Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2021, 05:24 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,327,801 times

Advertisements

doesn't matter if we reach 100% vaxxed rate.. the VID isn't going anywhere...

Let's get back to normal life as natural immunity has proven 13x more effective than any vxxs according to the highest vaxxed country of Israel

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....24.21262415v1

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2021, 09:33 AM

2,251 posts, read 3,273,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
doesn't matter if we reach 100% vaxxed rate.. the VID isn't going anywhere...

Let's get back to normal life as natural immunity has proven 13x more effective than any vxxs according to the highest vaxxed country of Israel

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....24.21262415v1

Assuming that this isn't some fake news that is framed to look legit, that's very interesting since the Gub'mint keeps saying the opposite...

Old 08-31-2021, 10:21 AM

1,499 posts, read 1,675,063 times
The problem with natural immunity is that in order to get it you are exposing people to a significantly higher risk of death than the vaccine, and it still won't wipe it out. The millions more deaths makes it an unviable alternative. The vaccine drastically reduces the severity, even if it doesn't fully prevent you from catching it.

Old 08-31-2021, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
The problem with natural immunity is that in order to get it you are exposing people to a significantly higher risk of death than the vaccine, and it still won't wipe it out. The millions more deaths makes it an unviable alternative. The vaccine drastically reduces the severity, even if it doesn't fully prevent you from catching it.
I disagree that it's an "unviable" alternative, because that's clearly what's happening right now. For whatever reason - lack of efficacy to variants, hesitancy, etc - the vaccines are obviously not working at this point to prevent Covid infection. So I would say that natural immunity is a very viable, and possibly only alternative, for better or for worse.

Old 08-31-2021, 01:42 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,082,509 times
So I am now wondering what if you get a small exposure to the virus.
What I mean is like a micro dose.
Like if you were passing several feet away from an infected person and received a couple parts per million.
My thoughts were that a micro dose might trigger your immunities to kick in where as being stuck in a car or an elevator would over whelm you.

I have no idea but it does seem possible.
Maybe even more possible if you were vaccinated.
I kinda think this is already happening.

Just a thought.

Old 08-31-2021, 02:27 PM

I love how people describe vaccines without realizing that they are describing vaccines.

Old 08-31-2021, 02:40 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,675,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
So I am now wondering what if you get a small exposure to the virus.
What I mean is like a micro dose.
Like if you were passing several feet away from an infected person and received a couple parts per million.
My thoughts were that a micro dose might trigger your immunities to kick in where as being stuck in a car or an elevator would over whelm you.

I have no idea but it does seem possible.
Maybe even more possible if you were vaccinated.
I kinda think this is already happening.

Just a thought.
This is basically how I got over my cat allergy between the ages of 16-20. I was born into a cat family, but when the family cat died at age 14 I quickly developed an asthma-inducing allergy towards cats. We had to rehome a couple of kittens after a few days because I couldn't breathe and my eyes were swollen and bloodshot.

I started immunotherapy just before my 16th birthday and continued through the first couple years of college. You start on a low dose and work yourself up to "maintenance" for as many as five years. I quit prematurely, but after I got to maintenance and it was sufficient enough that I was able to keep the cat that inadvertently came with my first apartment.

The thing about immunology is that it's a system and it's not static. There have been a few periods of my life where my cat allergy comes back, seemingly for no reason. I've been on and off of asthma drugs depending on how I'm feeling. I don't doubt that our bodies have the same ebb and flow with things like viruses or other infections.

Old 08-31-2021, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
I disagree that it's an "unviable" alternative, because that's clearly what's happening right now.
I don't think there is any evidence for that at all, I can't even guess why you think that.
Even at the lowest estimates of injury from infection, hundreds of thousands more would die. You wouldn't be saving anyone, just killing them sooner than doing nothing. It makes no sense at all.

Old 08-31-2021, 02:41 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,082,509 times

Old 08-31-2021, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
I don't think there is any evidence for that at all, I can't even guess why you think that.
Even at the lowest estimates of injury from infection, hundreds of thousands more would die. You wouldn't be saving anyone, just killing them sooner than doing nothing. It makes no sense at all.
Wait, what? There is a current surge going on. The many people being affected that make it through are developing natural immunity. How is there "no evidence"?

Natural immunity may not be the "ideal" alternative, but it's literally happening right now to everyone affected by the Delta variant. Just because some people are vaccinated doesn't mean other people aren't developing natural immunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington