lawns; sure you can have one, but you'll be using a ton of water which doesn't come cheap, and it's a scarce resource here in the desert....it just doesn't make sense to me.

As a previous poster mentioned, well paying jobs in some of the 'greener places' listed are virtually non existent...people here who aren't self employed work at Home Depot and such.

Why not consider another state that has an environment that suits what you want instead of trying to change this one into something it isn't? Many allergy sufferers say that it's the non native plants and trees that have created such horrible allergies here.

I understand your need for green, and am not trying to be rude but wanting a lawn and lots of green here in AZ is like saying you want to live in FL but don't want humidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michyd View Post
That picture is beautiful, don't get me wrong...it's still too desert for us. We like the evergreens and lawns.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:39 PM

I was just asking about it because my family lives in Gilbert and I wanted to be closer to them once I started a family of my own. Figured it was worth a shot to just ask.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:36 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,654,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michyd View Post
I was just asking about it because my family lives in Gilbert and I wanted to be closer to them once I started a family of my own. Figured it was worth a shot to just ask.
I moved here from NY. After a few high water bills, I learned to enjoy, cactus and succulent gardens. We still keep a very small grass plot in the back yard for the dogs.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:11 AM

8 posts, read 17,985 times
I am not familiar with the place, but heard that it is a good place

Old 05-05-2010, 08:47 AM

39,082 posts, read 51,266,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
This is the desert and the desert isn't really suited for lawns; sure you can have one, but you'll be using a ton of water which doesn't come cheap, and it's a scarce resource here in the desert....it just doesn't make sense to me.

As a previous poster mentioned, well paying jobs in some of the 'greener places' listed are virtually non existent...people here who aren't self employed work at Home Depot and such.

Why not consider another state that has an environment that suits what you want instead of trying to change this one into something it isn't? Many allergy sufferers say that it's the non native plants and trees that have created such horrible allergies here.

I understand your need for green, and am not trying to be rude but wanting a lawn and lots of green here in AZ is like saying you want to live in FL but don't want humidity.
Wonderful advice for all considering living here.

To the OP: There's no "green" where it's green. The green towns are great for wealthy retirees and for those who can live happily on little. Otherwise, if you come to AZ you need to get your arms around the idea of living and accepting life in the deserts because that is where all the action is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona