Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2015, 07:46 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,575,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB View Post
That's a letdown.

It's certainly not something I pictured opening in ROD.
Lol, what's such a letdown about it?

Quote:
The Houston store will feature men's and women's clothing made from fine fabrics for affordable prices, with many items costing less than $100
Is it because it will be "affordable", aka some items less than $100, that makes the store a let down? It will provide a retail option for some of the people who would otherwise only be able to afford to visit ROD for a movie or food, so if anything I see it as a plus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 09:18 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,788,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Lol, what's such a letdown about it?

Is it because it will be "affordable", aka some items less than $100, that makes the store a let down? It will provide a retail option for some of the people who would otherwise only be able to afford to visit ROD for a movie or food, so if anything I see it as a plus.

After all the hype you've created for ROD being on par with HPV, a H&M flag just isn't what I expected.

Also, you think it's odd a grocery store was selected for HPV, I think it's odd ROD is located behind a Target and nestled between a highway and railroad tracks.

But that's just my opinion.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB View Post
After all the hype you've created for ROD being on par with HPV, a H&M flag just isn't what I expected.

Also, you think it's odd a grocery store was selected for HPV, I think it's odd ROD is located behind a Target and nestled between a highway and railroad tracks.

But that's just my opinion.
What hype have i created for ROD? I've basically just said its Houstons answer to HPV.

That grocery store is somehow less of a letdown than a luxury concept by H&M? Yeahh.. i don't think so.

But thats just my opinion.

By the way.. the only thing odd about the location around ROD is the fact that there is a suburban format Target taking up so much valuable real estate. Target has to know what kind of a goldmine they're sitting on given all of the development going on around it (not only ROD but a handful of residential towers on Westcreek) and likely plans to cash out in the future with a smaller footprint urban format store or moving that store out of the loop entirely. but for now, no.. the neighbors to the west of ROD are actually Sulivans Steakhouse (getting torn down for ROD Phase II), an apartment complex, an office high rise, and Hotel Derek, before you get to the highway. and east of ROD is High Street apartments, some smaller new development thats name i can't recall, and the new Mid Lane/Azalea Court development before you get to the railroad tracks. the affluent neighborhoods of Uptown (west), Afton Oaks (south), and River Oaks (east) all surround River Oaks District, so I'm not sure whats so odd about its location? great demographics (in respect to the clientele of ROD) pretty much everywhere you look..

Old 08-30-2015, 06:23 AM

420 posts, read 707,643 times
Nothing wrong with H&M. It's not upscale, but it's extremely trendy and popular and they're popping up everywhere. Even though H&M sells discounted priced fashion, I think it can still fit in with more luxurious retailers. I mean, it's not like putting in an Old Navy or TJ Max by any stretch. On the other hand, they're not really unique anymore either. There's already a handful of them in DFW and Houston (including one at outlet mall Grapevine Mills) with another new one opening up soon in Sundance Square.

I would say it's neither a negative nor that impressive for ROD. It's just another H&M, but I think they'll be successful pretty much anywhere they open.

Old 08-30-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayStokes View Post
Nothing wrong with H&M. It's not upscale, but it's extremely trendy and popular and they're popping up everywhere. Even though H&M sells discounted priced fashion, I think it can still fit in with more luxurious retailers. I mean, it's not like putting in an Old Navy or TJ Max by any stretch. On the other hand, they're not really unique anymore either. There's already a handful of them in DFW and Houston (including one at outlet mall Grapevine Mills) with another new one opening up soon in Sundance Square.

I would say it's neither a negative nor that impressive for ROD. It's just another H&M, but I think they'll be successful pretty much anywhere they open.
But it's not "H&M".. It's one of 7 Collection of Style/"COS" stores in the U.S.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:

It's all the same old crap. You're getting a slightly larger store than the other locations with a little more selection. That's about it.

Old 09-01-2015, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayStokes View Post
It's all the same old crap. You're getting a slightly larger store than the other locations with a little more selection. That's about it.
huh? you just said "nothing wrong with H&M", now you're saying "its all the same old crap". so which one is it?

thats beside the point that this is a completely different concept/store from H&M (I'm not sure you're understanding this?).. "slightly larger than the other locations"? this store isn't even 5,000 sq ft.. and which locations are you talking about now? this is the ONLY ONE IN TEXAS. why you keep referring to locations that the H&M branded store is at is beyond me..?

COS is currently located in..

Beverly Hills - LA
SoHo - NYC

with stores opening in..

5th Avenue - NYC
Costa Mesa - CA
Newbury Street - Boston
and of course..
ROD - Houston (i still haven't figured out where the supposed 7th store is/will be)

Old 09-01-2015, 01:49 AM
BCB

COS is H&M's answer to J. Crew.

Customers have reported poor quality, and I believe them - men's dress shirts start at $69 and polo shirts start at a mere $38.

Again, this is a letdown.

Old 09-01-2015, 01:55 AM
BCB

Quote:
H&M's marketing team has you hooked!

You're a Belieber, TexasTallest!

Old 09-01-2015, 03:15 AM

Quote:
huh? you just said "nothing wrong with H&M", now you're saying "its all the same old crap". so which one is it?

thats beside the point that this is a completely different concept/store from H&M (I'm not sure you're understanding this?).. "slightly larger than the other locations"? this store isn't even 5,000 sq ft.. and which locations are you talking about now? this is the ONLY ONE IN TEXAS. why you keep referring to locations that the H&M branded store is at is beyond me..?

COS is currently located in..

Beverly Hills - LA
SoHo - NYC

with stores opening in..

5th Avenue - NYC
Costa Mesa - CA
Newbury Street - Boston
and of course..
ROD - Houston (i still haven't figured out where the supposed 7th store is/will be)

There IS nothing wrong with H&M, I actually really like the place, but "same old crap" just meant COS is basically the same style and quality of clothes only with different branding and more expensive. It's not exactly reinventing the wheel. It's like going to Banana Republic instead of The Gap.

Either way, I'll take back my dismissive comment. I'm sure it'll be a nice, popular spot in ROD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas