Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2024, 05:32 PM
JRR

8,159 posts, read 5,651,590 times

Advertisements

I had my regular six month visit with my family physician this morning and they did the Medicare Wellness questions. Certainly was nothing for me to get my knickers in a twist over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2024, 07:53 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,642,357 times
I've calls from every company that exists that has a senior suckerer database list. They call continually. And I have never signed up for any of their services. And never will. Not how I do business!

Old 02-21-2024, 05:43 AM

468 posts, read 465,572 times
I got another voicemail from "UHC" last night at 7:30pm. Thats the 2nd call in less than 2 weeks. They wanted me to call them back to discuss my healthcare. Zero chance of that happening. I've been with them for 6 years and never got calls until the past few months. I don't call anyone back unless it's family or friend as mo99 percent of the calls and texts I get are scams. I got a voicemail from a "sheriff " a few months ago saying he had a warrant for my arrest for missing jury duty in Florida. Ha! What a joke. He said I could clear it up by paying a $1200 fine. Yeah, I'll get right on that.

Old 02-21-2024, 09:36 AM

6,768 posts, read 5,481,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I also got that one and had just by coincidence happened to request a refill that morning. It's only $3 without insurance so I don't use my Wellcare.

So at first I thought it could be legit, but the second question was "in order to verify your identity, please enter your birth date."

Uh, no. Your auto dialer called me. Not giving you any personal info.
Lol.

When I've gotten such a call, I say "well YOU called ME...don't you KNOW who you called?
That usually gets a stumbled response or a *click*!!

Lol.

Also any call that does say it's a potential scam on my cell, I don't answer.

ANY number..such as Dr, electric company or health insurance..
I make a contact immediately on my smart phone...so I know is legit!

I know some seniors don't have a smart phone, but once you know a few "tips, tricks and techniques" they are easy to use.

Best

Old 02-22-2024, 03:43 PM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times
Just got my robo call from United Health from my former home's area code (which I still have on my cell phone). I have United Health as my Part B (AARP) so hung up right away. I get scam calls from that area code which is 2200 miles from where I now live.

Old 02-22-2024, 06:10 PM

9,114 posts, read 6,155,520 times
The vitriolic responses to an annual wellness check astounds me.

It's up to you.

No one is forcing you to participate. Don't go. Very simple.

However, there is a population for whom these wellness checks are helpful.

There are many people over age 65 who do not have the mental acuity shown by the posters on C-D. Also, many "seniors" are poor, isolated, and in need.

Having a "free" wellness check ensures that at least once each year, a medical professional is assessing the person and can provide guidance and help beyond treating aches and pains.

I have never had a Medicare wellness check, but I understand that I may not a member of the target audience.

Old 02-22-2024, 06:14 PM

2,494 posts, read 3,245,156 times
No medical spam here. Calls from Kaiser Permanente are real and helpful.

Old 02-23-2024, 07:51 AM

7,747 posts, read 3,778,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twins4lynn View Post
I get UHC calls frequently. As soon as I know who's calling I say "not interested" and hang up.
You might enjoy subscribing to Jolly Rodger Telephone Company - they intercept spam calls and waste the time of the callers. I first learned about them by watching a Shark Tank episode many years ago. They've improved their service tremendously.

Here's a YouTube video showing an example.
"This is a call between a Medicare phone scammer and a robot powered by ChatGPT AI (using Speechmatics as the "ears" and Play.HT as the "voice"). There's a very brief intro and then 12 glorious minutes of wasted scammer time with "Jolly Jenny GPT". Then there's some goofy commentary from me that you can ignore.

The magic of ChatGPT is all in the superprompt. This one mixes fashion and restaurant trends into a fun set of interaction.

I assume you hate unsolicited telemarketing too. If you want us to turn your telemarketers into entertainment, please check us out at JollyRogerTelephone.com. Thanks for listening!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nowLR2TI9bE

Old 02-23-2024, 07:53 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
[quote=SunGrins;66410734]United Healthcare sends a nurse out for home visits once a year. They claim Medicare makes them do it. You can opt for a Zoom visit. Either way it seems pointless.[/QUOTEi

I believe Medicare likes and pays for an annual wellness check! Do you visit your doctor annually.
This can also be a revenue generator for them. Doctors need to pay the bills and sometimes a short all is all interaction with us helps that!

Old 02-24-2024, 05:17 AM

468 posts, read 465,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
The vitriolic responses to an annual wellness check astounds me.

It's up to you.

No one is forcing you to participate. Don't go. Very simple.

However, there is a population for whom these wellness checks are helpful.

There are many people over age 65 who do not have the mental acuity shown by the posters on C-D. Also, many "seniors" are poor, isolated, and in need.

Having a "free" wellness check ensures that at least once each year, a medical professional is assessing the person and can provide guidance and help beyond treating aches and pains.

I have never had a Medicare wellness check, but I understand that I may not a member of the target audience.
I do my annual wellness check at my doctor's office and I go there in person. I don't need or want a phone call from my Medigap provider asking me question I've already answered at my doctor's office. If other people want that then that is fine. To each their own All I want from UHC is for them to pay my bills which is why I pay them $180 a month. One thing people do have to be aware of is that many calls that seem to be from a supposedly trusted entity are not actually coming from that entity. Google call spoofing and you'll see what I'm talking about. I've already had my identity stolen once and I don't answer calls from anyone I don't know. The calls that are supposedly coming from UHC have a good probability of being spoofed calls. I got a scam call recently that showed up on my phone as being from a sheriff's office in Florida. They left me a voicemail that was obviously a scam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement