Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 03:57 AM

7,085 posts, read 9,605,677 times

Advertisements

Not positive of the source, but the Berwyn Heights Civic Association newsletter states that Whole Foods is scheduled to open in the fall. That's almost a full year after the initial proposed opening in 4Q 2015 as stated in more than a few media outlets.

A fall opening still sounds kind of late to me. Will the parking lot paved and electricity now present in the building, it seems that even construction on that portion would be complete before summer. Not sure how long a fit out takes. Safeway took about 1 month? That would bring it to July or August.

Now we're talking about a late September or early October opening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 08:26 PM

2,429 posts, read 3,573,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Not positive of the source, but the Berwyn Heights Civic Association newsletter states that Whole Foods is scheduled to open in the fall. That's almost a full year after the initial proposed opening in 4Q 2015 as stated in more than a few media outlets.

A fall opening still sounds kind of late to me. Will the parking lot paved and electricity now present in the building, it seems that even construction on that portion would be complete before summer. Not sure how long a fit out takes. Safeway took about 1 month? That would bring it to July or August.

From my understanding WH prefers opening in the Fall for some reason. Sounds like the adjustment aligns with their normal strategy

Old 04-30-2016, 10:12 AM

662 posts, read 787,118 times
Quote:

Link?

Old 04-30-2016, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingbutnotlost View Post
Link?
http://www.myberwyn.org/apr2016.pdf

Old 04-30-2016, 09:08 PM

662 posts, read 787,118 times
Quote:
That was hidden in there. Thanks. You're a great resource.

Old 05-05-2016, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Long awaited retail announcements for Riverdale Park Station, for me at least. Three new tenants have signed leases for the project.

1. Burton's Bar & Grill

This appears to be a national chain (East Coast at least). It looks to be a pretty swanky place. Definitely upscale. I took a look at the prices from their Alexandria menu. Not your average Outback Steak House. It would certainly fit in at National Harbor and of course Alexandria where one already exists.

The only caveat is that the owner of Franklins is opening up a steak and seafood restaurant at the UMD Hotel that is supposed to be a little more upscale than Franklins. A celebrity chef is opening up another upscale restaurant at the same hotel. And under the new Cambria Suites hotel, there will be another "upscale" steak and seafood restaurant. Too much too soon? Can this market handle all these new upscale grill & bars opening up with a year of each other? That's 4 new steak and seafood restaurants within 2 miles of each other. And there are still more retail spots available at Riverdale Park station. Time will tell. I do welcome the offerings. The foodie in me may be able to spend more time at home for once.

This takes the place of Founding Farmers. I'm content now.

Pretty good reviews on Yelp:

Burtons Grill and Bar - 20 Photos - Diners - 6450 Old Beulah St - Alexandria, VA - Reviews - Yelp

A photo of what one looks like on the inside.

2. Comcast

Really? over 4,500 sqft for a cable company? Uhhh. Especially when people are cutting the cord? I guess they would be good for internet, but a storefront? Meh. I think this will be temporary. I don't know what to make of this lease. Just seems odd. I'd understand a Verizon or AT&T store at half the square footage. Oh well.

3. Jersey Mikes

I get it. Jimmy Johns owns the Rt. 1 corridor from Hyattsville to College Park. In addition to Safeway. Nothing wrong with a little competition. I like Jersey Mikes anyway.

http://www.globest.com/sites/erikamo...20160318151625

By the way, Burton’s Grill and Bar has leased 6,808 square feet. That's a nice size.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:44 PM

Riverdale Park Station Retail Update

Well, they finally updated their website. Here is the current break down.

Signed Leases

1. Whole Foods
2. Burtons Bar & Grill
3. Habit Burger
4. Old Line Bank
5. Bella Beach Spa
6. Comcast
7. Jersey Mikes

A total of 10 additional spaces are currently under negotiation.

H&R Retail Home Page

Old 05-11-2016, 08:59 AM

Default Riverdale Park Station Construction Update

Noticeable updates in BOLD. And as you can see, nothing has really changed. I'm not really tracking the CSX bridge info.

Geeze, come on people. They must have 12 people working on the entire project.

Quote:
During the next two weeks the General Contractor, L.F. Jennings, will continue site construction including underground utility work to install storm drains, water mains, electric conduits and site lighting in multiple areas on the site. Washington Gas Light (WGL) and Pepco continue to bring service to each new building.

Installation of curb and gutter around the entire west side of the site is nearing completion. The traffic signal at Van Buren Street and Route 1 is the property of the State and will most likely be placed into operation just prior to Riverdale Park Station opening. The parking lot in front of the Whole Foods Market has been paved with pervious asphalt and the first course of paving around the Whole Foods Market has been completed. Trees and shrubs have been planted in the Whole Foods Market parking lot islands. The final asphalt top course and striping will be completed later this spring. Construction of screen walls, seat walls, sign walls, sidewalks, light pole bases and other site hardscape structures in Gateway Park (buffer area adjacent to Route 1) is finishing south of Van Buren Street and ongoing to the north. Landscape plantings and sod placement will begin in south Gateway Park in three weeks. Bio-soil storm water retention devices are being installed throughout the site as required. Landscaping is scheduled to start on the South portion of Gateway Park as soon as weather permits. The grating that constitutes part of the pedestrian walkways has been ordered.

The construction of a large permanent storm water management pond in the NE corner of the site is finishing and it will soon be placed into operation. The rip-rap channel exiting the pond outfall to the culvert under CSX tracks is finished.
Future Plans:
  • Two week to two month look-ahead –
  • Continue all of the above work but start additional buildings to provide new retail businesses to the area.
  • Opening of Gateway Park buffer area along Rt. 1.

• Two to six month look-ahead -
  • Start residential/parking buildings.
  • Start interior fit-out of Whole Foods.

http://www.cafritzrps.com/construction-updates/

Old 05-11-2016, 01:10 PM

2,429 posts, read 3,573,236 times
Quote:
Noticeable updates in BOLD. And as you can see, nothing has really changed. I'm not really tracking the CSX bridge info.

Future Plans:
  • Continue all of the above work but start additional buildings to provide new retail businesses to the area.

Construction Updates
That might not be too far from the truth. There are a LOT of construction projects going on in the DC Metro.

Old 05-12-2016, 09:57 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,659,665 times
Quote:

Future Plans:

Construction Updates
It's now over six months since you first began posting that the WF fit out was to begin in 2-6 months, and the status has still not changed. As I've said already, now that the restaurant liquor licenses bill has passed they should be ready to roll announcements of new restaurants. If they don't do it soon.............

https://www.city-data.com/forum/41692709-post31.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland