Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2024, 04:07 AM

2 posts, read 1,560 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am new to the area but originally from Alaska. After four years of living in Italy, I will return to the States and be stationed at JBLM (for maybe a year or two before I retire). I thought I was set on Puyallup as my home base because of its central location of getting to Sea-Tac-JBLM by the 512 and I-5, but it might be null and void because traffic is a burden either way.

For reference, in UP, I was looking at the Bridgepoint area near Whole Foods, which provides many day-to-day options. In Pyullup, I was looking at the Frederickson area, Canyon Rd/176th, just West of Meridian.

Now, my question is, which offers more with "less" traffic? I know the I-5 can be backed up from traffic, but is it bad to and from JBLM? How does the drive from UP to Seattle and the surrounding areas compare to Puyallup?

Any input and advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2024, 08:55 AM

8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times
Hi Subie! If it were me, I’d live in University Place: closer to JBLM, and closer to Puget Sound. You can always choose to go to Seattle during times when traffic isn’t as bad, but you can’t choose when to go to work. Being south of Tacoma will really help your work commute.

Old 02-13-2024, 12:19 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
Keep both options open and see what you can find in each.

Both options have multiple back ways.... From University Place you can go down Bridgeport or Steilacoom Blvd... and potentially avoid the freeway... and from Puyallup, you can access the base from the back side through Spanaway on several good secondary routes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington