Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 08:04 AM

13,905 posts, read 3,386,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
That is so true! My seven-year-old is a beautiful blond with blue eyes. She is a dime a dozen. I go to pick her up at school and I can't figure out which one she is. This area also has the most natural red-heads I have ever seen. That's saying something, considering I'm from Irish Massachusetts.

If you are a brunette with brown eyes you stick out like a sore thumb!
Thank god hipnapster. I'm glad to know I won't have to dye my hair and get colored contacts when I come down. At least I know of one more brunette Course I won't be able to do anything about being short
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2007, 08:05 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,654,313 times
My friend Susan Ashton sings Wichita Lineman occasionally when she performs and it stops everybody in their tracks. What is it about that melody that hits you square in the gut? LOVE that song.

Happy Birthday Mr. Campbell.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:28 AM

5,985 posts, read 4,394,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
My friend Susan Ashton sings Wichita Lineman occasionally when she performs and it stops everybody in their tracks. What is it about that melody that hits you square in the gut? LOVE that song.

Happy Birthday Mr. Campbell.
Wichita Lineman was written by Jimmy Webb, the legendary songwriter who wrote a string of hit songs for Glen Campbell. He also wrote Up Up and Away for 5th Dimension, a song that became a commercial jingle for one of the major airlines. Some say he got the Up Up and Away idea from the cartoon character Atom Ant. And Glen Campbell is truly amazing. I saw a VH1 countdown of the 100 biggest hits of all time, and he either sang or played on 17 of them. You haven't lived until you've heard him play the William Tell Overture on guitar.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:35 AM

5,985 posts, read 4,394,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northcountrygirl View Post
I agree with you on that one. I was going to ask if all women in Tennesse were beautiful blond haired, blue eyed girls with 8 ft. legs. Cheeeesh!! Of course I'm just jealous being brunette with hazel eyes and pony legs . But you're right. Not all of us are impressed by that though. My love of country music is strictly the lyrics and the message. I'm not too impressed by looks and I'm sure there are quite a few of us who aren't. As far as NASCAR goes being cute won't bring you over the finish line now will it
No, but a driver can earn millions in one year without winning a single race. It's all about corporate sponsorship and how well the driver can promote Home Depot, Lowe's, Budweiser, etc.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
No, but a driver can earn millions in one year without winning a single race. It's all about corporate sponsorship and how well the driver can promote Home Depot, Lowe's, Budweiser, etc.
You're absolutely right as usual. I just like to pretend that corporations haven't taken the fun out of everything. I hate to come out of my bubble I guess it's cause everything seems so out of control that you feel powerless to stop or change it. Ignorance is bliss ya know Thanks for putting my feet back on the ground.

Old 04-21-2007, 09:30 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,423,357 times
Northcountrygirl, I hate to break it to you, but I am 5'9", blond, and blue-eyed. My kid had to get it from somewhere!

That's okay, if you are a brunette with brown eyes, you will be considered exotic. Men will swoon over you!

The reason that good-looking guys make a mint in Nascar endorsements is because Nascar widows demand it. We need a little happiness, too, you know. The only thing that I have to look forward to EVERY FREAKIN' SUNDAY is commercials by Michael Waltrip and Kasey Kahne.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Northcountrygirl, I hate to break it to you, but I am 5'9", blond, and blue-eyed. My kid had to get it from somewhere!

That's okay, if you are a brunette with brown eyes, you will be considered exotic. Men will swoon over you!

The reason that good-looking guys make a mint in Nascar endorsements is because Nascar widows demand it. We need a little happiness, too, you know. The only thing that I have to look forward to EVERY FREAKIN' SUNDAY is commercials by Michael Waltrip and Kasey Kahne.

OHHHH!!! That's funny. Sorry bout that! Well I'm 5' 9", brunette and hazel eyed so I guess I'll really stick out. So much for keeping a low profile. My husband could probably do without the swooning part though. At least while he's watching anyway. He's 6', blond and blue eyed and so is my step daughter so they'd blend right in.

Old 04-21-2007, 02:50 PM

506 posts, read 1,482,374 times
I haven't read all the posts, but for the most part I hate all new country (obviously there are some exceptions). Generally, I listen to bluegrass. But, I love old country like Hank Williams Sr., Alabama, & Nitty Girtty Dirt band, etc.

Rodney Atkins (new country) is from my hometown of Greeneville.

Last edited by AppalachianAngler; 04-21-2007 at 03:07 PM..

Old 04-21-2007, 05:24 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,380,902 times
I love Old Country. Patsy Cline, Hank Williams Sr, Kitty Wells, ect, ect. Today's Country I really do not care for. There are a few I like. My all time favorite is George Strait...he sings so effortlessly and he looks great in Wranglers too. LOL
I also love Bluegrass from Ralph Stanley to Doyle Lawson to Claire Lynch.
I like the Stones, Meatloaf, Pink Floyd, Grand Funk Railroad.....oh gosh, I am dating myself.

Old 04-21-2007, 05:51 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,261,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northcountrygirl View Post
I watched the big country music festival they have in Nashville evey year and they were airing last years and I was overwhelmed by the things that the country stars did for their fans. Like K. Chesney flying two of his fans in his private jet etc. There is a major difference in country and rock stars. When was the last time you saw a rock star doing anything for a fan??? One of the many reasons I love country music.
That's the CMT Music Festival (it used to be called Fan Fair) in June. Come on down and go to the show. It's reasonably priced for what you get. And they have places where you can meet and get your picture taken with the performers. Some of the bigger stars have been opting out of doing this in recent years (and it would still be hard to met Reba, or Faith, or Garth Brooks), but there are a few surprises every year.

Then if you hang around for a couple of weeks you can go to Bonnaroo, which is held south of Nashville. It's the Woodstock of the south. Big show, big crowds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee