Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 10:36 PM

54 posts, read 155,141 times

Advertisements

honestly, y was this even posted? crimes like this happen everywhere! im going back to sleep
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 02:27 PM

139 posts, read 239,731 times
It's better said than done! People commit crimes all the time, and yet people start threads saying it's the CITY'S fault. well it isn't, and if u have a problem w/ that, then u should do something, not cry like a whiny baby, cussing out Richmond, and saying, "mommy! get me out of hell! i hate it here! some1's going to assault me!" DO SOMETHING PEOPLE! Don't whine! But I agree, we can't just call Crime Stoppers everytime we see something. i don't think those guys even caught anyone!

Old 02-02-2011, 10:55 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,886,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skratch View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBzCKGp3UNU
1700 block east carry street, this is why i never go to anything downtown, richmond downtown is ugly, ugly site, nothing beautiful about it, also trashy, thats richmond for you

[mod cut]
Haha, to think this doesn't happen all over the country (and not just in cities). Richmond downtown ugly? When was the last time you were downtown? Richmond may be slow to adapt to change or may not be the biggest city, but one thing it doesn't lack in is beauty (Belle Isle, Shockoe Slip, the Fan, The Capital, Church Hill, etc.).

Right or wrong, I'm going to assume you're not an urban person in saying that people often-times choose to live outside the city because it's so "safe". Like auto accidents, roberies, murders and drugs don't happen in the burbs (check the stats on auto accidents if you think the burbs are safe). I'll trade a "safe" life for an interesting life that allows me to interact with a diverse offering of people in diverse and real circumstances.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:08 PM

1,292 posts, read 4,708,522 times
To be fair this is in the Richmond section, and not the all over the country section. Fact remains that downtown Richmond is not safe and saying it is like this all over the country does not do much to defend the city.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:14 PM

92 posts, read 254,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders15 View Post
To be fair this is in the Richmond section, and not the all over the country section. Fact remains that downtown Richmond is not safe and saying it is like this all over the country does not do much to defend the city.
What? I don't see it as anything to defend. I'll admit, it's a terrible situation and it does makes me think twice about going downtown by myself after dark. But unfortunately, crimes happen everywhere and anywhere.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:55 PM

This DOES happen all over the country. When I was living in Hampton Roads, I saw over 30 homeless people in Downtwon Norfolk, and a murder was committed across the street in my subdivision in Newport News. Murders and robberies weren't surprising in HR, cuz over 45 were commited everyday in VA BEACH ALONE! That's why I always defend Richmond as a safe city. It's awesome.

And for u suckers out there who say Richmond doesn't have a good transit system, Richmond may very well become the first area in the COUNTRY to have its suburbs get one of these before the actual downtown area. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Chesterfield officials discuss possibility of light-rail system | Richmond Times-Dispatch (http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2011/feb/02/TDMET01-chesterfield-officials-discuss-possibility-ar-814289/ - broken link)

Old 02-02-2011, 05:47 PM

1,799 posts, read 6,322,057 times
Quote:
Stop talking out of both sides of your mouth Anders... you constantly compare Richmond to other places and no one uses that lame-o cop-out.

To be fair... HAAAAAAAA!

Old 02-02-2011, 06:19 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,886,137 times
Quote:
It's sad that so many people are scared of so much. Just like anywhere else, Richmond is safe if you are aware of your surroundings. Outside of that, things can happen, but that's life. I know I'm not going to sit inside my house and fear an entire city because of a single event. Good luck to you.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:01 PM

hehe....lame-o cop-out....but im on your side

Old 02-03-2011, 01:38 AM

54 posts, read 155,141 times
i mean lets be serious....white guy....late at night....no one outside ....bad part of town....im sorry but that smells like a beat down from miles away lol. hey im black and u still wouldn't catch me by myself, late at night, downtown. you might as well wear a sign that says "im looking for trouble" LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond