Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2023, 08:02 PM

1,383 posts, read 2,509,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
It gets really crazy around those two traffic lights by the exit lanes to I-81 and Foxcroft Ave/The Commons, especially with the huge trucks. I know we need them for transportation of goods but maybe there’s other ways to direct them with alternate roads that will make it easier for both?

Retiming of the traffic lights by Foxcroft? Another way from near Lowes down to the shopping (Walmart, etcetera)?
People still confused which lane they need/want to be in - last minute lane changes. Not sure how to correct?
I agree, it’s a mess. They are currently adding a lane in each direction on Apple Harvest Drive between I-81 and the Queen Street interchange. This will allow for more through lanes the entire route, which means (in theory) less lane-changing if you’re going straight through. I don’t think it will be the solution for all of the traffic issues, but it’s a good start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2023, 04:29 PM

19,503 posts, read 9,528,287 times
Does anyone know why the Sheetz (nearest Foxcroft Centre) was completely torn down?
I can’t imagine it was for lack of business as it was always quite busy.

Old 04-27-2023, 05:28 PM

6,071 posts, read 9,093,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Does anyone know why the Sheetz (nearest Foxcroft Centre) was completely torn down?
I can’t imagine it was for lack of business as it was always quite busy.
Sheetz has been rebuilding a lot of their older stores. I would guess that is the case with that location.

Old 04-27-2023, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Sheetz has been rebuilding a lot of their older stores. I would guess that is the case with that location.
This is correct. It’s a full rebuild of the store and fueling area. I imagine they’ll add all of the bells and whistles, like a drive thru.

Old 04-29-2023, 07:19 AM

Thanks to those that replied. It looked better than some of the older ones I had been in. Anyways good to know that we’re not losing it, even though gas prices seem kinda higher at Sheetz but there are a few around town that had listed prices on the marquee that was sometimes even higher.

Old 05-01-2023, 11:16 AM

22 posts, read 27,199 times
A little late but on the subject of convenience stores I have heard rumors that Royal Farms is looking to put another location in Berkeley County on route 9 around ROC's/Rutters.

Old 05-01-2023, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvbrown View Post
A little late but on the subject of convenience stores I have heard rumors that Royal Farms is looking to put another location in Berkeley County on route 9 around ROC's/Rutters.
I’m hearing this as well. I haven’t seen it in a planning commission meeting yet, so it may be in the earliest stages. Royal Farms’ second location recently received final approval from the City of Martinsburg in the new Weis development across from The Commons.

Old 05-02-2023, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
I’m hearing this as well. I haven’t seen it in a planning commission meeting yet, so it may be in the earliest stages. Royal Farms’ second location recently received final approval from the City of Martinsburg in the new Weis development across from The Commons.
Sheesh, do they really need another one that close by? I could see if RF was down by the Ranson/Charles Town area. I’ve heard of store closings because they had so many and usually they’ve been further apart. Of course Starbucks comes to mind when they build so close together. Reminds me of a Lewis Black rant how that would work for people with memory issues. Anyone else recall that skit from Lewis Black?

Old 05-03-2023, 10:20 AM

22 posts, read 27,199 times
I do not recall the skit but he is definitely funny and I can just imagine, lol. It's hard to believe that Royal Farms could go from having nothing in the area to potentially three stores in the span of just a couple of years. I am also now hearing that this new location will probably be where the Heffle car dealership currently is - if that's the case that stretch of road and intersection is going to be very busy.

Old 05-04-2023, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvbrown View Post
I do not recall the skit but he is definitely funny and I can just imagine, lol. It's hard to believe that Royal Farms could go from having nothing in the area to potentially three stores in the span of just a couple of years. I am also now hearing that this new location will probably be where the Heffle car dealership currently is - if that's the case that stretch of road and intersection is going to be very busy.
BFS is doing the same thing. They opened the first in Spring Mills last year and are planning one off exit 16 behind the Exxon. Rutter’s has two locations and I’m sure a third one is coming. Wawa is proposed for Butler’s Crossing in Inwood. We’re becoming quite the melting pot for regional gas/convenience store chains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia