Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 11:59 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,013,732 times

Advertisements

I can't really think of anything positive to say about Yuma and everything else has already been said. I would just like to add if you move to Yuma make sure you buy stock in some really good sunscreen, gatorade and health insurance.
Personally, I would look for an alternate place to transfer to, however, if you really must make the move I wish you the best of luck...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2007, 12:35 AM
MAB

103 posts, read 589,712 times
Bunch of city slicker sissies.LMAO
My wife didnt like yuma at first,butduring our last visits to Tucson,Phoenix and San Diego she told me that she likes Yuma better.
2 hours to get into a restaurant?
I go to lunch every friday with some coworkers and we never have to wait more than 2 minutes.
This is at noon on fridays during the winter.
Want traffic?go to san diego,LA or phoenix and get on the freeway during rush hour.

BTW my daughter goes to desert mesa and she has made great progress,her teachers are very friendly and open and the school looks great.Also the people at my church,THE RIVER are super cool and very friendly,Much better than in CA..

Ill say this,Yuma LOVE OR LEAVE IT(I know im staying )

Old 01-07-2007, 10:22 AM

121 posts, read 663,400 times
Default Yuma is still the pits...

"Want traffic?go to san diego,LA or phoenix and get on the freeway during rush hour."

Ok here is the thing about traffic. I understand traffic, lived in San Diego for few years and did the rush hour thing..but the thing is ..Yuma has grown such that they really didn't have time to prepare with the roads. It's not like LA or SD where you have this freeway connecting to this etc...In town in Yuma it's a 2 lane street with tons of stoplights, so you can't really get anywhere..your just stuck...

Old 01-08-2007, 08:30 PM
MAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imissthefall View Post
"Want traffic?go to san diego,LA or phoenix and get on the freeway during rush hour."

Ok here is the thing about traffic. I understand traffic, lived in San Diego for few years and did the rush hour thing..but the thing is ..Yuma has grown such that they really didn't have time to prepare with the roads. It's not like LA or SD where you have this freeway connecting to this etc...In town in Yuma it's a 2 lane street with tons of stoplights, so you can't really get anywhere..your just stuck...
Listen ,it doesnt compare.
When I lived in san diego I drove from La mesa to PB everyday.
Sometimes it took me over an hour to get there.Sure,the freeways connect.But they are packed.
LA is even worst

Here in Yuma theres high traffic in the winter ONLY.and traffic is mainly on 32nd or 16th street.
I live on the east side,past araby and drive to my moms house on 12th avenue on the west side in less than 20 minutes.
Since I know traffic is kinda bad on 16th I go to 4th exit there and take Ave B down to 12th.

you just gotta know how to take alternate roads.
In SD I took the 94 to the 5
took the 8
took the 52 and they were all jammed.And if it rained and there was a crash,FORGET it.you are bottle necked for 2 hours.

BTW,in which restaurant did you have to wait 2 hours in line?

Old 01-08-2007, 08:32 PM
MAB

BTW I grew up in san diego and lived there 15 years.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:58 AM

702 posts, read 3,153,646 times
Default "BTW,in which restaurant did you have to wait 2 hours in line?"

The Cracker Barrel!

Old 01-11-2007, 01:42 AM
MAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
The Cracker Barrel!
in the summer?I doubt it.

Ive had to wait two hour before,at the Olive garden in chula vista.

Old 01-11-2007, 07:38 PM

50 posts, read 296,005 times
My husband is also in the stages of a possible move because of his job--to Yuma....and we are very excited about it! Currently we live in CA(Central Valley near the Bay Area)talk about traffic, crime and the cost of homes is OUTRAGEOUS!!!! I can't WAIT to get out of the area.....the bay area moved to the valley and us locals can't afford much of anything! We've also lived in Las Vegas(for 4 years)the first summer it was SOOO HOT that I thought we would DIE---but you do get used to it(so we aren't worried about the heat)...I read with interest about the "night life" well, we're a family of 4 and my husband and I like to go out, but the "clubbing" isn't for us anymore--so not too worried about that! I am looking forward to a change of pace, the Colorado River, shopping in Mexico, and enjoying a more "relaxed" lifestyle...our world out this way is WAAYYY to chaotic! I also won't mind the "snowbirds" but what amused me was the "waiting for gas" that someone mentioned, I mean, used to THAT as well!!!!

I believe that every place has it's good/bad points and you have to take it all with a grain of salt................

He will find out next week (most likely)if he got the position, but it's looking pretty positive--

Old 01-12-2007, 01:17 AM
MAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by catpiperx View Post
My husband is also in the stages of a possible move because of his job--to Yuma....and we are very excited about it! Currently we live in CA(Central Valley near the Bay Area)talk about traffic, crime and the cost of homes is OUTRAGEOUS!!!! I can't WAIT to get out of the area.....the bay area moved to the valley and us locals can't afford much of anything! We've also lived in Las Vegas(for 4 years)the first summer it was SOOO HOT that I thought we would DIE---but you do get used to it(so we aren't worried about the heat)...I read with interest about the "night life" well, we're a family of 4 and my husband and I like to go out, but the "clubbing" isn't for us anymore--so not too worried about that! I am looking forward to a change of pace, the Colorado River, shopping in Mexico, and enjoying a more "relaxed" lifestyle...our world out this way is WAAYYY to chaotic! I also won't mind the "snowbirds" but what amused me was the "waiting for gas" that someone mentioned, I mean, used to THAT as well!!!!

I believe that every place has it's good/bad points and you have to take it all with a grain of salt................

He will find out next week (most likely)if he got the position, but it's looking pretty positive--
AWESOME
well,I hope it works out for you,and you get whatever is best for you and your family.

Waiting to gas?
I hear you though,I moved of of San Diego because of traffic,prices and crime.People that complain about snow bird traffic dont have a clue,what its like to be stuck in rush hour traffic,day after day and year after year.

Anyway,WELCOME TO YUMA

Old 01-12-2007, 01:56 AM

18 posts, read 82,960 times
In sticking with the theme of the OP, something positive about Yuma? That's a stretch, but... here goes: It's proximity to places like Algodones, Mexico and Mexico's inexpensive (read: CHEAP!) health care (including prescriptions, Drs. and dentists, etc.). No doubt a reason why there are soooo many older folks! LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona