Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2022, 01:27 PM

14,492 posts, read 12,128,212 times

Advertisements

We have definitely had years that I felt like that so I’m thankful for their general restraint this year!

I’m old enough to remember when I was the only one that would complain on local bulletin boards about the fireworks. Now it seems like it’s split about 50-50. I’m such a trendsetter :-)

This year on our neighborhood Facebook group I requested restraint on behalf of the Eaglets which seems to make a difference. It’s not for me it’s for the Eagles!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2022, 02:31 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,131,779 times
[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfair View Post
You're lucky. We had a war zone that went until all hours of the night and went on days before and after the fourth. No one respects the rules, because...freedom means freedom to not follow laws they don't like.
You’ve described a good portion of rural Washington. Of course, there are tiny towns all over and fireworks vary from place to place, but when you land in an area where people don’t respect rules, animals or other people, it’s bad.

I get it’s the country and people want to have fun on the 4th, ok one night, no problem. It’s when they include a whole week of loud bangs, it becomes a real pain to deal with. What’s worse, some of these people are grown men, not teenagers. Judging by the noise at 3am, do they even work, or maybe their wife has to get up and drive in. Our next door neighbors don’t do this, but what about the next door neighbors of these all nighters? I’d be extremely ticked off if my immediate neighbors were out firing guns and firecrackers every night for a week.

A few nights ago, I stood outside around midnight and saw where all the firecrackers were being launched. There were several houses around the area shooting them off. It’s one good thing about living on a hillside, the view is great and I know which neighbors are the noisiest.

Old 07-11-2022, 11:11 AM

6,242 posts, read 3,413,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
So.... our working theory is that loud fireworks are bought by.... people who like big loud things.

Not a big surprise.
Why would anyone...well except maybe someone hooked on woke....not want to celebrate the birth of our country?

Old 07-11-2022, 01:08 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,081,026 times
I love that picture rant.
Is it from town?

We do a decent sized party which is about a dozen people for us.
We go through $100-$150 in fireworks for our party.

We only have 2 neighbors close by but they spend a whole bunch more than we do and do it only one night which might be the 3rd or the 5th because they are not full time residents.
Our view let’s us see lots of fancy aerial displays without the noise so we are blessed with that.

Oh about why wouldn’t some people not want to celebrate the birth of our country ?
One of our dear friends that always attends is a bit butt hurt about the recent court decisions and I could almost hear this person sniffle over the phone when they said they aren’t feeling very patriotic lately so they can’t come over.
I silently shook my head in disbelief but what ever .

Bottom line for me is 1 or 2 days until midnight or so is fine.
Any much more than that or the 3am crap from the speedies would really get old fast.
A safely done mag dump has always stopped that kind of behavior in my younger years.

Old 07-12-2022, 10:08 PM

14,492 posts, read 12,128,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Why would anyone...well except maybe someone hooked on woke....not want to celebrate the birth of our country?
I love celebrating the birth of our country the question is how. The complaints are about illegal fireworks which are purchased on the local reservation, and you show a commercial show… Those are different things! :-) do you want that show in your backyard at all hours and for days after the fourth?

If you have pets or need to get some sleep to go to work in the morning I’m guessing it would probably begin to lose its appeal after a while.

Old 07-12-2022, 11:57 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,440,789 times
I have a donkey & one of my dogs that are afraid of the fireworks the yokels use here. They just make loud booms & rifle-like sounds. Very few people shoot the colorful, sparkly displays...those are pretty.

When I go out into the woods, I see the fireworks debris left behind on the ground, along with beer cans, smoldering fire rings & other garbage. The idiots just disrespect the woods & frighten the wildlife & leave their crap behind.

When I was a kid, I liked visiting Granny, because fireworks were legal there, unlike California, where they were/are illegal (yeah, right). It was a lot of fun, but there were rules. My idiot cousin broke the rules & nearly blew off his hand. Now, people just run amok with fireworks. It takes the fun away.

Old 07-13-2022, 11:13 AM

1,683 posts, read 2,709,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happygrrrl View Post
I have a donkey & one of my dogs that are afraid of the fireworks the yokels use here. They just make loud booms & rifle-like sounds. Very few people shoot the colorful, sparkly displays...those are pretty.

When I go out into the woods, I see the fireworks debris left behind on the ground, along with beer cans, smoldering fire rings & other garbage. The idiots just disrespect the woods & frighten the wildlife & leave their crap behind.

When I was a kid, I liked visiting Granny, because fireworks were legal there, unlike California, where they were/are illegal (yeah, right). It was a lot of fun, but there were rules. My idiot cousin broke the rules & nearly blew off his hand. Now, people just run amok with fireworks. It takes the fun away.
Same here about the debris. It's not so much celebrating the birth of our country as getting drunk and blowing things up and leaving trash for other people to clean up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington