Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 10:13 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,565,416 times

Advertisements

Many of the Aleuts were enlisted into the Alaska Territorial Guard. They watched/spied on Japanese movements and served with distinction as the home
Guard. They were however robbed of pensions until a few years back when Stevens and Young were able to get them restored, but sixty years was way too long!

There is a lot of good things the Alaska Native Corporations (Tribes if you will) have done in the modern world as well and I think some of them have been stellar! Many of the corporations are international in their business dealings and that is pretty good! The Corporation members that want to go to college can do so for free and they can take that education with them either back to the Village or out into the World!

But there isn't any race at on time in history hasn't been run over by another at some point in time. World is getting smaller and everyone is Mixing slowly. If we don't blow ourselves off the Planet, in another Century or two, you'll be hard pressed to find any "one" race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 03:04 AM

355 posts, read 508,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
But there isn't any race at on time in history hasn't been run over by another at some point in time. World is getting smaller and everyone is Mixing slowly. If we don't blow ourselves off the Planet, in another Century or two, you'll be hard pressed to find any "one" race.
Wasnt that on South Park? "They took our jobs!"

Old 11-05-2011, 05:03 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,876,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
I think you're right about filmed in WA. Man, I liked that show. Can't even find it on reruns.
I actually found Northern Exposure in "half price" book store an entire season... even came with a zipped up cover that looks like a parka... I actually bought it as a present for my ex but he left it behind... his loss my gain... I know it's WA but I loved the characters in the show..

Old 11-05-2011, 05:15 AM

6,424 posts, read 13,244,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
I actually found Northern Exposure in "half price" book store an entire season... even came with a zipped up cover that looks like a parka... I actually bought it as a present for my ex but he left it behind... his loss my gain... I know it's WA but I loved the characters in the show..
Guess I'll have to start hunting for it again.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:36 AM

370 posts, read 882,491 times
Quote:
Hello,

Thank you for this information. I went to their site and selected each season as an individual order and chose all six seasons. I think I will try to watch most of them before I mail them to my mom for a Christmas gift.

Right, gotta make sure they are all good quality?

There is an actual store for that company less than a quarter mile from my front door but, the online has more options.

Jen

Old 11-05-2011, 06:11 AM

635 posts, read 1,655,352 times
Quote:
Oh I loved that show. The Native gal that worked for him was my favorite character. Her flat facial expressions made the part seem almost comical.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:44 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,876,376 times
Default Yes must test the merchandise LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gennaver View Post
Hello,

Thank you for this information. I went to their site and selected each season as an individual order and chose all six seasons. I think I will try to watch most of them before I mail them to my mom for a Christmas gift.

Right, gotta make sure they are all good quality?

There is an actual store for that company less than a quarter mile from my front door but, the online has more options.

Jen
since reading these posts the theme song is playing in my head... AHHH... LOL

Old 11-06-2011, 04:36 AM

370 posts, read 882,491 times
Quote:
since reading these posts the theme song is playing in my head... AHHH... LOL
Suddenly I can hear it too.

Jen
p.s. I guess the seller of season 4 that I chose has sold but, the website sent me an email alerting me of other sellers for it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska