Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2010, 08:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I'm getting ready to leave to go out of town and be back Monday......... but I know a lot more about the situation. Inside scoop........ (pays to have a business they need ). Garland was the FIRST location that was APPROVED for them in Texas. There will be other locations. It is just that this location was the first approved. They already have the needs for their fresh produce and daily baked bread taken care of.

As for the Garland location........... I really, honestly believe a LOT of people out there have not a clue just how many people are over here .

Weren't you one that said last year, In-n-Out would never come to Texas?

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
Interesting that so many people love In and Out but no one has said what they like about the burgers, what is different about them versus others or what they don't like about others....anyone care to explain and compare?
that's easy: FRESH. Everything from the cutting of the potatoes to the making of the buns and meat patties are done daily. Not one frozen thing is used, add the that they have kept the menu simple which helps. What they do, they do right. They use fresh onion slices, not chopped, same with the tomatoes and the lettuce. Put this altogether with an under $2 price tag and you get quality man!!!! Better known as value for your buck.

There will always be those who think Fat burger is better or maybe 5 guys, but we are talking price here as well.

NIta

Old 05-30-2010, 03:53 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,615,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
I happen to think their burger tastes better than Whataburger's, and they definitely have better fries (Whataburger's are atrocious), but what would such a subjective review do for you?
Typically when people really rave about a particular food, in this case, hamburgers there should be more to it than a general 'they are fresh'.

I expected to hear comments about perhaps the bun being a different type maybe even baked on the premises, the specific type meat used being a higher quality, gourmet cheese or condiments and so on. Nothing has been said to differentiate In and Out other than them being fresh to make me want to try one.

It wasn't until this last post from Nita than anything else was mentioned, including price: (thanks for more insight Nita!)

"that's easy: FRESH. Everything from the cutting of the potatoes to the making of the buns and meat patties are done daily. Not one frozen thing is used, add the that they have kept the menu simple which helps. What they do, they do right. They use fresh onion slices, not chopped, same with the tomatoes and the lettuce. Put this altogether with an under $2 price tag and you get quality man!!!! Better known as value for your buck.

There will always be those who think Fat burger is better or maybe 5 guys, but we are talking price here as well."

Old 05-30-2010, 05:37 PM

711 posts, read 1,856,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You obviously don't know much about In-n-Out. They will not fail. Carl Jrs is no In-n-Out believe me...
Carl's Jr is already failing. The DFW area development agreement was signed in Jan '09, and they were talking about having a location up and running by Dec '09. That came and went with nothing in sight. They also signed an area development agreement for Houston at about the same time. Nothing here either. The total was something like 93 new units in 10 years or the agreement expires. If it's like most such agreements, corporate will own the stores if the developer doesn't meet the quota. I'd be surprised if they open stores by the end of this year, making them a full year behind only two years into the agreement. I predict the developer abandons ship in a couple of years once they realize there's no way they can complete the agreement with the time they have left.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:35 PM

448 posts, read 919,234 times
Quote:
You obviously don't know much about In-n-Out. They will not fail. Carl Jrs is no In-n-Out believe me...

NIta
Let me start by saying, I know very little about In N Out. But one thing is certain is that several burger joints have tried making inroads in our four major markets and some have failed while others have successed. A few that have failed are- Krystal's, Checkers and Rally's.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:41 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAguy View Post
Let me start by saying, I know very little about In N Out. But one thing is certain is that several burger joints have tried making inroads in our four major markets and some have failed while others have successed. A few that have failed are- Krystal's, Checkers and Rally's.
Don't worry. In-N-Out is like none of those. In-N-Out is like legendary status, no matter what people think about their burgers. Everytime one of these things opens, there are lines stretching for block(s) for the first few days/weeks. Those you named don't enjoy that kind of success. Plus, they don't make their food fresh (on the daily) like In-N-Out.

Old 05-30-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Don't worry. In-N-Out is like none of those. In-N-Out is like legendary status, no matter what people think about their burgers. Everytime one of these things opens, there are lines stretching for block(s) for the first few days/weeks. Those you named don't enjoy that kind of success. Plus, they don't make their food fresh (on the daily) like In-N-Out.
Those who are leary will just have to wait and see for themselves. They just don't know the In-n-Out following. I used to like Carl Jrs when we lived in Ca but had a few on our way to Shriveport from Dallas, they are not In n Out as you know. Those who say, it won't fly have absolutely no clue. I would bet every penny I have, No In-n-OUt has ever failed. In fact I have never seen one, anywhere that didn't have a waiting line anytime of the day or night.

IN-N-Out loyalist are almost like God followers. We were on a cruise one time, hubby had an IN-N-Out T shirt on, 3 different people came up to him and remarked about the hamburgers. One said, they had only had one and would drive 1000 miles for another. Guy, on the Food Channel says IN-n-Out is the only fast food burger worth eating. I could go on and on. YOu don't have to like them, but until you try them you have no idea. I will laugh when these doubters watch the lines at the first one in Garland.

Nita

Old 05-30-2010, 08:12 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
In N Out is greatness, Ive had Texans tell me Whataburger is just as good. No, it is not.

Carls Jr is pretty good to, I think they would do well here as long as they get a little advertising support. Ive been to one in Duncan, Ok....it seems to be doing well.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:43 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
At this point; I could see In n Out making it here, but I feel people are exaggerating how much of an impact it will make on Texas.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:54 PM

34 posts, read 131,508 times
Default So true

Quote:
Those who are leary will just have to wait and see for themselves. They just don't know the In-n-Out following...
I lived in SoCal for many years. Your observations are spot on.

Quote:
Those who say, it won't fly have absolutely no clue. I would bet every penny I have...
I'll take a piece of that action.

Quote:
IN-N-Out loyalist are almost like God followers.
I've long been awaiting a revision of the New Testament along those lines. This edition will have a red cover with a big yellow arrow pointing to page one.

Quote:
...hubby had an IN-N-Out T shirt on, 3 different people came up to him and remarked about the hamburgers...
Virtually every time I wear my In-n-Out T-shirt, people approach me to discuss the food. Tom Cruise has nothing that my T-shirt, combined with my irresistible charm, can't duplicate (err, OK, I'm stretching on that one a bit...)

Quote:
I will laugh when these doubters watch the lines at the first one in Garland.
Let's break out the now. I just may be in that line. Make mine a double double, animal style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas