Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: High Capacity Magazine Ban
Yes I support the proposed ban. 15 30.61%
No I do not support the proposed ban. 34 69.39%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 07:12 PM

1,066 posts, read 891,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Well, they're not wrong with the give an inch warning. The slippery slope of incremental goals is a real strategy.

I can't say I've ever seen them advocate for a new gun restriction, but the NRA is always a big proponent of enforcing existing gun crimes before enacting new ones. Fair request.
The National Russian Asset group?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2022, 07:18 PM

14,472 posts, read 12,101,318 times

Old 02-16-2022, 08:05 PM

1,066 posts, read 891,918 times
Quote:
Maria Butina doesn't ring a bell? Shocking!

Old 02-16-2022, 08:14 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,695,180 times
Quote:
Well, they're not wrong with the give an inch warning. The slippery slope of incremental goals is a real strategy.

I can't say I've ever seen them advocate for a new gun restriction, but the NRA is always a big proponent of enforcing existing gun crimes before enacting new ones. Fair request.
The most heated religious debate I ever had with someone 20+ years ago was not about religion at all. Instead, it was about gun control. The gentlemen I spoke with was a huge gun lover and NRA guy. It didn't matter what the proposed law was at the time, its content, none of it! All that really mattered when it came down to it was 'the liberals were trying to take away his 2nd amendment rights, trying to take away guns!!!' It was like talking with a brick wall, but a very animated one! Since, that time, I watched and listened to this same discussion occur time and time again. The content and the topics always revolve around the same things. So, I guess after 20+ years, I've learned a few things. It's never about a new proposed gun law. Rather, its always about an alleged assault on gun owners' right to bear arms. To which there is never a good response unless its pro NRA. Basically, its a circular discussion going nowhere spanning decades of American culture and deep seated beliefs. Liberals are definitely trying to take away their guns and they'll have none it.

This thread could go for a 1000+ more posts and at the end of the day, if folks are truly honest, it's really only about one thing - taking away the right to bear arms from gun owners' POV and nothing more.

Derek

Last edited by MtnSurfer; 02-16-2022 at 08:27 PM..

Old 02-16-2022, 08:17 PM

50,264 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
Wouldn't that apply to all gun laws? I mean why limit guns at all then? If not, what criteria should be used? And who should make those decisions? The NRA, perhaps? Isn't it everyone's freedom to do what they want to anyway regardless of these stupid gun laws?

Derek
Criminals don't care about your laws. Your laws affect legal gun owners, no one else.

There are simple videos on youtube of a Sheriff testing capacity differences between 20, 10 and 5 round mags and the difference between mag changes was less then a couple of seconds. Please explain what would happen in two seconds.

The fear of firearms almost rivals the fear of covid.

It's funny how the people squawking the loudest about firearm laws no ZERO about them. Straight up fear.

Old 02-16-2022, 08:31 PM

Quote:

All politicians have in their playbook is layering duplicate laws upon laws. The part that is disturbing is those eating it up. Here in CA we have an "assault weapons" ban. But we actually don't. The local politicians duplicated a bunch of these laws and idiots believe it was some new thing.

You can't take people's stuff without compensating them. It's unconstitutional. As are all of these stupid laws. That's why they are tied up in the court system and also why they are easy to circumvent.

I can buy any "assault weapon" I want here. I also get to use all my high cap mags I've owned forever. If I want more of them I call a buddy in AZ and he ships them to me. LE doesn't give a rat fart about these stupid laws.

No different in Washington.

Old 02-16-2022, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
What’s the proposed penalty for breaking this proposed law?
Dirty looks

It's up to LE to figure out when you bought them. They can't. There is no date or serial number on a magazine.

Hilarious.

Old 02-16-2022, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Criminals don't care about your laws. Your laws affect legal gun owners, no one else.

There are simple videos on youtube of a Sheriff testing capacity differences between 20, 10 and 5 round mags and the difference between mag changes was less then a couple of seconds. Please explain what would happen in two seconds.
If it's really that simple, then why would care if there is a limit set? I mean who really cares then? How would that affect you at all in that case?

It's not really about setting limits at all is it if we're being honest, is it? This is really about something entirely different. Otherwise, it wouldn't matter.

Derek

Old 02-16-2022, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
If it's really that simple, then why would care if there is a limit set? I mean who really cares then? How would that affect you at all in that case?

It's not really about setting limits at all is it if we're being honest, is it? This is really about something entirely different. Otherwise, it wouldn't matter.

Derek
Politicians run on being elected by talking this smack to people that know nothing about the subject. You should already know this. It's how Obama, Trump and Biden got elected. Selling snake oil.

If I hadn't already bought LEGALLY a bunch of REGULAR capacity magazines I wouldn't care, but me and millions of other law abiding folks already did.

Many magazines are hard to load. It can take a while and when I'm at the range, by the hour, it's a waste of time. None of my firearms have killed anything but deer, elk and hogs.

Old 02-16-2022, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Politicians run on being elected by talking this smack to people that know nothing about the subject. You should already know this. It's how Obama, Trump and Biden got elected. Selling snake oil.

If I hadn't already bought LEGALLY a bunch of REGULAR capacity magazines I wouldn't care, but me and millions of other law abiding folks already did.

Many magazines are hard to load. It can take a while and when I'm at the range, by the hour, it's a waste of time.
So, you're saying they are now trying to limit you? Trying to have you modify what you purchased before that was legal at the time? Is that the issue?

Derek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington