Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 10:20 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,235,581 times

Advertisements

This was pretty disturbing:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/cape-cod-c..._live_hero_hed

Outbreak on the east coast, most of the people infected were vaccinated.

If this sort of stuff keeps happening and most people are only getting mild symptoms I don’t anticipate us going back into lockdown, but obviously there could be new, more dangerous variants in the future so who knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2021, 10:49 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,763 posts, read 58,180,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzdevil View Post
If France, Greece, Australia, and UK are any indicator, the US will go into a lockdown. The US is less likely to mandate covid passports, which means a lockdown is the only way to "flatten the curve".
100% contact tracing and daily home viral self tests (for anyone accessing public places) would also work. And could have been implemented a yr ago.
600,000 lives saved. For those of us who have witnessed Covid deaths of friends and family.

No Covid police, lockdowns, or mask edicts required.
And best of all... No daily White House misinformation panels.
Just individual social responsibility.

Old 07-21-2021, 10:54 AM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 6 days ago)

8,380 posts, read 5,542,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
This was pretty disturbing:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/cape-cod-c..._live_hero_hed

Outbreak on the east coast, most of the people infected were vaccinated.

If this sort of stuff keeps happening and most people are only getting mild symptoms I don’t anticipate us going back into lockdown, but obviously there could be new, more dangerous variants in the future so who knows.
If the overwhelming majority of vaccinated people getting infected are experiencing mild symptoms (and they are), I dont see the need for anything different for now.

Old 07-21-2021, 10:55 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,682,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
If people just quit taking covid tests for every little stupid thing, the pandemic would disappear and nobody would be hurt or notice. Only a weenie whose already been vaccinated, would go take a covid test. People need to grow up

The powers that be controlling the earth won't let COVID-19 die. It's making the pharmacy companies and Fauci too much money. Serious patent issues, too. It's all a made-up for money farce!

Nurses in NYC were complaining that "doctors are giving us orders that are blowing up patients lungs!" Does that sound good or honest? Money-grubbing fools are killing people and saying it's from COVID-19 just so they can control the masses and make tons of money off them.

It's truly Satanic, but, who runs the world? Satan. Have a nice day.
Between your Satan and my climate change theories we make a brilliant Doomsday pair. We should combine our theories and start a club. What are your views on the vaccines?

Old 07-21-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
If the overwhelming majority of vaccinated people getting infected are experiencing mild symptoms (and they are), I dont see the need for anything different for now.
Now... but just wait.

Old 07-21-2021, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
Now... but just wait.
There isnt anything to wait on in regards to the Delta variant. We already have heaping helpings of data in regards to the likely hood of hospitalization and death. I cant speak to future variants but we know this one, even though breakthrough infections are more likely, the vaccines are super effective at preventing serious illness. 93% to be exact per the CDC.

Old 07-21-2021, 11:40 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,146,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
100% contact tracing and daily home viral self tests (for anyone accessing public places) would also work. And could have been implemented a yr ago.
600,000 lives saved. For those of us who have witnessed Covid deaths of friends and family.

No Covid police, lockdowns, or mask edicts required.
And best of all... No daily White House misinformation panels.
Just individual social responsibility.
Right that's why Thailand and Vietnam are getting hit hard now. Australia also will not escape it this time.

Old 07-21-2021, 11:41 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,517,390 times
Between your Satan and my climate change theories we make a brilliant Doomsday pair. We should combine our theories and start a club. What are your views on the vaccines?

They're to make Fauci rich and to control the masses. I don't know about you, but I won't take a vaccine that alters my MRNA. And, yes, these do just that. People by are getting sick these vaccines.

Old 07-21-2021, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Right that's why Thailand and Vietnam are getting hit hard now. Australia also will not escape it this time.
We have to qualify getting hit hard.

Vietnam isnt getting hit hard by any definition. Its case rate is about 4.5 per 100,000 which isnt high at all. It may go up, but for now its hardly a country to hold up as a surge.

Thailand is currently at 15 per 100,000. Thats higher than its been so we could say its getting hit hard relative to where its been.

Old 07-21-2021, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
There isnt anything to wait on in regards to the Delta variant. We already have heaping helpings of data in regards to the likely hood of hospitalization and death. I cant speak to future variants but we know this one, even though breakthrough infections are more likely, the vaccines are super effective at preventing serious illness. 93% to be exact per the CDC.
Pffff... Why would you assume I was talking about Delta? Delta is so Summer 2021.

Like a few others here, I'm expecting another batch to be released, oh, sorry, I mean "evolved" sometime this fall. I think September sounds perfect, don't you? Just when the kiddies are getting back into school. They can circulate the "Delta" and, because of unvaccinated kids and those loser unvaccinated adults, something new will spin up... some nastier, more resilient...

I introduce: Epsilon, Zeta and Eta

Then the CDC will finally agree with the vaccine makers that now is the time for those boosters. Nearly a year after the first were made available. In time for holiday travel? Maybe, maybe not...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington