Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2023, 12:43 PM

2,539 posts, read 1,907,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Better. I don’t like all of Everett, I like Historic North Everett, Rucker Hill and View Ridge.
Is that area walkable with restaurants, coffee shops, etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2023, 02:20 PM

8,170 posts, read 8,291,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOinGA View Post
Is that area walkable with restaurants, coffee shops, etc?
Historic North Everett is, also has a pedestrian bridge from Grand Avenue Park to the waterfront/marina. Happy to show you the area sometime.

Old 07-29-2023, 03:56 PM

7,538 posts, read 17,224,480 times
I am not a big Everett fan, but mostly because I don't know anyone there; all of my friends and networks are basically in downtown Seattle south to Tacoma.

But if I was told to live in Everett, it would definitely be that North Everett area, around the pedestrian bridge or further north!

Old 08-01-2023, 05:20 PM

2,539 posts, read 1,907,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Historic North Everett is, also has a pedestrian bridge from Grand Avenue Park to the waterfront/marina. Happy to show you the area sometime.
I like Edmonds, but there seems to be a bit better value in Everett. I'll be getting serious about the move early next year. Hopefully the market will loosen up by then!

Old 08-01-2023, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOinGA View Post
I like Edmonds, but there seems to be a bit better value in Everett. I'll be getting serious about the move early next year. Hopefully the market will loosen up by then!
You should hope interest rates stay where they are. If they decrease, the market will get tighter, not looser.

Old 03-19-2024, 11:15 PM

29 posts, read 32,607 times
My favorite Washington downtowns are Fairhaven, Poulsbo, LaConner, Friday Harbor, Snohomish, Anacortes, Port Townsend, Wenatchee and on a larger scale and still growing like crazy is Vancouver. So far we are seriously considering the Vancouver area for retirement. I love the outdoor amenities with walking trails, kayaking, easy access to Columbia River Gorge which is beautiful! I also like that I can get into Portland area and within a two hour drive to the Oregon Coast. I think this area will give us plenty to do in our retirement years. :-)

Old 03-20-2024, 01:01 PM

5,439 posts, read 7,728,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzg View Post
My favorite Washington downtowns are Fairhaven, Poulsbo, LaConner, Friday Harbor, Snohomish, Anacortes, Port Townsend, Wenatchee and on a larger scale and still growing like crazy is Vancouver. So far we are seriously considering the Vancouver area for retirement. I love the outdoor amenities with walking trails, kayaking, easy access to Columbia River Gorge which is beautiful! I also like that I can get into Portland area and within a two hour drive to the Oregon Coast. I think this area will give us plenty to do in our retirement years. :-)
You should also add the Camas downtown to your list. It ranks up there with the others. My wife and I are within a year or two of retirement and we plan to stay right here. We've traveled all over the Pacific Northwest and haven't found any place that looks better for retirement than staying put here in Camas.

But yes, downtown Vancouver is improving rapidly. The more that downtown Portland struggles, the more that money flows right across the river to get invested in downtown Vancouver which is quickly becoming another business center for the region. We are finding that there is less and less reason to ever drive across the river to Portland. Not that we dislike Portland, we don't. But there are just so many new restaurants and shops opening up on the Vancouver/Camas side that one no longer has to cross the bridge to find interesting dining options.

Old 03-24-2024, 06:33 AM

Mount Vernon has a lot of preserved historic buildings in its downtown core and housing prices are (relatively) affordable.

Old 03-29-2024, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post
You should also add the Camas downtown to your list. It ranks up there with the others. My wife and I are within a year or two of retirement and we plan to stay right here. We've traveled all over the Pacific Northwest and haven't found any place that looks better for retirement than staying put here in Camas.

But yes, downtown Vancouver is improving rapidly. The more that downtown Portland struggles, the more that money flows right across the river to get invested in downtown Vancouver which is quickly becoming another business center for the region. We are finding that there is less and less reason to ever drive across the river to Portland. Not that we dislike Portland, we don't. But there are just so many new restaurants and shops opening up on the Vancouver/Camas side that one no longer has to cross the bridge to find interesting dining options.
Yes. I've watched many YouTubers who talk about Vancouver say there is not really a need to go over the bridge anymore since you pretty much have it all in Vancouver. We will probably head over the bridge occasionally since I do like a city vibe once in awhile and there are some nice neighborhoods to shop and dine. It would also be nice to save some sales tax on big ticket items as well. :-)

Old 03-29-2024, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post

We did visit Camas and really like the downtown area and went for a nice walk at Lacamas Lake and Round Lake which are beautiful. We may consider looking in Camas but it depends upon the housing cost. Camas is probably the most expensive in the Clark County. My husband would prefer a little extra land to build a shop so we are considering Brush Prairie, Battle Ground and Ridgefield but we shall see. We are open to other areas as long as it's not too far from Vancouver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington