Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2023, 08:15 AM

1,499 posts, read 1,677,311 times

Advertisements

Why do you not rant about Republicans who are also refusing to lower the speed limit? You also conveniently ignore their role in the Snake River dam removals proposals. Share the blame around a bit at everyone who is contributing or you look more like someone who is merely parroting the ideas of partisan wingnut media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2023, 10:23 AM

1,369 posts, read 715,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Those people shooting at me are from WESTERN WASHINGTON and probably left wing liberals.

On a serious note, I avoid people from western Washington. They are NUTS.

They come over here and tell ME about the LAW. One told me my dog had to be on leash on a National Forest trail. He was adamant. I told him he was wrong, and then he said "how do you know"??

My answer was simple...."I wrote the regulation".

I run into a nut case from western Washington at the minimum once a year. They really want to tell me how to live my life over here.

Is there an problem with lack of oxygen to the brain when you drive over a Cascade pass??
Don’t get mad, 509. This isn’t a serious discussion for me. I’m just playing around and trying to show you how political positions can easily be postured in ways opposite to the running narrative.

I maintain, however, that a true freedom lover would drive 55 if they wanted to save gas and let others do what they want (drive hybrids/electric or pay more).

Turn on your hazards if you like and put up a sign saying ‘fuel trouble’. People will understand and go around you.

Old 07-21-2023, 11:39 AM

1,066 posts, read 894,023 times
Should be simple to get a couple of cams and report all the liberals shooting at you with video evidence. The boys in blue will back you for sure!

Old 07-21-2023, 04:55 PM
509 509 started this thread

6,321 posts, read 7,060,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusVelo View Post
Should be simple to get a couple of cams and report all the liberals shooting at you with video evidence. The boys in blue will back you for sure!
A few years ago, gang members from western Washington in a initiation rite, were required to drive to eastern Washington and kill somebody. The found a gun store north of Wenatchee, walked in and shot and killed the owner.

He was aware something was not right, and wrote down the cars license number on the counter and they were quickly arrested.

He, however, has still been dead all these years.

Old 07-21-2023, 08:13 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,088,575 times
Out here in my area we receive lots of tourist and elderly drivers that like to go about 2/3rds of the speed limit so they can either enjoy the view or are just have bad driving skills.
They do this and constantly pass pullouts that allow passing while people are building up behind them.
This is unsafe driving and I hope that all drivers go at least the speed limit.
I’ve seen impatient drivers commit unsafe passing violations trying to pass these people.
Driving slower than the posted limit is a recipe for a car accident.

Old 07-21-2023, 09:32 PM

1,066 posts, read 894,023 times
Quote:
a few years ago, gang members from western washington in a initiation rite, were required to drive to eastern washington and kill somebody. The found a gun store north of wenatchee, walked in and shot and killed the owner.

He was aware something was not right, and wrote down the cars license number on the counter and they were quickly arrested.

He, however, has still been dead all these years.
1997?

These initiation things tend to be urban legends.

Old 07-26-2023, 03:37 PM

Quote:
1997?

Nope, that guy is still dead.

Old 07-26-2023, 03:44 PM

Quote:
1997?

Nope, that guy is still dead.

Here is the link to the Seattle paper archives.

https://archive.seattletimes.com/arc...5&slug=2525593

The Wenatchee World did mention the gang initiation and the requirement that they kill somebody in eastern Washington. The gun shop was out of town next to a shooting range. But unfortunately, the Wenatchee World does not have a on-line archive.

In our case, that was a rural legend. These days it would be a urban legend.

Old 07-28-2023, 10:18 AM

6,261 posts, read 3,423,046 times
Quote:
Their NOT incompetent. That is the goal, to reduce CO2 emissions by 20 percent. That means a gas price NINE dollars a gallon. The plan was to do that slowly so the voting public would not notice until too late.

Inslee and theDemocrats can reduce transportation emissions by 20 percent tomorrow. 55 mph speed limit in rural areas, 45 on urban highways, and 25 in cities. The Europeans are doing it.

I rather drive 55 than pay NINE dollars for gas. But the Elites and the Democrats have plenty of money and like always want to save the planet on the backs of the poor.
Does anyone think reducing the speed limit to 55 will slow down traffic or save fuel in the I-5 corridor?
Now in my rural area the speed limit is mostly 55 or less now.
The fact is the rate of pollution in the US has been reduced at the highest rate in the world (18-20%)
While China and India continue to build coal power plants.

Old 07-28-2023, 10:57 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,088,575 times
There are a lot of things we can do better to help our earth.
Hobbling our economy with tripling the fuel costs might not be the best first path .
If China really wants or needs to sell items to us we have the leverage to insist that they act greener.
This of course would mean having our negotiators being able to grow a spine and not be “lobbied” the wrong way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington