Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 08:26 PM

1,066 posts, read 893,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I don't know but I look forward to it! FINALLY.

And what I really hope is that it allows all those who work in bars, restaurants, stores, and even doctor's offices, who have had to wear masks ALL DAY, can now take them off. I complain about having to wear it on our way in and out, they have had it much worse.

Inslee needs to act soon to ensure this. Remove any mandate on these businesses, and let people decide for themselves.
I think that works as long as anyone refusing to be vaccinated is immediately let go with cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2021, 08:52 PM

14,507 posts, read 12,148,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusVelo View Post
I think that works as long as anyone refusing to be vaccinated is immediately let go with cause.

Or wear masks if they want... key for me is that it is a choice, not a mandate.

Old 05-13-2021, 08:54 PM

14,507 posts, read 12,148,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
As so many unbelievers have pointed out the breakouts even with the vaccine.
So we'll still live with the facemask.
No need to take unnecessary risks:
Your Immune System May Vary + 14 days incubation and assuming you will display symptoms and notify people if you are infected and my underlying health and this Covid-19 doesn't morph into something more dangerous.

There is no need for the rest of us to live with the unnecessary fear of others.

YOU can wear a mask. We just need to stop requiring them on everyone. Viva personal freedom

Old 05-13-2021, 10:34 PM

221 posts, read 204,748 times
Ah yes personal freedom to infect others with a deadly virus. You go girl loving that freedom.

Old 05-13-2021, 10:42 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,140,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Texan View Post
Ah yes personal freedom to infect others with a deadly virus. You go girl loving that freedom.
Not when there are 3 vaccines available.

Old 05-14-2021, 01:17 AM

6,384 posts, read 5,018,991 times
IMO this lifting of the mask mandate is premature and is motivated by political pressure more than science. Case counts are still high, and businesses have no way to check if someone not wearing a mask is really vaccinated. Plenty of people haven't even had a chance to get the first vaccine dose yet.

The weather is nice. I for one plan to enjoy it by eating outdoors at restaurants.

Old 05-14-2021, 03:06 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,754 posts, read 58,128,451 times

CDC - "WHO?" You mean the ones who have screwed up everything they touched on Covid (including the firsts tests!) USA Laughing (dying) stock of the world. Only 33,626,097 cases / 598,540 dead (ex)taxpayers and a fractured economy (for no reason).

same day as USA for initial infections...
S Korea = 130,380 cases / 1,893 deaths
Taiwan = 1,290 cases / 12 deaths (Their Gov told them not to wear masks too!)

We're doing GREAT!
Freedom (?)

Quote:
Yes, just PERFECT for those you meet who may have medical conditions increasing susceptability.
(I thought we all knew by now that masks are of little benefit to the wearers, only a courtesy to the vulnerable. but... I guess not. )

Few people wear masks in USA rural areas, (since day one), Very few get vaccines (Covid is fake...)
I only know of (6) who have died from Covid, but many who may live a (short) lifetime with prolonged conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
IMO this lifting of the mask mandate is premature and is motivated by political pressure more than science. Case counts are still high, and businesses have no way to check if someone not wearing a mask is really vaccinated. Plenty of people haven't even had a chance to get the first vaccine dose yet.

The weather is nice. I for one plan to enjoy it by eating outdoors at restaurants.
Yes, it is summer / outdoor activities in most of USA so 'Surprise' cases are down (from a pandemic aerosal spread that has minimal chance to spread outdoors)

Ugh, I'm sure glad I am not a Flight Attendant (only 4 flights for me so far this week, of which I feel very safe in airports and airplanes)
American plane behavior is out of control. Flight attendants like me are sick of it.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/am...?ocid=msedgntp

There is no shortage of very selfish (uninformed) idiots in the USA.
We are all paying the price.
Normal is a long way off for USA, but it could have been acheived 13 months ago. (as it has been in several countries I deal with daily). They aren't shut down, or broke / unemployed.

Today... +39,825 new cases and +762 deaths in USA. Yes those are REAL people...
300 new cases / day would be a stretch to call 'good'
Australia and NZ lock down with 5 new cases.

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 05-14-2021 at 03:14 AM..

Old 05-14-2021, 04:56 AM

Location: Whatcom County, WA/Cherokee County, NC/Pike County, KY
447 posts, read 333,489 times
Companies will require an app/passport, eventually. The vaccinated will feel special. Unvaccinated will wear their mask or find an alternative way to shop.

Old 05-14-2021, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusVelo View Post
How liberal of you. Hitler would be proud.

Old 05-14-2021, 05:02 AM

Quote:
So then, what is all this 70-90% vaccinated number to reach herd immunity? Made up to sell vaccines? Ah yes of course. There will never be herd immunity so long as money is being made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington