Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 01:00 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Page View Post
Hi,
My problem is my cat pees on the tile floor + the door mat near her litter tray-not exclusively but certainly on a daily basis. We have just moved but she used to do it on a strip of carpet just outside the bathroom where her litter tray was. You think the Feliway collar will help?
Is she declawed?
I hope the answer is no. If she is, the litter could be causing discomfort and she's reluctant to use it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 08:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,590 times
Hi I have a 2 1/2 year old exotic short hair. He is so sweet and calm but sometimes does pee on my weights or in the hall carpet. Can anyone help with this. I am planning to buy new carpets and really dont want them ruined

Old 01-19-2016, 06:10 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,981,249 times
birdiegirl424....it's an issue so many of us face -- fortunately the cause is figured out eventually (usually anyway).

First, how often is "sometimes"? And is this something that has just started or has it been going on during your kitty's entire life?

Second, more often than not inappropriate peeing can be because of a medical issue - it's a way that cats tell us something isn't quite right. Has your boy been to the vet lately?

Third, is he neutered?

Fourth, does he use the same spot on the hall carpet or anywhere in the hall? Where do you keep your weights?

Fifth, it's presumed he does use a litterbox usually ... how many do you have? Location? How often do you scoop?

And last, what do you use to clean up the pee? When we clean it up to the satisfaction of our noses, that's never enough. An enzymatic product like Natures Miracle is necessary. I first use hydrogen peroxide on the floor and the wall (tested it first on a hidden place to make sure it didn't discolor the carpet and paint), then blot that up with paper towels. Then I use Natures Miracle on the wall and floor.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 851 times
I recently adopted two cats from an owner, I was told that their old cat was peeing on the carpet and they need to find the other two a new home. Well, I took them thinking it was the old sick cat but to find out one or both of the cats do and I'm sure its for a few reasons, anxiety, and territory, I don't know which one peed all over my chair, sofa cushions, lucky I was able to take the covers off and wash them and I tried the product for urine on the carpet but they still continue to go there. I will have to give one up because it's giving me anxiety. I have tried that collar only, still peeing, so now I have to keep them in the bathroom when I'm at work, when I'm home, my anxiety level goes up because I'm afraid they will find other places to go. I have purchase the diffusers, so I will see how that works. My question to anyone, what can I use to get rid of the pee so they cannot smell it and go again

Old 05-02-2018, 09:40 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a04sorcy View Post
I recently adopted two cats from an owner, I was told that their old cat was peeing on the carpet and they need to find the other two a new home. Well, I took them thinking it was the old sick cat but to find out one or both of the cats do and I'm sure its for a few reasons, anxiety, and territory, I don't know which one peed all over my chair, sofa cushions, lucky I was able to take the covers off and wash them and I tried the product for urine on the carpet but they still continue to go there. I will have to give one up because it's giving me anxiety. I have tried that collar only, still peeing, so now I have to keep them in the bathroom when I'm at work, when I'm home, my anxiety level goes up because I'm afraid they will find other places to go. I have purchase the diffusers, so I will see how that works. My question to anyone, what can I use to get rid of the pee so they cannot smell it and go again

Try Odo -Ban. You can buy it at most supermarkets, it is an excellent stain/odor remover. I have not had to use it on urine, thank goodness, but for other stains it works very well. CLR has a cleaner that is also very good on carpets and fabrics, but don't overdo it. Best to spray, sponge, spray, sponge. Wait until it is dry and vacuum.

Old 05-02-2018, 12:24 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a04sorcy View Post
Cleaning it up is only half of the problem. You need to find out why they're doing it, and do whatever it takes to stop it. First question is- are they spayed/neutered? If not, you need to have it done. Heat cycles will make the territorial marking/urinating much worse. They may not be peeing outside the box, but rather marking/spraying. There's a difference in those behaviors.
It could be stress of a new home, but it seems they were doing it at their previous one too, so doubt that is it. If you haven't taken them in for a vet check-up, please do so to rule out a medical problem like a urinary tract infection.
Those would be my best suggestions with the info you provided. There could be other reasons/causes for the inappropriate peeing, but without more info on their behavior, it's hard to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats