Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 10:31 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times

Advertisements

There has been a vaccination requirement for all state employees since October 18, 2021. This seems to just be adding CDC recommended boosters. I would think that by now anyone opposed to vaccination will have quit or been fired already, those left have been vaccinated and are probably not opposed to boosters. My employer (not the state) required full vaccination (but not boosters) and had about 90 resignations. Those have all been replaced now, plus additional openings for retirees and new positions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2022, 11:10 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,130,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
There has been a vaccination requirement for all state employees since October 18, 2021. This seems to just be adding CDC recommended boosters. I would think that by now anyone opposed to vaccination will have quit or been fired already, those left have been vaccinated and are probably not opposed to boosters. My employer (not the state) required full vaccination (but not boosters) and had about 90 resignations. Those have all been replaced now, plus additional openings for retirees and new positions.
Many people (if not the majority) who got the initial two doses don't want to get more shots. Especially the ones who got the infection shouldn't be treated the same way as someone who has never had it (few of those left anyway). The pandemic is long gone everywhere except Asia and a few US states mainly on the west coast. People have moved on and Covid is not a topic of discussion.

Old 07-05-2022, 11:50 AM

61 posts, read 39,917 times
His brain is basically composed of loose gravel. What were you expecting at this point?

Old 07-05-2022, 05:09 PM

1,369 posts, read 714,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlud View Post
Hmm….a post about a mandate letter but we should trust you, no one is being mandated anything….got it. You are so far out there I’m assuming you are a troll, in which case well played. If you are attempting to be sincere, your misinformation is astounding.
I mean, they aren’t being forced to take the shot. They are free to leave. Entirely constitutional. The SCOTUS has upheld it and turned away every appeal because states have this power and the science is being followed. We all benefit from it. Good governance should be and is being rewarded. I have more and more faith in Inslee every day, though I didn’t know much about him before this all started.

Old 07-05-2022, 07:22 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,947,010 times
What do you expect out of Democrats these days. The rally cry is COVID, ID Voter Racism, Ultra Maga and Trumpism. You notice they never run on anything positive.

Old 07-06-2022, 12:25 AM

1,066 posts, read 892,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
What do you expect out of Democrats these days. The rally cry is COVID, ID Voter Racism, Ultra Maga and Trumpism. You notice they never run on anything positive.
Talk about projection.

Old 07-06-2022, 09:41 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
.....But the numbers don’t lie. Millions saved due to Covid vaccines. ..........

Lovely. Now explain to us why the states where vaccination levels were low had just about the same number (per capita) of infections and deaths as the states where everyone vaccinated, and wore masks, and closed businesses, and fired people who weren't vaccinated..

I suggest that you expand your sources of information before you drink the koolaid, to make sure that the koolaid is what you really want. If you study a few opposing sources first and then decide you really want that koolaid, that is your decision. But right now you sound like a paid public service announcement from the Bureau of Truth.

..... oh, wait. Are you employed by the government?

Old 07-06-2022, 11:30 AM

302 posts, read 177,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Lovely. Now explain to us why the states where vaccination levels were low had just about the same number (per capita) of infections and deaths as the states where everyone vaccinated, and wore masks, and closed businesses, and fired people who weren't vaccinated..

I suggest that you expand your sources of information before you drink the koolaid, to make sure that the koolaid is what you really want. If you study a few opposing sources first and then decide you really want that koolaid, that is your decision. But right now you sound like a paid public service announcement from the Bureau of Truth.

I think he may be a programmed A.I. bot like ones you see on twitter. Their conversational skills are limited and predictable. There are certain scripts they simply won't deviate from despite new information.

Old 07-06-2022, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post

Ok, as an A.I. bot, I will bite. Where are your data proving your assertion? Have you examined it for timelines and trends over time (initial Covid, delta wave, omicron wave, more recent omicron variants, etc?)

Please present an opposing resource that proves your point. I’d be happy to review and discuss.

Old 07-06-2022, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman05 View Post
I think he may be a programmed A.I. bot like ones you see on twitter. Their conversational skills are limited and predictable. There are certain scripts they simply won't deviate from despite new information.
This is sad. You know this is a lie. We’ve had plenty of conversations on this forum. I’d say it’s beneath you, but maybe you are a bot?? lol.

The reason I don’t vary much in my posts is that the evidence in favor of vaccinations is rather simple and basic. Just studies where vaccines are given to control and study groups and then counting cases and severity over time. People who are vaccinated have better outcomes, all else being the same.

If we did a study and found the opposite, I’d be happy to report that too… haven’t seen it (thankfully).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington