Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 12:43 PM

3,177 posts, read 2,748,365 times

Advertisements

Sent you the info by PM. The Dufferz made the choice to stop being a "real" member here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2007, 06:48 PM

148 posts, read 1,229,604 times
Wow; VERY interesting. Thanks for the clarification.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:58 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,056,547 times
Can someone tell me what happened?
The Dufferz is also missed in the Politics forum.

Old 01-16-2007, 02:54 PM

106 posts, read 583,574 times
Unhappy Rod Farlee--Might Be Dead

It seems that Rod Farlee has disappeared from the city-data forums. In fact, it looks like every post he ever made has disappeared as well. Why would all the messages disappear???

I was talking to him about Moscow, Idaho, and now everything that he ever said is missing. Why would that be?

Sheesh, I hope this post doesn't disappear too.

Old 01-16-2007, 03:14 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,287,541 times
Now that's odd. I was hoping he'd become the forum mod for Idaho.

Old 01-17-2007, 08:38 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,191,157 times
Seems a little strange!! If you look seems that many have disappeared. Were are they going and do the rest of us have cause too worry?

Old 01-17-2007, 08:59 AM

318 posts, read 1,318,063 times
Yes, Rod Farlee has disappeared. According to an email I received he and several others no longer have access to this site. So they are going elsewhere. The person who sent the email is claiming "Free Speech" is the isssue.

I'm not going to elaborate on it further.

Izzy

Old 01-17-2007, 09:59 AM

1,307 posts, read 5,508,750 times
If someone comes into my house and start talking trash, I'm going to kick them out of my house. They may have the right of free speech, but I have the power to exclude them. Tough beans.

Old 01-17-2007, 10:10 AM

3,177 posts, read 2,748,365 times
A few of the last members mentioned here decided that organized and extensive PM spam was an acceptable behavior on this forum. There is no worry that a member might be banned for something unintentional, that's not what happened here.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:25 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,641,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
At times I wonder just how strict the moderators truly are with banishment! I actually stopped debating on the NJ forum because I was afraid that the NJ members who disagreed with me would band together and request that I be banned from these forums, which I love. If you look back at my comments on certain threads on the NJ forum, you'll notice that they were all meant to provoke THOUGHT and DEBATE, not outrage or flaring tempers. I received a number of red dots and was called names, yet I never stooped down to that same level and did not reciprocate with the negative reputations or the juvenile antics. Nevertheless, I didn't know just how much "clout" the NJ forum had, so now I'm avoiding it like the plague! At least on the PA forum, when someone comes on with a differing point of view, we don't bash him/her until they're at the end of their ropes, as was done to me in NJ!

Since I don't want to get banned, I'm ducking out of the NJ forum permanently. However, I hope I left them with a few reflections on themselves---Whining that they can't survive on $150,000 incomes while some people near me are truly starving. There's a big difference between not being able to "keep up" and not being able to nourish your family, which was the point that I was trying to make and nobody got. Oh well!
Come on back to the NJ thread. What are ya chicken. Of course I'm just kidding. First off I don't think you can get the people on the NJ forum to ban together on anything. If you read what's posted there it's basically the same thing all the time. I debated the "I can't live in NJ on 150K a year" with little results. The NJ is corrupt thread has been beat into the dirt. My reply is we all know it. Now what are you going to do about it? I'm sick of the dancing around the "worst place to live debate" I've told people to say what they really mean as in don't move there because it's full of blacks or hispanics. I live in NJ and am well aware of the ills. I've received warnings about calling a spade a spade here at Citi-Data but I'll say this. One person I called out on it is now gone. Maybe it took a while for everyone else to see what was crystal clear to me from day one. To you I say don't give up. I've said it before one of my goals is to get people to think and maybe once in a while laugh. Don't take things as gospel because it's posted here. Ask questions and investigate. If we all agreed on every topic the world would be a very dull place. Some people automatically think if you state a different opinion than theirs you are trying to flame them or get into a fight with them. I say that's just a close minded person who may be afraid to debate or worse yet may have to admit that they were wrong. If one can prove to me I'm wrong on a topic I will say thank you for the free education! Anyway don't give up hope, all is not bad. If push comes to shove you always have the ignore button! Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum