Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2006, 01:33 AM

202 posts, read 833,610 times

Advertisements

Hi I have lived my whole life in Los Angeles (41)years and ...I hate it!!
My brother and dad moved to Willis and they love it there!! I want to sell my house and move!!I like Magnolia.
Can anyone tell me about Magnolia? I just want a nice house with a fireplace with a few acres and lots of trees. Not much. I am nice,quite and kind and will never be one of those annoying LA people!! I don't have a car phone, don't care about starbucks and I don't honk in traffic. So if you have a kind heart could you please tell me all about Magnolia? No I dont have kids and I want a horse!!!or two
I work in the hospital doing medical diagnostic testing and I am a great babysitter...just thinking about jobs out there. LOL!!
Thank You!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2006, 07:27 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,619,033 times
Do you like the Renaisannce (sp?) festivals? There is a huge one that occurs just north of Magnolia every year and last around 6 weeks (weekends only?), I think. Actually is great fun, but there is quite a large increase in traffic in the area during that time, with a large jump in the number of intoxicated people. Mind you, they tend not to be the dangerous type, but I am sure it is very annoying to some of the local residents.

In more general terms, I think Magnoila is in a great location. It is not on a major highway, but it is close enough to 290 to get you into Houston (or Austin or San Antonio) without too much trouble. There are plenty of trees (mostly pines of one sort or another) and that is definitely horse country. The area will be humid and hot in the summer, but those trees give great shade if you get the right property. You are far enough from the coast to shield you from all but the monster hurricanes, and you will not have to go through 90% of the traffic if you do decide to evacuate from one.

Can really tell you about local jobs, economy, or people, thorugh, having not lived there...

Old 12-07-2006, 10:46 PM

202 posts, read 833,610 times
That sounds great!! I used to work at the Ren festival where I live. I just can't wait to have some land and privacy. Thank you so much for the kind reply Magnolia sounds like heaven on earth to me.

Old 01-14-2007, 07:33 PM

30 posts, read 181,667 times
That area is wonderful-you'll probably love it there. Be prepared for heavy traffic on 1488--the area BOOMED in the last 5 years and wait-time (as in sitting in traffic) was getting very bad during commute time. Maybe it's improved since we left the area in 2004, but ask about traffic on 1488.

Overall, beautiful, beautiful place w/almost anything available nearby. You won't believe the "bargains" on real estate relative to your experience, I presume, on the west coast.

Best of luck!

Old 01-16-2007, 10:32 PM

1 posts, read 10,747 times
Default Magnolia Texas

How soon are you planning on moving to the Magnolia area? I currently live in the area, and I think it is great. It is growing, but there is still plenty of wide open space for you to be away from the hustle and bustle.

Last edited by Yac; 01-17-2007 at 05:55 AM..

Old 11-04-2007, 06:31 PM

2 posts, read 13,374 times
Re: Magnolia - does anyone have a guess-ta-mate on the commute into Houston (ExxonMobil)?

Old 06-18-2010, 01:58 PM

13 posts, read 26,292 times
I woud like to hear more about Magnolia too. Schools, humid in fall , winter, spring? Hurricane season?
It area more conservative?

Old 06-21-2010, 05:43 PM

2 posts, read 10,003 times
Thumbs up Magnolia

Quote:
Originally Posted by aween View Post
Hi I have lived my whole life in Los Angeles (41)years and ...I hate it!!
My brother and dad moved to Willis and they love it there!! I want to sell my house and move!!I like Magnolia.
Can anyone tell me about Magnolia? I just want a nice house with a fireplace with a few acres and lots of trees. Not much. I am nice,quite and kind and will never be one of those annoying LA people!! I don't have a car phone, don't care about starbucks and I don't honk in traffic. So if you have a kind heart could you please tell me all about Magnolia? No I dont have kids and I want a horse!!!or two
I work in the hospital doing medical diagnostic testing and I am a great babysitter...just thinking about jobs out there. LOL!!
Thank You!!
I am familiar some what with Magnolia.. I have a sister-in-law who lives there..They moved here from Sacramento.
They live in a very nice area, quite restricted...every thing is very convenient..you have your quite area, and not have to travel to far
main strip..maybe a couple of miles..you proably would not have a hard time finding work. Especially in the Medical field, such an demand.
If I can be of any other help to you let me know..

Welcome to Texas!!!

Old 07-04-2010, 09:44 PM

1 posts, read 8,807 times
Hey,

I'd just like to say that as far as politics goes, Magnolia is a nightmare. Most of the events are confusing and hard to find. I think a good slogan for Magnolia would be "Because fiascos don't happen by themselves..." Seriously, some of the best suggestions I've heard is for the city to just disband.. Don't let this discourage you though; the people and places are awesome. Everyone's nice and nothing is too terribly far away. It is Texas so the weather is hot and humid in the summer. The weather is actually really nice in the fall and spring. As far as winter goes it's pretty crazy; we've had winters with snow and winters where you could wear shorts. Basically, the people are great, the city is crazy. Hope I didn't discourage you from moving here.

~ Fireblazer

Old 09-07-2010, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 8,556 times
what about tornardos? is this near or in a tornado area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas