Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2024, 11:13 AM

2,273 posts, read 1,667,073 times

Advertisements

DH answered a call from Wellcare as we have that for prescriptions. It was not exactly a scam but the caller then went on to extol the virtues of their Advantage program for which we have absolutely no interest.

The caller was disgruntled when DH said there is no way we would have an insurance company in charge of our health care, including denials and delays as friends have experienced so do not call again. Considering they make major commissions for Advantage programs I guess it is worth it for them to try anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2024, 01:53 PM

23,961 posts, read 15,066,841 times
UHC carries our company provided healthcare. We are long retired.UHC insist on sending a nurse to our house once a year. I always say no because it is a waste of time. They don’t do much. How are you, blood pressure, weight, any questions. Then UHC sends us each a 50$ gift card. The visit is more trouble than it’s worth. Also my docs office has a service call monthly with the same questions.

Old 02-09-2024, 02:45 PM

4,511 posts, read 2,656,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshultz View Post
My mom used to get this call from her health insurance each year. After explaining that mom was in assisted living with dementia and that I was successor trustee a couple of times, I stopped answering the calls. They couldn't seem to comprehend what I was telling them. I remember them telling me that they would have to verify the information I gave them, but each year, it was like I had never talked to them previously. After mom died, I got another of these calls. As part of handling mom's post-death affairs, I talked to someone from this health insurance company, and told them they needed to stop these calls.
That's because it's spam advertising, just like the extended warranty ad calls you'll get for ten years after each time you buy a new car. There are no humans involved.

Old 02-10-2024, 06:16 AM

4,140 posts, read 3,046,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock4 View Post
DH answered a call from Wellcare as we have that for prescriptions. It was not exactly a scam but the caller then went on to extol the virtues of their Advantage program for which we have absolutely no interest.

The caller was disgruntled when DH said there is no way we would have an insurance company in charge of our health care, including denials and delays as friends have experienced so do not call again. Considering they make major commissions for Advantage programs I guess it is worth it for them to try anyway.
I have Wellcare, too. There is no premium this year. When I looked into it, I saw that there was going to be a push to sign up for Medicare Advantage. Not interested in signing up for Medicare Advantage so that my legitimate claims can be denied, and so that I can be locked into a network of providers.

Old 02-10-2024, 06:58 AM

6,575 posts, read 4,964,901 times
I mostly get mail from United Healthcare. "Your coverage is expiring". Except I've never had UHC coverage.

Then I talked to a doctor this week, who I'd seen once, December 2022. She kept asking if I still had my UHC plan.

"I *never* had a UHC plan"

It's a little crazy

Old 02-10-2024, 08:51 AM

2,199 posts, read 3,357,507 times
I get UHC calls frequently. As soon as I know who's calling I say "not interested" and hang up.

Old 02-10-2024, 08:58 AM

5,761 posts, read 11,360,805 times
Effective at the beginning of this year, I switched from an Aetna Medicare Advantage plan (through my former employer) to traditional Medicare with a Medicare supplement plan G (Mutual of Omaha). After reading this thread, glad I did not switch to a plan offered by UHC, which was one of the options available for a plan G.

Old 02-10-2024, 09:26 AM

36,413 posts, read 16,022,206 times
I've never had a call from UHC. I answer all questions at the dr. at the yearly Medicare appt. I have Plan G.

Old 02-10-2024, 11:49 AM

19,802 posts, read 9,341,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
Effective at the beginning of this year, I switched from an Aetna Medicare Advantage plan (through my former employer) to traditional Medicare with a Medicare supplement plan G (Mutual of Omaha). After reading this thread, glad I did not switch to a plan offered by UHC, which was one of the options available for a plan G.
FWIW, I also have a Medicare "Plan G" (although it is called something else in Wisconsin, but the coverage is the same). This has worked out very well for my husband and I, as we have not paid more than a total of $200 out of pocket in a single year for ER and doctor visits since we retired over two years ago.

Old 02-10-2024, 12:03 PM

16,070 posts, read 10,729,796 times
United Healthcare sends a nurse out for home visits once a year. They claim Medicare makes them do it. You can opt for a Zoom visit. Either way it seems pointless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement