Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 01:12 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times

Advertisements

Does banned mean banned? or is there a time limit on it. We have a poster that was banned but is back now. Curious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2006, 01:37 PM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
You can be banned for several days as a warning or can be banned permanently.

Old 12-23-2006, 06:01 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,584 times
Default Banned Members...

How long does one stay banned? The reason I ask is I was having a great discussion with 2 members and for some unkown reason they were both banned, I think the same day. Can a ban be lifted? I really don't agree with one of the members, but it was fun to disagree. Although I don't know why she was banned, she never disrespected anyone, she just stated her twisted views, and I think she's entitled to. Moderators??

Old 12-23-2006, 06:35 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noljos View Post
How long does one stay banned? The reason I ask is I was having a great discussion with 2 members and for some unkown reason they were both banned, I think the same day. Can a ban be lifted? I really don't agree with one of the members, but it was fun to disagree. Although I don't know why she was banned, she never disrespected anyone, she just stated her twisted views, and I think she's entitled to. Moderators??
Noljos, do you mean Sweattea and The Cuban? If you do, I noticed they were banned as well and was quite shocked. I can't imagine what provoked that. I hope it's a "temporary" ban as yac had explained some bans may be temporary and not permanent IP blocks.
If it's Kdm...well...I understand that ban. Pretty clear.
I hope though that the other two are allowed back, although I recognize and am aware that we're not privy to the reason for the banning. I just hope it was temporary as one person who's speech would be illegal in Austria, Germany, and France (hint hint hint hint) is only on restriction!
Guess it's left to the better judgement of those who can see behind the scenes...

Old 12-23-2006, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Noljos, do you mean Sweattea and The Cuban? If you do, I noticed they were banned as well and was quite shocked. I can't imagine what provoked that. I hope it's a "temporary" ban as yac had explained some bans may be temporary and not permanent IP blocks.
If it's Kdm...well...I understand that ban. Pretty clear.
I hope though that the other two are allowed back, although I recognize and am aware that we're not privy to the reason for the banning. I just hope it was temporary as one person who's speech would be illegal in Austria, Germany, and France (hint hint hint hint) is only on restriction!
Guess it's left to the better judgement of those who can see behind the scenes...
Momark, you're right on the mark. No pun intended. It is Sweattea and The Cuban that I speak of. From my point of view, they did nothing to warrant a ban. Now, can a PM or email get you banned? That's all I can think of.

Old 12-23-2006, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I just hope it was temporary as one person who's speech would be illegal in Austria, Germany, and France (hint hint hint hint) is only on restriction!

I know who you speak of.

Old 12-23-2006, 07:05 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,475,856 times
It must have been I don't see nothing that warrents a ban on them. But I'm Not a mediator either. They should post the ban rules too though. The Cuban And Sweattea Where very good to debate with and get good info from. Most very accurate too.

Old 12-23-2006, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
It must have been I don't see nothing that warrents a ban on them. But I'm Not a mediator either. They should post the ban rules too though. The Cuban And Sweattea Where very good to debate with and get good info from. Most very accurate too.
Thank You!! Or at least a general reason why they were banned. A request to lift The Cuban And Sweattea's ban. Pretty please, or my latest post is obsolete.

Old 12-23-2006, 07:14 PM

3,177 posts, read 2,744,612 times
I'll look into into it...

Old 12-23-2006, 07:16 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
At times I wonder just how strict the moderators truly are with banishment! I actually stopped debating on the NJ forum because I was afraid that the NJ members who disagreed with me would band together and request that I be banned from these forums, which I love. If you look back at my comments on certain threads on the NJ forum, you'll notice that they were all meant to provoke THOUGHT and DEBATE, not outrage or flaring tempers. I received a number of red dots and was called names, yet I never stooped down to that same level and did not reciprocate with the negative reputations or the juvenile antics. Nevertheless, I didn't know just how much "clout" the NJ forum had, so now I'm avoiding it like the plague! At least on the PA forum, when someone comes on with a differing point of view, we don't bash him/her until they're at the end of their ropes, as was done to me in NJ!

Since I don't want to get banned, I'm ducking out of the NJ forum permanently. However, I hope I left them with a few reflections on themselves---Whining that they can't survive on $150,000 incomes while some people near me are truly starving. There's a big difference between not being able to "keep up" and not being able to nourish your family, which was the point that I was trying to make and nobody got. Oh well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum