Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 08:44 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,490,760 times

Advertisements

Raleigh & Greenbrier with their first cases

https://www.register-herald.com/heal...65feae777.html

Quote:
In the interest of protecting patient privacy, Beckley-Raleigh Health Department Administrator Candance Hurd did not provide specific case information about the first confirmed case of COVID-19 in the county Thursday, but she did offer public health guidance.

Greenbrier County health officials did provide some information on Greenbrier County's first case, saying the person has been self-isolating and is recovering at home.

The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources reported late Wednesday that public health workers had detected Raleigh County's first case. The Greenbrier County Health Department reported Thursday that health workers had detected a case in Greenbrier County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2020, 08:20 AM

4,952 posts, read 8,947,084 times
First case in Cabell County:

https://www.herald-dispatch.com/coro...6ccb1e600.html

Old 03-30-2020, 10:12 AM

1st COVID-19 related death in Marion County; state cases up to 124

Quote:
88-year-old Marion County woman is West Virginia’s first coronavirus death; confirmed cases up to 124

CLARKSBURG, W.Va. — An 88-year-old Marion County woman died Sunday at a Clarksburg hospital as a result of covid-19, state DHHR Secretary Bill Crouch announced Sunday evening.

Crouch said the death, the first one in West Virginia associated with the coronavirus covid-19 public health emergency, was confirmed through both the Marion County Health Department and United Hospital Center.

WV MetroNews 88-year-old Marion County woman is West Virginia's first coronavirus death; confirmed cases up to 124 - WV MetroNews

Old 04-01-2020, 01:43 PM

The governor is extending the mandatory school closure to April 30th and moving the primary election to June 9th.

https://www.register-herald.com/heal...cde510cba.html

https://www.register-herald.com/heal...843516baf.html

Old 04-03-2020, 03:37 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,279,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattec View Post
The governor is extending the mandatory school closure to April 30th and moving the primary election to June 9th.

https://www.register-herald.com/heal...cde510cba.html

https://www.register-herald.com/heal...843516baf.html
From what I seen this morning they Need to OPEN Schools! I counted 5 cars PACKED with Teens Driving around yelling at people walking.... in my case on mobility scooter & another person on a bike!
Kids that should be in their Own Homes NOT joy riding around with class mates!
In Wies I saw a child about 10 helping her mom shop... Mom had on mask & gloves Kid Didn't! Mom stayed back while sending child to get what she needed Even into groups of people

Old 04-03-2020, 04:07 PM

456 posts, read 602,265 times
People amaze me. I have friends calling to check on me asking if I need anything and their whole family is at the store. I'm very high risk and wouldn't be going out for at least a few weeks.I've been out 3 times in 5 weeks. Once to get medication and 4 weeks ago to get supplies. I did go for a drive but didn't get out of my car at all. I have friends that don't understand why I wouldn't let them come over. I wouldn't visit anyone even when all my immediate family has been lucky and working from home. One has to work in a federal building but it is mostly empty. I tell my family how lucky we are to be healthy and home as well as having jobs.

Old 04-03-2020, 05:31 PM

6,575 posts, read 4,964,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D T WV MOUNTAINS View Post
People amaze me. I have friends calling to check on me asking if I need anything and their whole family is at the store. I'm very high risk and wouldn't be going out for at least a few weeks.I've been out 3 times in 5 weeks. Once to get medication and 4 weeks ago to get supplies. I did go for a drive but didn't get out of my car at all. I have friends that don't understand why I wouldn't let them come over. I wouldn't visit anyone even when all my immediate family has been lucky and working from home. One has to work in a federal building but it is mostly empty. I tell my family how lucky we are to be healthy and home as well as having jobs.
I had a friend text asking if I needed help. She had just come back from a week in FL and for that alone, I declined. Then she mentioned how happy she was that her son didn't have the virus. Wait, what?!

Old 04-05-2020, 07:40 AM

16,665 posts, read 15,658,096 times
The stricter rules have been expanded to include Kanawha, Harrison and Monongalia counties. The Governor's order is on all the news sites I've seen this morning.

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Governor Jim Justice has added three additional counties to an executive order issued Friday, putting more restrictions in place for the people who reside there, due to COVID-19.
Governor Justice tells WSAZ he is placing Kanawha, Harrison and Monongalia counties under that executive order.
Berkeley, Jefferson and Morgan counties were placed under the order Friday.
Governor Justice says these six counties account for more than 50 percent of the total positive cases of COVID-19 in West Virginia.
The order limits groups to a maximum of five people. It also directs all businesses to require employees to work from home to the maximum extent possible.
In addition, the order directs local health departments to establish the maximum occupancy of and proper social distance within essential businesses and taking action to enforce these health regulations.
Under the order, members of the West Virginia National Guard provide logistical support and services to assist county agencies. The West Virginia State Police assists with enforcement of local county orders.

Old 04-10-2020, 07:51 PM

110 posts, read 224,195 times
Interesting correlation in WV between interstate highways and Covid-19 cases. Figures are April 10, 2020.

Eastern Panhandle I81: Berkley 89, Jefferson 46, and Morgan above Berkley only 5.
Going down the VA border from Hampshire 3 to Monroe 1, the counties have 0 to 3 cases

PA border I79 South: Monongalia 78, Marion 32, and Harrison 28. At the border: Preston 6
But south Lewis 2, east Taylor 3, Barbour 4, Upshur 3. On the west Doddridge 0.

Northern Panhandle I70: Hancock 7, Brooke 3, Ohio 21, Marshall 6.
Along the Ohio River: Wetzel 3, Tyler 3, Pleasants 1.

I77 cuts thru Wood 18, and curves thru Jackson 23 to Kanawha 82.

West of Kanawha are Putnam 7 and Mason 10 on the river.
I64 West- Kanawha to Huntington, Cabell 21 and Wayne 17.

Going South and East there are fewer cases:
I64 East/I77 South- to Beckly in Raleigh 5 then I64 East Summers 0 and Greenbrier 3.
I77 South- Mercer 8 but the counties on either side have 0 and 1.
On the Va border McDowell 4 cases.

I think there are still 11 counties with 0 cases.
Would be interesting to see if rural areas of MD, Ohio, PA, and VA have the same correlation.

Old 04-11-2020, 09:22 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,880,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillsAndTrees View Post
Interesting correlation in WV between interstate highways and Covid-19 cases. Figures are April 10, 2020.

Eastern Panhandle I81: Berkley 89, Jefferson 46, and Morgan above Berkley only 5.
Going down the VA border from Hampshire 3 to Monroe 1, the counties have 0 to 3 cases

PA border I79 South: Monongalia 78, Marion 32, and Harrison 28. At the border: Preston 6
But south Lewis 2, east Taylor 3, Barbour 4, Upshur 3. On the west Doddridge 0.

Northern Panhandle I70: Hancock 7, Brooke 3, Ohio 21, Marshall 6.
Along the Ohio River: Wetzel 3, Tyler 3, Pleasants 1.

I77 cuts thru Wood 18, and curves thru Jackson 23 to Kanawha 82.

West of Kanawha are Putnam 7 and Mason 10 on the river.
I64 West- Kanawha to Huntington, Cabell 21 and Wayne 17.

Going South and East there are fewer cases:
I64 East/I77 South- to Beckly in Raleigh 5 then I64 East Summers 0 and Greenbrier 3.
I77 South- Mercer 8 but the counties on either side have 0 and 1.
On the Va border McDowell 4 cases.

I think there are still 11 counties with 0 cases.
Would be interesting to see if rural areas of MD, Ohio, PA, and VA have the same correlation.
Quite interesting. Thanks for putting this together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia