Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2022, 02:37 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,747,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Sorry you had such a horrible experience.

The symptoms you had, including the embolisms, are symptoms of covid.
There is no way...I was doing great in the hospital, just getting ready to discharge to physical therapy, and had been tested for Covid multiple times while there. I had already had Covid in November, and while not pleasant, I rate it 4th worst of my experienced sicknesses behind norovirus, pneumonia, and an extra nasty case of the flu I had as a teen.
After lunchtime I got the shot, and by that same evening I was fighting for my life and continued to do so for several weeks. I had a follow-up appointment with the neurosurgeon and they have concluded and documented that my experience was indeed caused by the vaccine, what I posted was not my opinion or hearsay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2022, 03:22 PM

1,369 posts, read 717,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
There is no way...I was doing great in the hospital, just getting ready to discharge to physical therapy, and had been tested for Covid multiple times while there. I had already had Covid in November, and while not pleasant, I rate it 4th worst of my experienced sicknesses behind norovirus, pneumonia, and an extra nasty case of the flu I had as a teen.
After lunchtime I got the shot, and by that same evening I was fighting for my life and continued to do so for several weeks. I had a follow-up appointment with the neurosurgeon and they have concluded and documented that my experience was indeed caused by the vaccine, what I posted was not my opinion or hearsay.
Certainly sounds authentic to me.

Old 09-03-2022, 03:54 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,747,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
Certainly sounds authentic to me.
It was. Most of my extended family have had the vax and they were fine with the exception that some of them got Covid anyway, with moderate symptoms that weren't all that less severe than my first go around without any vaccine. I've had bad reactions to several medications in the past and inquired with my doctor to review my history and recommend what vax to get as I was getting a lot of pressure to get the shot from all fronts. The doctor recommended I take the J&J along with a blood thinner, but J&J was recalled immediately after that and wasn't available then shortly afterwards I got Covid. I honestly have nothing against the vax just feel we should never have been forced to take it.

I should add that in my case, the response was almost immediate. My right shoulder(injection site) got achy and hot right away, spreading to my entire upper right quadrant within a few hours. I felt like I was burning up and had ice packs all over my shoulder, arm, chest, and neck. I then asked for more ice for my lower back, as my kidneys started to fail it got very hot and painful as well.

Old 09-05-2022, 04:37 PM

862 posts, read 1,067,920 times
Quote:
You may continue to live in a world where you reject any information that you disagree with as ‘untrue’ as well as maintain an attitude where you do not actually engage with detailed studies or facts, and thus continue to act in the manner you have already decided to act.

People like me will carefully consider the facts, understand the studies, talk to the experts and make decisions based on the principles of rational thought.

I’m looking forward to the next booster which will be available this fall, and the continued benefit of vaccination. I’m also going to get my flu shot as well.

And when I travel internationally, I will wear my mask for the entire 30 hours, barring meal time.

I will take these actions based on the research that has proven that vaccination and masking reduce your chances of getting and spreading COVID to some extent, and significantly reduce your chances of getting severe or long COVID. That, along with natural immunity (gained at a high cost in lives lost, mostly among the unvaxxed and in trump country) means that COVID is no longer the threat it once was.

I will also always be truthful… if vaccination and masking (or natural immunity) was no longer beneficial, I’d say so. I’m not wedded to any ideology except the truth.

Governor Inslee has done a great job in fighting this disease. The numbers prove it. Please feel free to move to a neighboring state where the deaths per 100,000 are higher if that’s your wish.

Have a great day
How does your mask help you on those long flights?

Old 09-05-2022, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdog View Post
How does your mask help you on those long flights?
Reduces the chance of catching COVID. In combination with vaccination (myself and most other passengers/crew).

The airplanes have pretty decent air scrubbers when they recirculate. If the person next to me has COVID then my chances may be poor, but if it’s someone walking by then a mask would help. Would be better if that person was wearing a mask, of course. Masks work better to prevent you from giving someone else COVID, purely by reducing the distance your breath travels.

It’s a marginal positive effect. Really, my COVID booster which I will take within a month from travel, is going to be the most effective action. I’m not too worried about catching COVID, but it would ruin my trip. And I owe it to all the older relatives I will be visiting to be as careful as reasonably possible.

Old 09-07-2022, 03:11 PM

609 posts, read 304,917 times
Quote:
Reduces the chance of catching COVID. In combination with vaccination (myself and most other passengers/crew).

The airplanes have pretty decent air scrubbers when they recirculate. If the person next to me has COVID then my chances may be poor, but if it’s someone walking by then a mask would help. Would be better if that person was wearing a mask, of course. Masks work better to prevent you from giving someone else COVID, purely by reducing the distance your breath travels.

It’s a marginal positive effect. Really, my COVID booster which I will take within a month from travel, is going to be the most effective action. I’m not too worried about catching COVID, but it would ruin my trip. And I owe it to all the older relatives I will be visiting to be as careful as reasonably possible.
Are you concerned that your antibodies (both to covid and non-covid pathogens) are waning over time because you're not even exposed to any viruses? A certain level of exposure is good, keeps the circulating antibodies up without causing illness.

I'm totally fine if you want to be a germaphobe, but if you support bringing back any mandates on other people then you're just being selfish.

Old 09-07-2022, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupp-certified View Post
Are you concerned that your antibodies (both to covid and non-covid pathogens) are waning over time because you're not even exposed to any viruses? A certain level of exposure is good, keeps the circulating antibodies up without causing illness.

I'm totally fine if you want to be a germaphobe, but if you support bringing back any mandates on other people then you're just being selfish.
I’m not a germaphobe. And I have friends with kids so I’m exposed to viruses, for sure.

I don’t know of any studies that point to a constant mild level of exposure to COVID being a good way to maintain antibody levels. I’d be interested to see those.

But nothing in my comment said anything about mandates coming back. My overall thesis is that Inslee has done a very good job against COVID and should be appreciated for that. As proven by how much better we have done compared to other places, over the course of the disease. And as shown by how much better places that first masked and then vaccinated have done, over places that did not. I’ve looked at the anecdotal data and the modeled data and both show that he has done very well.

Old 09-11-2022, 07:29 PM

862 posts, read 1,067,920 times
Quote:

LOL OK
Reminds me of Geraldo Herrera doing all you've done, and plenty more, yet still got covid. I've got no problem with folks masking up, if it makes them feel safer. Keeps their breath away from me.

Old 09-12-2022, 01:51 AM

The point is to take normal, easy precautions that reduce the risk to older relatives, and also minimize the potential loss of an entire vacation due to sickness. Long COVID, to them, could be a lifelong disease. Or a strong attack could end their lives.

Masking and, more importantly, a recent vaccination, are proven to change the probabilities strongly in my favor, so that’s what I intend to do, while enjoying my life and not letting COVID stop me from traveling.

Old 09-14-2022, 06:27 PM

368 posts, read 307,776 times
Quote:
And when I travel internationally, I will wear my mask for the entire 30 hours, barring meal time.
Joke’s on you! The virus lies in wait and studies your behavior. It will pounce when you eat…it is patient. It is cunning.

Yer a goner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington