Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2023, 05:08 PM

19,514 posts, read 9,537,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
Yes, that stretch has been a mess for years. Hopefully the construction happening now will help remedy this once it’s done. I think the idea is to have two through lanes on each side the entire way, as opposed to having to switch lanes to go straight near Foxcroft Ave/I-81.
Hope so. Time will tell. You get those big rigs and then that train coming through at the same time .

Hopefully soon they’ll also get that one lane closure leaving the Commons - Target fixed before Thanksgiving?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2023, 06:04 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Sounds like we used to run inthe same circles . I too, used to stop at a Sheetz in Brunswick. Mostly on the way home. I take it this is the one across the street from McDonalds? If anything, for remodeling, this Sheetz really needed more parking.
That's the one. We used to live near Dulles Airport in Chantilly, VA and went to Baltimore almost every weekend to care for Mom by buying her groceries and taking her out for crabcakes. It was 60 miles each way via I-66, Capital Beltway, and I-95. That route was akin to combat driving so we'd take the 100-mile each way scenic route up through Leesburg, up 287 to Brunswick, then 340 to Frederick, then I-70 to Baltimore; a lot less drama that way. The Sheetz lot was always busy. I used to love the Roy Rogers in Brunswick, the Double R Bar Burger was the bomb as well as their strawberry shakes.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-03-2023, 11:40 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,510,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Hope so. Time will tell. You get those big rigs and then that train coming through at the same time .

Hopefully soon they’ll also get that one lane closure leaving the Commons - Target fixed before Thanksgiving?
Good news! Looks like they’re going to start paving that section next week:

Alert Berkeley:
The right lane will be closed on Apple Harvest Drive, WV 45, in Berkeley County, from the entrance to the Commons to the entrance of Sheetz, between the hours of 8 p.m. to 6 a.m., beginning Sunday, November 5, 2023, through Friday, November 10, 2023, to allow for paving operations. Work is being done at night to minimize the impact on traffic. Motorists are advised to stay alert and travel with caution through the work zone. Exact schedule is weather dependent.

Old 11-03-2023, 11:58 AM

19,514 posts, read 9,537,245 times
Oh good Thanks for the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
Good news! Looks like they’re going to start paving that section next week:

Alert Berkeley:
The right lane will be closed on Apple Harvest Drive, WV 45, in Berkeley County, from the entrance to the Commons to the entrance of Sheetz, between the hours of 8 p.m. to 6 a.m., beginning Sunday, November 5, 2023, through Friday, November 10, 2023, to allow for paving operations. Work is being done at night to minimize the impact on traffic. Motorists are advised to stay alert and travel with caution through the work zone. Exact schedule is weather dependent.

Old 12-09-2023, 07:06 AM

22 posts, read 27,929 times
The new Tudor Biscuit world is now open in Inwood and looks to be hit, very busy when you drive by with cars wrapped around the drive thru. I understand there is supposed to be a new restaurant going in the Food Lion shopping plaza off the Marlowe exit, I wonder if this will possibly be another location?

Old 12-10-2023, 08:53 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,510,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvbrown View Post
The new Tudor Biscuit world is now open in Inwood and looks to be hit, very busy when you drive by with cars wrapped around the drive thru. I understand there is supposed to be a new restaurant going in the Food Lion shopping plaza off the Marlowe exit, I wonder if this will possibly be another location?
That would be wonderful. The pad to the left of the AC&T would be perfect for it.

Speaking of the Falling Waters exit, a developer is going through the permitting process to build a McDonalds. It will be on the empty land across the street from Food Lion and to the left of the fireworks store.

https://www.berkeleywv.org/AgendaCen.../_10162023-739

Old 12-11-2023, 02:27 PM

Between the retail and residential developments that area is really growing and becoming quite busy - it is amazing to see how much this county has grown over the last 20+ years and will be really interesting to see where it will be in another 20.

Old 02-27-2024, 07:42 AM

We were in the Spring Mills area recently and saw that there is a lot of excavation work being done around the old Motel 6 building across the road from Walmart - any ideas what the site work is for?

Old 04-10-2024, 05:31 AM

6,077 posts, read 9,104,352 times
Looks like the state is going to do a little bit of improving along 9 between Martinsburg and Hedgesville, but is it enough?

Probably not. The state really needs a comprehensive plan for the entire Panhandle. They have always reacted to traffic needs instead of being proactive.

https://wvmetronews.com/2024/04/09/g...rkeley-county/

Old 04-10-2024, 08:12 PM

4,954 posts, read 8,950,320 times
The state just needs to let the counties have a sales tax that goes toward maintaining roads. This way, your more populous counties could generate the revenue that they need for the higher amount of wear and tear on the roads. Higher population growth would be rewarded as it would help to generate more revenue this way. Unfortunately, our state wants central control of everything and it fears anything seen as urban or metropolitan. Until our state learns how to support its larger cities and help them grow rather than fearing them and holding them back, our state will continue to decline. Our future is very closely linked to our larger cities. As go our cities, so goes the rest of the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia