Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will win the UNM vs. NMSU game?
UNM- They're due. 1 33.33%
NMSU- UNM's _that_ bad. 1 33.33%
Neither- They'll find a way to tie.. at ZERO. 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 02:30 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,504,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
That said, what department? I might tend to agree with you if I think it's not a worthwhile area of study (though it'd have to be on par with basket weaving for this football coach). :-)
My department(s), Foreign Languages and Linguistics aren't doing well with the budget cuts. I can see why Foreign languages are not considered important since everything important is already written in American. :-) <-sarcasm marker

For the record, I am certainly not against College Athletics, ad priori, I am just critical of the way they are organized and administered vis-a-vis the mission of the University.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 12:50 AM

3,435 posts, read 7,010,683 times
The Pit is almost opened!!!!!!!!!!!!

And one of the first games in it is going to be a high school showcase.
Sponsored by Lobo Athletics and the NMAA.
November 19th I think?

Boys Basketball - (1) Espanola Valley vs. (3) Gallup

Girls Basketball - (3) Santa Fe Indian vs. Gallup

Old 10-24-2010, 12:25 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,220,222 times
Yay Lobos! They scored 20 points! And they only lost by 10.. SDSU has a good team though.

Colo State is next.. and Colo State has gotten routed in quite a few of their games.. is it possible Colo State may oversleep and not have enough men on the field, enough for the lobos to just lose by a couple?

Old 10-25-2010, 10:30 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,874,229 times
The defense looked a lot better Saturday but the penalties and mistakes kept them from a chance to win. If they can play more disciplined ball, they have a chance against CSU and Wyoming...

Old 10-26-2010, 09:11 AM

366 posts, read 1,250,169 times
If you're a UNM fan, you should be hoping they go winless. That's about the only way they'll finally bow to pressure and get rid of Locksley. If they pull out a couple wins, UNM will fool themselves into believing the program is turning around so they don't have to buy out his contract.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:35 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,220,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomName958 View Post
If they pull out a couple wins, UNM will fool themselves into believing the program is turning around so they don't have to buy out his contract.
I don't think I'm the only one who thinks UNM will still think the program is turning around, even if the lobos do go winless.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:28 PM

16,415 posts, read 30,457,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
The defense looked a lot better Saturday but the penalties and mistakes kept them from a chance to win. If they can play more disciplined ball, they have a chance against CSU and Wyoming...
Generally, if I am in a western city over the weekend, I will stop in and see a football game.

I was at one of the hotels near the airport Saturday night and could see the lights from the field. I just could not pull out the wallet and spend the $15 to see such a mediocre game ... and seeing the size of the crowd, I was not alone.

It seemed that much of the crowd left the game to watch SF clinch the NL crown.

Did get to see the officiating crew. Even they looked like they were glad to see the game end.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:57 PM

17 posts, read 32,499 times
Locks will be fired at the end of the year, not in the middle of the season. Krebs has already stated he does not like to fire coaches in the middle of the season.

Also, Men and women cross country swept the MWC titles for the second straight year. Both are ranked in the top ten of the country.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:24 PM

16,415 posts, read 30,457,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestx2010 View Post
Locks will be fired at the end of the year, not in the middle of the season. Krebs has already stated he does not like to fire coaches in the middle of the season.

Also, Men and women cross country swept the MWC titles for the second straight year. Both are ranked in the top ten of the country.
That is great but football and basketball pay the bills in nearly every program. Football attendance is down, what 20% from highs.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:44 AM

366 posts, read 1,250,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Football attendance is down, what 20% from highs.
They should do what KU does (if they don't already). In order to buy student season tickets to basketball, you had to buy them for football too. Tickets were only $3 per game for students, so it was only another $18. A lot of people went even the years we weren't very good since they already had the tickets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque