Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 09:53 AM

3,557 posts, read 10,216,496 times

Advertisements

Ah... but it is your kind of thing.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:58 AM

108 posts, read 271,481 times
Also, the silliest thing in the ABQ/NM forum is that alot of the posters don't live in NM. They live somewhere else. They get offended when someone says something about NM they don't agree with. All the while they come in the NM forum and put their own states down. Then they say how wonderful, open and honest NM is. If they are so open and honest why don't they go to their local forums and say how they feel about their own states. I have read many posts by a certain moderator about how horrible cold it is were they live. Complaining and complaining. It's silly! I come to the forum in NM because I have problems with NM. Would it make everyone happier if I went to Austin forum and said, "don't go to NM or you'll probably get hit by one of the many drunk drivers!"

For goodness sakes I have every right to express my opinion on NM. I still own a house there. I visit there frequently. I have only left there a few months ago! It's as if I share dual residency with Texas and NM.

Rob Martinez states, "I am NOT going to move from city to city to "find happiness" or "myself" I am staying put and will make it work here."

Wow, if our founding fathers said that we'd still be British! I for one am happy they decided to look elsewhere for happiness! There is nothing wrong with travelling the globe to "find yourself".

Last edited by thirdtimesacharm; 07-15-2008 at 10:18 AM..

Old 07-15-2008, 10:07 AM

rybert says, "Ah... but it is your kind of thing."

Why? Because I come here every now and then and ask a question or make a statement.

I go to the doctor every now and then but it ain't my kinda thing!

Old 07-15-2008, 10:09 AM

You're making a pretty broad generalization about the ABQ forum. Seems unlikely that the hometown crowd in Austin wouldn't defend her honor.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEAUSTIN View Post
rybert says, "Ah... but it is your kind of thing."

Why? Because I come here every now and then and ask a question or make a statement.

I go to the doctor every now and then but it ain't my kinda thing!
You don't enjoy posting on this forum?

Old 07-15-2008, 10:12 AM

Rybert says, "You're making a pretty broad generalization about the ABQ forum."

What specifically are you talking about?????

Anyway, who cares??? This thread is old and dead!

It seems to me that some of you are just trying to start a fight and I have better things to do than beat a dead horse. So you all have at it, I'm going to enjoy the wonderful weather!

Old 07-15-2008, 10:14 AM

Rybert asks, "You don't enjoy posting on this forum?"

Actually I despise it! I only do it to try to get a few questions answered and it usually turns into a fight. People make stupid remarks and never get around to answering my questions. Not everyone does this but most do.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:20 AM

Little masochistic don't you think.

I might try the same thing on the Houston forum. I'm sure they'd love to hear about how my neighborhood smells of sewer, but that would surely lead to a skirmish with the locals. So I think I'll avoid it.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:47 AM

3,198 posts, read 12,710,770 times
Default Thread closed

Quote:
Also, the silliest thing in the ABQ/NM forum is that alot of the posters don't live in NM. They live somewhere else.
Just like you do?

Quote:
I have read many posts by a certain moderator about how horrible cold it is were they live. Complaining and complaining.
Yeah, how outrageous. Me missing mild Albuquerque winters and contrasting those with the harsh weather of winter I went through in Milwaukee this year.

Quote:
For goodness sakes I have every right to express my opinion on NM.
And so do the other "out of staters" you are criticizing. I lived in ABQ from 03 until 07...but even if I hadn't, there is no residency "qualifier" for posting here. You aren't affording others the respect that you are claiming isn't being afforded to you.

However, as you pointed out ILOVE, this thread is old, and you've noted it should be closed, thus due to your request, we'll close this one down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque